Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Ohio.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:43 PM

Default Sale of NCCC in Marion to a private company ?

Does anyone have any recent information on the proposed sale of North Central Correction Complex in Marion to a private company? I know a legal challenge was cleared, via a state supreme court ruling in favor of the state. So is a sale process now moving forward?

I have a good friend in that prison and I'm concerned about the implications of an outright sale -- for the inmates specifically, but also as a matter of public policy more generally. I don't live in Ohio. If anyone has more recent info I would greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2016, 02:20 PM

haven't heard anything
Old 06-29-2016, 01:46 PM

Update: FWIW, my friend inside there says what they've heard is that no companies are interested because the facility needs like $20 million in repairs/upgrades to meet DOC standards. Which if true begs the question of why DOC isn't already requiring that its standards be met.