Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2018, 12:22 AM
bslamb's Avatar
bslamb bslamb is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Judge/caregiver/amended sentence question?

So, I was sentenced to 15 mos(low/camp level), 3 months ago and set to self surrender in a week with still no designation. I am my fathers primary caregiver and 2 weeks ago he was given a prognosis of 6-12 months left to live from advanced Alzheimerís and put on hospice.

My plan is to contact a new attny that was recommended to me since my reg attny has gone dark and request a 45 day extension on my self surrender. Within that time frame I will have docs and letter from my dadís neurologist stating his prognosis and being put on hospice. He needs me to care for him and I plan on asking the judge to ammend(not reduce) my sentence. Heís a judge who does listen to all mitigating information but Iím curious if youíve seen anyone who had a judge change their sentence based off the need for the inmate out on bail(me) to be put on house arrest/confinement to care for a dying parent?

My crime was non violent and no victims. I was released from BOP last March with zero shots and no probation issues but the feds came back on me for a crime prior to my incarceration. I was told there are stipulations for guys in my shoes to care for a dying parent and stay out of custody as long as Iím not a threat to society. Your thoughts on that and have you heard of any situations similar to mine and the outcome? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bslamb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-19-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2018, 01:45 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 27,463
Thanks: 42,444
Thanked 20,536 Times in 11,948 Posts

Talk to a lawyer who is willing to help you by contacting your sentencing judge, who can delay your sentence.

Expecting any assistance from the bop is probably futile, even with their "compassionate release" policy.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probation Amended after serving sentence Jerry072713 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 2 08-06-2017 05:46 PM
Unusual circumstances, can sentence be amended to hwh & house arrest BEEKNIGHT Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 6 09-09-2016 05:59 PM
Downriver Caregiver Needed for Day Program!! angeltob Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 0 07-13-2009 05:34 PM
Caregiver seeks help for prisoners with disabilities BarbaraAnnVT VERMONT Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions 0 05-04-2008 08:15 AM
HELP!!! caregiver looked my inmate up so_hurt Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 20 12-08-2006 10:16 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics