Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > In Memoriam
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam Tributes to those who have been executed or died whilst on Death Row.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Catcher of the cold

I know also,a man same age to him(my best friend).
I will never forget the early morning( in Japanese time)almost 2 years ago.
I called TX governor and couldn't stop cry while I leave him a message in answering machine,
I was so felt shame "left a crying voice for "that man"(you know)'s answering machine,
With his friends,kept hope till 6PM Texas time,

I was like a empty shell that day and texted my friend,who will be 30 this year.

It's April and soon it's Michael's birthday ,

I believed Michael will be 30 this year,with my friend,to the last moment.

illusionist:from iPhone

Life is learning..especially for me(on training)
Also sorry for long absence!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 02:52 AM
attorney

Thanked 22,228 Times in 7,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcouture7 View Post
I understand that michael was executed over a year ago. But, like many others, i saw Michael's face on the new series on investigation discovery. I had not seen into the abyss prior to this. While i was watchin, i asked myself what in the world could he have done? Either i cant read people well or he looked like a good guy! I actually have spent so much time researching and reading and i am heartbroken. Living in a state that does not allow capital punishment, it is not something that i think about often as it has never affected me.
Since i have begun to read about michael i found out hes the same age as my fiance, and we have two children together. I didnt know michael even though i feel as though i really know and understand michael.
I know how much you must be hurting, and i wish i wouldve known, maybe one more voice wouldve made the difference. I do understand that he was extremely brave and from the letters and legal documents i read that he has written i can see he was very bright. Im sorry. And i offer all my condolences. i understand it is a touchy subject but if i can at all be of any help spreadong awareness etc i will be more than happy to do so.
This story has greatly affected my life as i think about it everyday.
You're right, MA doesn't have the death penalty. But, it did for a long time. If you look up the case of Sacco and Vanzetti, you'll see a huge miscarriage of justice, and why, as a MA resident, you need to keep constant vigilance http://saccoandvanzetti.org/.

What's shocking is that these events continue to occur, people like Mr. Perry continue to suffer this injustice, and we need to remember each and every one, each and every family member and friend injured by these acts of "state".
Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 AM

This "acts of state" are legal crimes, as heinous as can be, at least in my understanding.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself

You're right, MA doesn't have the death penalty. But, it did for a long time. If you look up the case of Sacco and Vanzetti, you'll see a huge miscarriage of justice, and why, as a MA resident, you need to keep constant vigilance http://saccoandvanzetti.org/.

What's shocking is that these events continue to occur, people like Mr. Perry continue to suffer this injustice, and we need to remember each and every one, each and every family member and friend injured by these acts of "state".
Regardless of death penalty, massachusetts system is unorganized and corrupt. My fiance is incarcerated for armed robbery. In ma even if the gun is fake, even if you do not have a gun and say you do, it is armed robbery. We are going through a tough time right now with jobs, and being from charlestown chad did the only thing he knew how to do after being laid off from his job just weeks before the birth of our second son. Im not saying what he did was right, not at all. But, his nephew, who had been drinking at a party and got into an altercation with someone, stabbed his best friend 15 times in the chest. He did 45 days in a county jail, and was sent home to be on house arrest. Why does he get to come home while my man rots in a cell in one of the most dangerous prisons in massachusetts, souza baranowski correctional center, for the next 7 years.
Again. A friend of his nephews, robbed a girl of her purse, stole her credit cards and attempted to use them in a cab on mothers day. When they were rejected, he shot the taxi driver with a bb gun. They failed to indict them in a timely manor, they will be home in 30 days.
I have no faith left in the justice system, because it brings no justice. It fails the people who are in desperate need of help while allowing others free.
I understand i am not a friend or family of michael perry, but he has touched my life and left a huge impact that will never be forgotten.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 PM
attorney

Thanked 22,228 Times in 7,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcouture7 View Post
Regardless of death penalty, massachusetts system is unorganized and corrupt. My fiance is incarcerated for armed robbery. In ma even if the gun is fake, even if you do not have a gun and say you do, it is armed robbery. We are going through a tough time right now with jobs, and being from charlestown chad did the only thing he knew how to do after being laid off from his job just weeks before the birth of our second son. Im not saying what he did was right, not at all. But, his nephew, who had been drinking at a party and got into an altercation with someone, stabbed his best friend 15 times in the chest. He did 45 days in a county jail, and was sent home to be on house arrest. Why does he get to come home while my man rots in a cell in one of the most dangerous prisons in massachusetts, souza baranowski correctional center, for the next 7 years.
Again. A friend of his nephews, robbed a girl of her purse, stole her credit cards and attempted to use them in a cab on mothers day. When they were rejected, he shot the taxi driver with a bb gun. They failed to indict them in a timely manor, they will be home in 30 days.
I have no faith left in the justice system, because it brings no justice. It fails the people who are in desperate need of help while allowing others free.
I understand i am not a friend or family of michael perry, but he has touched my life and left a huge impact that will never be forgotten.
disparities in how justice is applied is not the same as corruption. In other states, the presence of a gun would add 10 years to any sentence. Each state can implement different laws, and will implement different laws. I don't know much about MA law - I live here, I don't practice here. I do know that changing states, sometimes a matter of traveling a few yards, changes the law such that somethings are not crimes, and other things are crime, some things are felonies, and other things are not felonies.

