Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 10-13-2008, 04:34 PM

Default Mailing pre paid phone cards?

I have heard and read that you can send your loved one pre-paid phone cards? Does anyone know if this is allowed in Ashland, Kentucky? I know that it's cheaper to send them a card but I don't want to if he's not going to get it. Thanks is advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 AM

Try calling the facility and ask them if the inmates are allowed to receive phone cards.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Down to Ride
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,858 Times in 2,449 Posts

Lord No, you cant mail in prepaid phone cards, ANYWHERE that I know of, and my husband has been AROUND. The prisons and the phone companies are contracted thru DOC, there is NO WAY they are going to allow any of us to get off that cheap. Especially when you can get a 20 minute phone card at the dollar tree. Ontop of that, when a inmate dials out the only thing they can do is dial a collect call. They cannot enter in numbers and pin numbers as the card requires you to do.

Now several years back the prison my husband is at DID allow you to buy calling cards from canteen, but you could not send them in. Dont waste your money sending him a card, there isnt a prison here that will allow them to be sent in. And once you purchase a card like that at the store you can NOT return it. Sorry, I know its not what you want to hear. But nothing is GIVEN in the DOC

Its hurting you, but its killing me.....