Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

View Poll Results: Have you signed the Federal Prison Work Incentive Act?
Yes, I support it 100% 139 59.40%
No, don't care to 2 0.85%
Not sure what it is (please read below) 50 21.37%
I will now that I know it exist. Thank you 43 18.38%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonreformnow View Post
Not sure if I support it. I would have 2 months ago, but now. Maybe behind bars the entire time is best for some. However, I need to read the Bill. I would much rather a counseling, live change type work on ones self for discounted time as opposed to just labor work. People need to come out of prison a changed person with different thought processes, values and priorities if they went there quilty. Not a hater, just don't know where I stand on this issue yet, like I said, I need to read the Bill.

I respect your opinion. Yes, please read the bill. My fiance' has really changed. He haven't been getting into any trouble. He was 19 years old when he went to prison and now he's 29. He does deserve to get another chance to prove that he has grown into a man. Keeping a person in prison doesn't make them better. Like you mentioned, they need counseling and other rehabilitation.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 08:03 AM
mslady

Hello i was intersted in that law your talking about how will you know if they law is pasted. An do you know if there is a date that their suppose to review it. Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 AM
gj07

Quote:
Originally Posted by poni'swoman View Post
Probably a lot of people have signed already. This bill has been around for a while.
All I can say to this is go in and sign again. If you have already signed once it will probably not let you sign again. I know myself, unsure a lot of times with all the various petitions, I just sign anyway and it usually tells me if I have already signed. It doesn't take but a minute, so why not sign and be sure.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 AM
gj07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj07 View Post
All I can say to this is go in and sign again. If you have already signed once it will probably not let you sign again. I know myself, unsure a lot of times with all the various petitions, I just sign anyway and it usually tells me if I have already signed. It doesn't take but a minute, so why not sign and be sure.
Let me add another note to my statement above. Has everyone read Pamelalynw's comment under the thread "World Prison News" then thread "Senate Criminal Justice Reform Committee"? This concerns writing to Senator Jim Webb and offering him your ideas on this. A good article; read this too.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:26 PM

I'm all on it! I wrote, called and emailed the Assemblymen, Congressmen, Senators, I even wrote to the President! I'm praying progress is made and this helps inmates come home sooner!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Donation Award 

I have read and support the bill, thank you for your post informing people about this bill. It is perhaps selfish on my part but I know for a fact my guy would be much better on the streets than locked in a room 23 hours a day. He is going in the Fed SMU program, for the first four month, 23 hours in a cell, all you have in your bedding and the bible. I have no idea how that will 'rehabiliate' him.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post and doing your civic duty.
The Following User Says Thank You to patriotslover76 For This Useful Post:
khansgirl (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

[quote=MSLADY24;4895580]Hello i was intersted in that law your talking about how will you know if they law is pasted. An do you know if there is a date that their suppose to review it. Thanks[/quote

Well, when they do, the first indication to let you know, is the fact that your man will call you screaming, lol. You can follow that link this link to get the tracker and they will email you with any changes.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1475
Have you called the President and left your support with them? I posted that as well in big pink letters. Let's get it because Congress meet again on the 8th of Sept.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotslover76 View Post
I have read and support the bill, thank you for your post informing people about this bill. It is perhaps selfish on my part but I know for a fact my guy would be much better on the streets than locked in a room 23 hours a day. He is going in the Fed SMU program, for the first four month, 23 hours in a cell, all you have in your bedding and the bible. I have no idea how that will 'rehabiliate' him.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post and doing your civic duty.
You're NOT selfish at all. Thanks so very much for your support and tell your Boo what you have done and see that smile come across his face, "like man my baby loves me". I wish you all that blessings to come. One Love~~
Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywife19 View Post
I'm all on it! I wrote, called and emailed the Assemblymen, Congressmen, Senators, I even wrote to the President! I'm praying progress is made and this helps inmates come home sooner!

Thanks hun, you rock!!!!! God bless you and yours
Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSLADY24 View Post
Hello i was intersted in that law your talking about how will you know if they law is pasted. An do you know if there is a date that their suppose to review it. Thanks
Hey, please go to....
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1475
to track this law. They are meeting on the 8th of September to discuss this law and many others. We need to be praying hard on that day and everyday. Thanks for the support and please pass this on to other because we don't have long until they meet. Thanks again, you rock
Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 PM

I have just sent a message to the lawmakers in my state and signed the petition. Anything we can do to help our loved ones is critical to them and us!!
The Following User Says Thank You to scared4mom For This Useful Post:
khansgirl (08-31-2009)
Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 PM

Boy am I confused. Please forgive my ignorance but really new to this whole thing. My fiance's is in the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma city and is already getting time off his sentence for "good behavior". He was sentenced for 1 year in April of this year, official release date with the good time off is now Feb 17th. Going to half way house on Dec 18th. (just 3 months away).