Re the guy they failed to indict in a timely manner - are you asserting that the State should have more opportunities to indict the guy, and "do overs" when they screw up procedurally? Do you really think a guy needs to go to prison even when the State screws up?

Sorry your guy's in prison. The crime was his choice. The law is the law. Doesn't make the system corrupt. A person can be armed with any variety of weapons, including but not limited to things that aren't normally considered weapons being used as weapons. Don't know your case. This is a death penalty forum, and my response was to the death penalty, and the effects of the Sacco and Vanzetti trial on MA death penalty law. If you're trying to make parallels between Sacco and Vanzetti and your LO based on their immigrant status, I'm sorry, but you're off base. By your own statement, you're admitting your LO committed a crime. Sacco and Vanzetti were innocent men.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself

disparities in how justice is applied is not the same as corruption. In other states, the presence of a gun would add 10 years to any sentence. Each state can implement different laws, and will implement different laws. I don't know much about MA law - I live here, I don't practice here. I do know that changing states, sometimes a matter of traveling a few yards, changes the law such that somethings are not crimes, and other things are crime, some things are felonies, and other things are not felonies.

Re the guy they failed to indict in a timely manner - are you asserting that the State should have more opportunities to indict the guy, and "do overs" when they screw up procedurally? Do you really think a guy needs to go to prison even when the State screws up?

Sorry your guy's in prison. The crime was his choice. The law is the law. Doesn't make the system corrupt. A person can be armed with any variety of weapons, including but not limited to things that aren't normally considered weapons being used as weapons. Don't know your case. This is a death penalty forum, and my response was to the death penalty, and the effects of the Sacco and Vanzetti trial on MA death penalty law. If you're trying to make parallels between Sacco and Vanzetti and your LO based on their immigrant status, I'm sorry, but you're off base. By your own statement, you're admitting your LO committed a crime. Sacco and Vanzetti were innocent men.
Thats not what i was sayin at all and you took everything out of context. My original comment was to the friends and family of michael and how when i read his website it broke my heart completely without even knowing him and how strong the power of words were and how he completely changed my life without even knowing him.
So please dont make me look bad because of the crime that the father of my children committed. It was him that committed it not me.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 AM

RIP Michael, have a wonderful time with your dad xxxxxxxx
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Catcher of the cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tembo
God i just read his web page, this has to be the saddest thing i have ever read and really touched me... I cant believe the execution went ahead. What a sad sad story of an inspirational young man.
I am from England so quite clueless, his execution although 9 years after conviction sounds soon to me when you have people spending 15-20 years before a date. Why is this? why happen so soon for some and never for others?
His family and friends are in my thoughts and i hope someday he is proven innocent and something is learnt by this tragedy
I searched his "school"and found out over 100 children died of school abuse.

--illusionist:this post is from iPhone-

Life is learning..especially for me(on training)
Also sorry for long absence!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 AM

Three years to the day...

RIP, Michael.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM

I literally just finished watching a documentary about Michael Perry 2 minutes ago, "Into the Abyss". wow such a moving story, His spirits were so high just days before his execution, It's so sad to see a life taken. may his soul rest peacefully..
Old 07-14-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansworld View Post
Words can not express my sadness. Michael and I have been pen pals for a few years now. I know he was hopeful for a stay. I can't imagine what must have been going thru his head to hear he was denied a stay. Michael my dear, rest in peace. <3
I am so sorry for your loss. My pp was executed in May and it's a very hard experience. Take lots of care of yourself and know that he wouldn't have wanted to see you cry but to see you smile. Take joy in your friendship and memories.

rip Michael.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:19 AM

Rest in peace
Old 03-05-2017, 01:32 AM

I am from England, I only watched into the a is a few weeks ago, what a terrible position he found himself in, I thought he looked like any mothers son, reading about his life it was a very sad case, I was upset for days after watching it, I couldn't believe a state would kill, let alone the men who strap them on the gurny oh what a job, the gorgeous people that got killed on that day terrible, may they all find peace, what really hit hard to me, his co accused got 40 years would that not of been so much better for both he even has fathered a child, God bless micheal I hope his nexy journey is a much easier one my love to all who lost there life's
Old 03-05-2017, 08:55 AM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eix View Post
what really hit hard to me, his co accused got 40 years would that not of been so much better for both he even has fathered a child, God bless micheal I hope his nexy journey is a much easier one my love to all who lost there life's
His co-defendant did NOT get a 40-year sentence...he got live with a requirement to SERVE forty years prior to becoming ELIGIBLE for a release to parole supervision. Jason Burkett will very likely serve far more than 40 years and will quite possibly not ever breathe fresh air again...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
She'sMyAngel (03-09-2017)