Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:37 PM

Default RDAP program and home confinement

Anyone who has completed the RDAP program recently maybe can answer this question. For the second phase which is 6 months halfway house. Has anyone spent any of those 6 months on home confinement? It says you can but was just wondering if anyone actually has. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,293 Times in 12,847 Posts

No RDAP for me, but I was able to spend half of my HWH time living at home on home confinement. The decision was up to the HWH, with approval from the bop CCM. To qualify, I needed an approved home plan and job clearance. My HWH also required a minimum percentage of time spent living at the HWH, and reasonably clear conduct. My HWH accepted the USPO's approval of my home plan, but some others have posted that their HWH also performed their own home inspection. I also met "residents" who had completed RDAP who were also approved for HC, and it seemed to me that they had an easier time being allowed to live at home.

By the way, if you do have a job, and are paying the HWH 25% of your gross pay for "room & board", or whatever they call it, the payments continue while you are on HC, and only stop on your actual bop release date.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-15-2014 at 03:37 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Here4Us (02-16-2014), jbsteel (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
No RDAP for me, but I was able to spend half of my HWH time living at home on home confinement. The decision was up to the HWH, with approval from the bop CCM. To qualify, I needed an approved home plan and job clearance. My HWH also required a minimum percentage of time spent living at the HWH, and reasonably clear conduct. My HWH accepted the USPO's approval of my home plan, but some others have posted that their HWH also performed their own home inspection. I also met "residents" who had completed RDAP who were also approved for HC, and it seemed to me that they had an easier time being allowed to live at home.

By the way, if you do have a job, and are paying the HWH 25% of your gross pay for "room & board", or whatever they call it, the payments continue while you are on HC, and only stop on your actual bop release date.
Awesome thank you very much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbsteel For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-16-2014), Here4Us (02-16-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 PM

Default HWH/homeconfinement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsteel View Post
Anyone who has completed the RDAP program recently maybe can answer this question. For the second phase which is 6 months halfway house. Has anyone spent any of those 6 months on home confinement? It says you can but was just wondering if anyone actually has. Thanks.
My daughter spent 2 months and 8 days of her 6 months in the hwh. She was home by her 10% date. We had to write a few letters to the head of the mid-atlantic region for that to happen, but that is the way it is supposed to happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matrock130 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-16-2014), jbsteel (02-16-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 11:40 AM

i completed the Rdap program at Beckley then halfway house at ashland. I spent about 6 weeks at the halfway house then home confinement. Hardest time i have done was doing the h-way house. I am finished with home confinement in march.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-18-2014)
Old 02-28-2014, 06:49 PM

How would someone go about requesting HC? Are their specific qualifications the inmate has to meet? or .....if someone can go into detail for someone like me who has no clue that was even possible. Thank you in advance
Old 03-01-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed817 View Post
How would someone go about requesting HC? Are their specific qualifications the inmate has to meet? or .....if someone can go into detail for someone like me who has no clue that was even possible. Thank you in advance
as soon as i got to h-way house, i started asking about home visits and home confinement. As a person who completed Radp, i think that it did help to get home quicker. Also following the rules and being back to the house on time from passes and job searches is important. when i went to home confinement, i didn't have a job but was looking every day. At my h-way house, you had to complete so many 3 hour, 12 hour and over night passes before you can apply for home confinement

My h-way house counselor did the paper work to get me approved for home confinement.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerryb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-01-2014), Here4Us (03-01-2014), mleib (03-04-2014)