Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 PM

Default What are your plans for when he comes home?

I've been moping around a little bit missing my baby like crazy so to cheer myself up I've decided that I'm going to start planning something we can do when he's finally home. I'm thinking that we are just going to go somewhere for a few days, away from everything. I want to surprise him with a little vacation so I've decided to get a second job and I'm just going to save up as much as I can. I am torn between Las Vegas, New York, Hilton Head. I love HH and he's never been. Just wondering if anyone else is planning or at least dreaming about doing something like this for their guys.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Almost Over...

Yes, I have so much running through my head about when he gets home. After all we only got 2 weeks together b4 he left! We will be a normal couple and hang out, I'm takin some time off so we can go away somewhere to just relax...We'll prolly just get a cabin somewhere, since I live next to WV that's easy! I guess I should gettin the house ready too...he'll be home b4 I know it!!! Too excited!!!

2007 Club member #46!

God, make this our perfect year!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

Dont care where we r at as long as there is no phones, and we are stranded

Old 07-25-2006, 04:58 PM

i've been dreaming about his "homecoming" since he went in a little over 3 months ago and he won't even be out for another 10 years!!! but i guess that means i'll be well-prepared! ok, my plans for when we come home is that i'll have saved up alot of vacation & sick time wherever i'm working and we'll go on a cruise to some island and relax, re-learn each other if you know what i mean! lol! i've already started a savings account specifically for our vacation so i know it'll be wonderful! 10 years to go, but i can't wait!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:58 PM

my only wishes/plans are to come home & stay inside 4 as long as possible. provided, many, many, many plans are in store for indoors.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Still Wifey

Default I have several plans

Okay, I haven't used an ounce of vacation time or sick time this year, so when he comes home (pray that he makes parole in January) I will have 160 hours vacation and 80 hours sick time to be used at my discretion. I want to have my dream wedding and honeymoon in a little town called Pine Mountain, GA. He read about it in a magazine and has been wanting to go there. Then I want to jet down to Miami, because we had planned to go there but then he got locked up, so he owes me the beach. Our only real vacation was in 1996 when we went to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta. I'm really focused on the first night that he comes home, I can picture a romantic night, with candles, a jacuzzi tub etc. What are your plans for his first night home?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:32 PM

We had a tiny 2 day vacation exactly 10 days before the trial started because we knew we might not get a chance if things turned out bad. We were right . But anyway, we just hung out in a hotel room, played cards, laughed and just spent the whole time being all lovey dovey and romantic. I'd like to do the same thing but for at least a week, if not longer. Even before all this stuff came up we always had some kind of problem to deal with between me being sick and everything. So hopefully we'll just be able to go off somewhere we haven't been together and just get away from everything we've had to think about really for the past 3 years. Its going to be our official start and hopefully we'll start planning our wedding and makin' a baby!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 PM
3 mnths and back again :(

Talking I'm always in my own little dream world with Bobby...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams/thinks/plans that day over and over in their minds .

I know his mom is planning on having a gathering probably at his Grandmothers place and I've promised him I would bring fireworks since he will miss them on Independence Day 2008 .

But I still haven't worked out exactly how to get him away from everyone for our own little private party .

Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM

My dream vacation would be to head out to the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. It would definitely be a nice getaway. Get away from the public and up into the moutains, stay in a log cabin, light the fire, sit in a jacuzzi, 24 hours out in the middle of nowhere (just me and him). I have already looked into two cabins that I would love to stay in (lol)

My only question here is....if their on parole can they even leave the state? Whatever the case, this is a dream that will be met one day!!!

