Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:43 AM
Donation Award 

Default Federal probation conditions? Home visits? Monitored mail & phone calls?

After involving lawyers it seems the new office in CA could approve his stay (he has been working for 3 months almost and is renting a room with decent people) but only under conditions, such as checking his living conditions out and tapping / monitoring my LO calls, mails, etc.
This may have been mentioned somewhere in here, I could not find a Q&A on such rules. The place he is staying has been quiet, safe, and staying with very nice people, a real change, and he is afraid the checking at any given time of day or night, frequency, could jeopardize his living agreement there. Although he only rents a room and has limited access to the rest of the house. Any rules or ideas what happens during these "visits"?
I'm sure someone will come here and tell me they can do anything they want... but other than that any handbook for this federal probation conditions ?
Thanks for taking the time to read me.
The Following User Says Thank You to arunabosphora For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-27-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 07:34 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,983 Times in 11,677 Posts

The US Probation's offender supervision manual, was removed from the federal public defender's web page, but I found it here,
http://www.wyp.uscourts.gov/docs/off...anual_3-12.pdf

I had a monitored computer while on SR in Seattle, but it wasn't a problem. I made the mistake of following a link that took me to a facebook page, and I received a phone call from my PO about it. I have no idea how they would set up monitoring of phone calls/mail, etc.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,983 Times in 11,677 Posts

A couple more thoughts: If his PO does anything that is contrary to the supervision manual, have the lawyer handle it instead of him. POs are more likely to correct their mistakes (especially if they were done deliberately) if they are called on them by a lawyer.

One tool the PO has to confirm compliance with his SR restrictions is the polygraph/lie detector test. I was ordered to take two of them, my total cost $800.00. The main question was "did you ever, even once; followed by each of my restrictions, one at a time".

My biggest complaint about SR was that the POs acted as if my money was their money, for mandatory classes and polygraphs. "Yes sir/ma am" is the only acceptable answer I'm afraid.