Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo Topic and discussion specific to CMC Ė California Menís Colony Prison in San Luis Obispo, California.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:43 PM
God is Love

Smile Hoping my husband gets sent to SLO....

Hello! My husband is currently at Wasco State Prison waiting to be transferred. We are from Santa Barbara and I would love for him to be placed at SLO so he would be somewhat nearby. I have already mailed my husbands counselor there are Wasco a formal letter requesting that he be sent to SLO and I stated my reasons why; one of the reasons being that I care for my ill grandmother full time and it would be a hardship for me to have to drive too far to see my husband.
Aside from what I've done already, is there anything I can do in addition to help his chances of getting sent to SLO?
My husband hasn't even had his first meeting with his counselor, so I know we have some time yet.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Miss my KiNg

Not sure if the letter will help or not.. have not known anyone to get transferred closer to home due to medical reasons personally. I have heard it doesn't matter they will send him where there is space. It would be nice to know they are compassionate and care to have them closer to home for this reason. But that is just how CDCr works they do what they want, when they want.

Good luck!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:03 PM

It doesn't hurt to write a letter but they will send him to where ever they have space. CMC is a country club for CDC inmates. Especially West. If he is a level 3 inmate then he will go to East.

If they send him to another prison, he will have an annual meeting with prison officals. They will review his behavior in prison. If he had any write ups etc, if he worked in prison or went to school. They will ask him if he wants to be transfered to another prison. He can request CMC. He has a much better chance of getting CMC at his yearly review. He will probably get CMC then.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
God is Love

Thank you so much. I'm hoping they send him to SLO. He has a perfect record, well until now, first time offender...took a plea deal to avoid deportation. He has been in Wasco for a little over a month now.