Great thread!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Private party

Lots of interesting ideas going around.
Mine has never been to the beach but its 6 hours away. Who wants to travel 6 hours one way in a car when you could be using the time productively.
Okay- I tossed around several ideas, from renting a limo and making out in the back to renting a boat and going out on the lake for the day.
He said he liked cabins, so we will be hauled up in a cabing for at least 48 hours and boating if we feel like it. He doesn't think we will be outside at all.
His mom will be having a big party to which I am not invited so he could be home one week before WE get to spend any time together.
It will be romantic and I don't care if we just cuddle as we have time alone.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Amor vincit omnia

i love this topic! whenever i go visit my boyfriend, he'll ask me, so what are we going to do tonight? and we'll make up where we would go, what we do. sometimes we'll talk about what we're actually going to do when he gets out. he says the first thing he's going to do is go home and take a shower! lol! his family and i are planning a party for when he gets out, i know he'll want to see all of them and spend time with them. but after that, he's going home with me and i'm not letting him out of bed for at least a whole night and day! really though, whatever we do when he gets out, i will just be so happy to be able to hug him and kiss him and just BE with him, even if it's just hanging out!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:08 AM
His

the only thing i've really thought about is being able to hug him until i've squeezed the air out of him. i'm looking forward to waking up next to him and doing anything that involves us being in the same space. he has the most beautiful eyes and i can't wait to stare into them and telling him how much i love him.

as for plans to do something like movies or dinner, i've got none lol i just want to hold my baby
Old 07-26-2006, 06:29 AM
6 years strong <3

Well, I know one of the first things he wants to do (besides the obvious ) is go snowboarding with me for a few days. We both really love snowboarding and my family has a cute little house near the mountain with a fireplace and all, so it's pretty romantic... He said he just wants to chill and relax with me for a few days and let us be us... I've been dreaming of that vacation for a while... just got 3 1/2 more years to go!

Last edited by babygurl919; 07-26-2006 at 06:31 AM..
Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystify24
I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams/thinks/plans that day over and over in their minds .
There's some ideas I've been entertaining -- the bottom line ladies -- our men will be left feeling very welcome, very honored that he's got a down a$$ chick to come home to. That he's got a home to come to, period, where there's someone(s) there who's excited about him coming/returning there!! :love: So to set it off with some type of something -- cheers ladies to that day to come!!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:50 AM

Since we are getting married soon after he comes home, I wanted to go on a cruise to the Carribeans for the honeymoon but because of the passport law effective 01/01/07, I won't be able to him a passport (no one knows how he can get one while in prison do ya?) and the travel agency recommended I wait til I get married to apply for a passport in my married name so I guess I better get back to the drawing board for some more ideas and plans.

Keeping the faith once again when dealing with MDOC
Old 07-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Becoming a regular...

I have no idea, really, if we'll be together...been debating alot of things in my head, lately....But because I like this topic, I'll say we're together...

I want to cook for him (that's my thing)
He'll need a nice home cooked meal. Then he'll get an incredible massage. Then me for dessert!

Okay, then, the next night can be all about pleasing me!

I've been keeping a journal for him to read, later on, if he chooses. Some mudane things..like shopped for new towels, etc..been then, some deep thoughts (especially lately.)
It started out to keep in involved as my preganancy progressed, but since my miscarriage, I've decided to keep the journal going anyway. I feel connected to him when I write and have been unable to speak with him.

"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Shannon

Old 07-26-2006, 02:36 PM
My husband is home....

I want to take him away someplace that we have never been. In Calif. ofcourse. No phones, no interruptions. It will be winter so I will plan a very romantic get a way in a cozy Bed & Breakfast. Nothing to fancy, just the 2 of us!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I love Rex & my babies

Smile

I would love to save $$ and go on a cruise with my hubby when he is released....doesnt have to be a long one....but I think it would be nice for us to get away for a few days and just enjoy one another. We never got a honeymoon so he says when he gets out we will have one....his idea he keeps pointing out to me in letters is for us to leave for a week, go up to Oregon (he wants to move up there) and stay at a nice hotel....drive down PCH highway for like a week and just stay at some nice places, eat at some restaurants...lol.....I dunno hes got a lot planned I guess!

Rex discharged from parole in June of 2008
Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 PM
My TrUe LoVe

I was thinking about something special seeing as though he gets out a day AFTER his 21st birthday..( real messed up right).... but when he gets out our son will be 8 monthes old so theres no real way of us getting away.