Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 07-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
Parole requires him to see a counselor. I had to drive him up to now, and he has included me at those sessions, but advised me not to say anything to contradict him. I know that the counselor reports to the parole officer and understand his reticence in not wanting negative things reported. I am wondering, should I call her and express concerns about communication and his attitude about things like this or should I just wait and see and hope it changes.

Personally I think it is unwise to confide in this counselor about anything. You know that she is required to report to his P.O., and you don’t know how things you say to her will end up sounding in her report.

If you can manage it, try to find another counselor — one not connected in any way to the system — someone you & your son can talk to with full privacy and doctor-patient confidentiality.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZski For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-09-2019), Itshardtowait (07-17-2019), lizlizzie2 (07-15-2019)
Sponsored Links