Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Donation Award 

Can the FLU make you pay more than the Judge ordered in the J&C? Mine says $50/month. Can Probation make you pay more while on SR?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM

I have the department of labor involved, but I figured the same thing.... Just pay what they want till Im off paper. They are going to investigate my US atty office, and mentioned me getting paid back for the overages. Assholes can get a little of what they dish out. I cant wait to have the upper hand, but Ill have patience for now.... Your take was exactly the same as mine. They arent ging to be happy when their entire office is being investigated by another government agency. My D.O.L. agent is shocked that they are doing this, and sounds very gungho to move forward.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 AM

Question

I have a question that's been bugging the shit out of me maybe someone can help me? Back in 2004 i got sentenced to 36 months fed time, 3 yrs supervised release and a $200,000 restitution fee. I finished my supervised release like 2 yrs ago and i stopped making my monthly payments which was supposed to be $50 a month. Haven't heard nothing from anybody no mail or nothing about it . I checked my credit report a month ago and under inquiries was ( CBS/US ATTY/MARYLAND ) my case was in Baltimore M.D . Why were they checking my credit report?are they planning something?looking for me maybe? Where i live at now, nobody knows i don't get any mail here or nothing so it would be kind of hard for them to find me if they were looking for me that's why it has me bugging out .I really appreciate any help thank u for your time. P.s : also i have a new Mercedes financed on my name so i know they probably didn't like to see that in my credit report lol ,, oh yea and also what does CBS mean in CBS/US ATTY/MARYLAND ?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 AM

At this time all they can do is put a lien on you so you have to be careful what is in your name
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 PM

If you are married can they mess with our house or vehicles if they are in my husbands name? Plus my ex boss is filing a civil suit through the county to try and recover money from the cc company and bank.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClerk View Post
I am in the middle of a 3 year SR period. I have a restitution amount of $2.5 - I know - crazy stuff. Obviously there is no way that I will ever be able to pay this amount. I am currently paying the $500 per month court ordered amount, and all of my assets have been liquidated. I own nothing, have nothing - except a weekly paycheck and a retirement account. Which brings me to my reason for posting - can the Government seize a retirement account and apply the proceeds toward restitution? Additionally, are felons eligible receive social security payments? Any information would be very helpful.....
Not sure if you're still looking for info here, but US Atty's office seized my IRA this summer. :-(
Old 01-25-2016, 11:00 PM

I'm bring this forum alive! I got a question. My probation is about to end in a few months. My restitution amount is to cover my FPD fees. Question, what is the step by step process of transferring from the PO to FLU?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:03 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,519 Times in 11,451 Posts

Ask your PO what will happen to your remaining restitution when you are released from SR.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Donation Award 

Default I read this and still unclear . Is my house up for grabs

Still sweating it, but guess I have done all i can ... CA is very very tough . If there is an asset attorney that could help, I would hire one, but they recently told me if it were not "done" two years prior to arrest , then , they could construe it as "hiding assets" . I had no idea . It was the PO dept that recommended the high restitution. The "victims" are actually being supported and are dependents very sticky unusual situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Ask your PO what will happen to your remaining restitution when you are released from SR.
The Following User Says Thank You to TLC2 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-29-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:10 PM

If you are paying your monthly restitution, can the FLU still put a lien on your property?
Old 07-29-2016, 09:04 AM

We were told within the last month by our attorney and FPU that yes they can.
The Following User Says Thank You to priceam For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-29-2016)