Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts
Default Correctional Reception Center and Cadre?

Does anyone have any information about CRC as a Cadre ? I have been given a mission to get as many facts about the conditions and the attitudes and the whole situation there. I would appreciate any news, thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 PM
its us

Cadre?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 PM

This is what I know about it and it not much. They are in a back dorm in the back of CRC and they work at different jobs. if it is cells or dorms I am not sure. But they have a little more freedom there. Some can go outside of the fence. Some say it is better but others say it is just like the other prison. You have your nice CO and the not so nice CO. Sorry that is all I have.

The Following User Says Thank You to dayder18 For This Useful Post:
katydidit17 (07-20-2011)
Old 07-19-2011, 02:17 AM

Cadres get alot more freedom then other prisoners.. I have dealt with many when I have went to visits there and they are very nice dont seem rude one bit. I can find out more monday and let you know!!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael's Love View Post
Cadres get alot more freedom then other prisoners.. I have dealt with many when I have went to visits there and they are very nice dont seem rude one bit. I can find out more monday and let you know!!
Thank you, I appreciate it
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 PM
More Than Willing To Wait
Donation Award 

Cadre's receive more freedom, and they are considered short-term prisoner's. Non-violent.

Doc may have the say so for now, but not forever! They CAN'T stop time from moving forward.

Life is like photography, we develop from the negative's.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 PM

i will go in on monday and get more info but i dont think there is much to it
Old 07-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned

He just got his security lowered, so if he goes there he will be able to work outside the gate. He wants a bigger track to run on, and they have softball leagues there, you know, the important stuff !
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 AM

Default cadre

michael said that they dont have a workout center that he knows of the only thing he brought up coming from a musical family is a band room and that is it. but we ask him about working out and he said they dont have that there so i dont know for sure... when he writes i will ask more ok
Old 07-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned

Thank you so very much for all the responses M's love, looks like my son will be staying in Columbus and moving to the facility next door to CMC....wonder what they will name it, since the women will be gone and they sure as hell are not releasing my son... but, then again, seems like Ohio Rehab (now that's a joke ) and Corrections keeps changing it's mind....must be a woman....
Old 11-08-2016, 08:54 AM

Well know this is a old post but I was a cadre here for 2 and a half years. From 2012 to2014 then I got transferred to Lebanon Correctional Institute for a large amount of tobacco. It use to be for minimum sentenced inmates but while I was at Warren Correctional Institute my 4 and a half years in there was a sign up sheet where they was looking for Cadre Inmates that were Closed Security Inmates. I signed up and made it where my Cellmate Was Ryan Widmer who was my celly at Warren also. He is still there and has been working in the Law Library for quite sometime. I don't think they are still accepting inmates as when I was there there was 4 pods then they cut it down to 2 riding a bunch of people out for no reason. I was a lucky one who got to remain until I got rode out. But anyways its alright I guess you can say. Perks are you get to go to the store every week and spend 100.00. and you must have a job. I liked it. The cos treat the reception inmates like shit but treat the cadres with respect because they know they've been down. they try to imtimadate the reception inmates. Anyways just thought Id throw some things in the air
Old 11-08-2016, 08:55 AM

ANd they don't work outside the gates.