Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:28 AM

Default Dating someone who is also on supervised release.

I just wanted to share me and my girlfriend experience with y'all.

I met my girlfriend when I was in the HWH.

We didn't date when I was there but as I was leaving decided that we wanted to.

What we did..........

First off I want to point out that both of us was 100% compliant with both the rules of are halfway house and the rules of our probation.

The possess we went through was:

1. We asked both of our PO's for permission to have contact with each over text and phone as I had moved 500 miles away. We told them that our intention was to date.

Then after we got permission we spoke to both of our counselors, caseworkers, case managers, therapist, psychiatrist, and every single person who was involved in either one of our programs. We spoke 100% honestly about each other's issues and backgrounds as well as what steps we wanted to take to have a healthy relationship with each other.

We were constantly reminded that the chances of us being able to live with each other after my girlfriend released from the halfway house was very slim and we expressed that we were willing to accept that if need be.

Then our PO's spoke to each other and decided it was worth there time to submit our request to their respective supervisors.

Once we had permission of the supervisors to move forward, both of our PO's submitted requests to our respective judges to have are conditions modified to specify that the two of us work able to have contact with each other.

My judge specified that she was willing to Grant request under the condition that if either of one of us look like we were starting to mess up that permission would be rescinded.

After that a formal transfer request for my girlfriend was submitted and granted.

I then put in a request for a travel permit so that I could go back to the halfway house on her release date and pick her up to bring her home and it was also granted.

We are now living together both on supervised release and are doing very well.

I wanted to share this so that people would know that when you do everything right and you do not hide anything from your PO, when you cross all your t's. All your eyes and follow the proper procedure things like this can and do happen. Although I will say that it may not always happen but don't let that keep you from trying to do things the right way.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jones20992 For This Useful Post:
DanielsWyf (03-26-2018), fbopnomore (03-25-2018), Kimimi (03-26-2018), Ms Sunny (03-25-2018), nimuay (03-25-2018), patchouli (03-25-2018), Sarianna (03-26-2018), xolady (03-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2018, 01:03 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,357 Times in 14,861 Posts

Excellent advice!! Thanks so much for sharing your story....The steps you've outlined above will be very helpful for other members going through the same thing

Congratulations to you both

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-25-2018), Sarianna (03-26-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,983 Times in 11,677 Posts

I'm glad it worked out well for both of you.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:53 PM

Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,036 Posts

I myself a million years ago got arrested with a guy I was living with. We both had same PO. We were both successful with everything and it worked great. I wasn't moving and either was he. But I know in retrospect that PO was just waiting to bust me or him for anything I finally asked to get a new one, I was denied. I finally decided to move and bought a house out of his area. My boyfriend at the time moved in with his brother my new PO didn't give a damn what I did as it was more of a hassle for her to come to my house. It was only two years but it felt like a thousand. I'd now sit in jail for years rather then take probation. Back then I could handle the BS, now I'd be on the 6pm NEWS!!!

Last edited by xolady; 03-25-2018 at 06:55 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-26-2018), Sarianna (03-26-2018)