Point is, as far as I know there already is time off for good behavior so what is this all about?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 AM

My husband is in county jail in CA, but I signed the petition - if I can help some other prisoner's wife the way you gals have helped me - I'm there!!!

"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMc For This Useful Post:
khansgirl (09-04-2009)
Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 AM

Hope it passes......... Have you try posting it on social networks like MY Space
The Following User Says Thank You to boti32 For This Useful Post:
khansgirl (09-04-2009)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneB View Post
Boy am I confused. Please forgive my ignorance but really new to this whole thing. My fiance's is in the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma city and is already getting time off his sentence for "good behavior". He was sentenced for 1 year in April of this year, official release date with the good time off is now Feb 17th. Going to half way house on Dec 18th. (just 3 months away).

Point is, as far as I know there already is time off for good behavior so what is this all about?
Hey, if you don't mind, please READ or FOLLOW the links that is posted within the link. Thank you. Have a great weekend
Old 09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMc View Post
My husband is in county jail in CA, but I signed the petition - if I can help some other prisoner's wife the way you gals have helped me - I'm there!!!
I appreciate your way of thinking. It shows that you have a heart and desire to help people no matter if it affects you or not. Some people on here thinking caps are sooooooo one tracked. Boy, this world is so full of people that only thinks of themselves and it's so sad. I pray and thank God that I have a desire to help someone. If someone asked me to support something dealing with the state prison system, I'd support it even though it has nothing to do with my man. They just don't know that same man or someone else they love might be in a situation that his ir her support could have prevented. That is wrong with the world right now. It's about me, me, me, me, and me!!!

"Don't toot your nose at the man that is hungry, for he himself might be the one that have to turn around and feed you one day"
Old 09-04-2009, 06:35 PM
His wife 4 life

I have signed it to i don,t know if it will help my man or not he is waiting to see how many years he will get with the feds. but if i can help some one else man i would love to help. we all need to pull together and help one an other.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:33 PM

I am doing the letter to Senator and US Representative tonight. Get him home sooner if at all possible, and get everyone home and out of BOP sooner.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mom of 1 in 15 For This Useful Post:
khansgirl (09-05-2009)
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM

I want to thank you for the link. I have been trying to find the right bill for two full days now.

I don't have anyone in prison, but am looking at the possibility of my going to prison at Dublin, CA women's pen.

I hope that my support helps!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Default Thanks...also sign the H.R.61 bill

What are you doing to try accomplish this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 1 in 15 View Post
I am doing the letter to Senator and US Representative tonight. Get him home sooner if at all possible, and get everyone home and out of BOP sooner.

VOTE and track the nonviolent offenders bill (H.R. 61 )
Old 09-12-2009, 12:38 AM

Default The next meeting of the House is Sep 14, 2009

Tracking H.R. 1475: Federal Prison Work Incentive Act of 2009.
The next meeting of the House is Sep 14, 2009

Old 09-12-2009, 12:51 AM

Default Caculator Forum??

I see you are very passionate about this, you are a great motivation for me. I love my man and he is blessed to have me as well. Thank you for the info aa well as direction. I will try to find the caculator and yes I did sign the bill.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Mrs.Delgadillo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khansgirl View Post
Thank you. Although you won't be needing the services, you can still support the law for other's. We should support each other regardless if there is a gain for us or not. You never know who you know or love will be in the system again and if this law is not in affect due to your lack of vote, then what? I'm not being nasty or anything, but we don't need to just think of ourselves.

I, sorry if I came off as thinking of my self girl!!!!
I wasnt sure if my vote would count!!!
Let me know how to do it! and again! Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM

Thumbs up

Yes, i signed the bill, and every one please sign the bill, even if your loved one is not in the fed's. Because at the end of the day every one wants there love 1 home. And if there is any thing i can do for county or state to get you love one closer to home, let me know. When my husband was 25 he got a bid for 10 years in the fed's. He will be 30 next month. These last 5 years have been killing me slowly. His date to get out says 2015. Every ones vote will count. Thanks:d:d
Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Wow, this is a very good idea. Although my husband will be there for 2-3 years, I will sign the petition to help others out!