Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW HAMPSHIRE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW HAMPSHIRE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Hampshire - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 11-02-2016, 01:20 AM

Unhappy All the way from CALI

My Man and I met years ago and got hooked up again recently while he was doing Federal time out here in California was due to get out in May 2017 all seemed good we have a Wonderful first visit and BAM the following week they released him but to County custody to go back home to NH for a Warrant from 1995 after doing 3 years more of a 13 year Federal sentence. UGGG
Well we had three weeks of County glass visits and tonight I got the Dreaded call he's be Transported back home all the way across the country, I knew it was coming but part of me hoped they'd forget about him here and let him go to come HOME to Cali where we need to be.

Okay so people out there, give me the details and low down on NH Prison system and Concord ? R&D time , can he call, write or visiting?
How long does it take to get approved. Already have a trip to NY for Thanksgiving week for work!

Suggestions ?

Thanks,
My Heart was take temporarily thousands of miles away. :'(
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2016, 06:59 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,506 Times in 13,748 Posts

I hate to hear that he was moved all the way from Cali to NH How long will he be in NH?

I'm glad you're (hopefully) going to get a visit in a few weeks and I wish I could answer your question about approval...here is the NHDOC visitation page:

3. Visiting an inmate
- Visiting Policy http://www.nh.gov/nhdoc/images/pdftrans.gifVisiting is a privilege. Inmates are authorized two visits weekly between Sunday and Saturday. Visits from attorneys, clergy, or other "official" visitors are not counted against this quota. All visitors must be approved by New Hampshire Department of Corrections staff. Inmates will be authorized an unlimited number of family members on their visiting lists. All visitors will undergo a criminal background check prior to approval.
  • Inmates must request that a prospective visitor be placed on his/her list. All visitors must fill out a visitor's application and send it directly to the inmate.
  • Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an approved adult family member or other legal guardian on the inmate's visiting list.
  • Inmates must provide the visitor's full name, address, phone number, date of birth, and identifying number (driver's license, military ID, non-driver ID). The inmate must certify that no court or parole board has ordered the inmate to refrain from contact with the prospective visitor. This process takes approximately 3 weeks.
  • The application for an individual visitor can be obtained on page 18 of the above visiting policy.
  • The application for an "official" visitor can be found on pages 16-17 of the above listed policy.
  • The Department enforces a dress code for visitors.

Inmates in the Reception & Diagnostic (R&D) Unit get one visit per week after they are medically cleared and until such time as they receive a permanent housing assignment. Visiting hours are available by clicking on the links below.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Cactus (12-04-2016), Woodys#1Lady (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 09:47 AM

Yeah we just recently met back up a few months ago while he was in a federal prison out here and then he got moved to the county jail. A lot has blossomed in that short amount of time.

We're not sure how much time they will give him because it's from a charge from 1995 and his co-crimey never got any time for it 13 years in the federal system of which three were overridden extra time I guess you would say. So we're hoping they will take some of that into consideration three years is a lot of time. But I guess they look at it once you did 10 and whats three more right?!

Thank you for the information just praying he gets back safe and sound and is able to call and get a visiting form sent out to me like ASAP
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodys#1Lady For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 09:48 AM

Also are they able to call and visit during R&D??
Old 11-02-2016, 09:51 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
All visitors must fill out a visitor's application and send it directly to the inmate.
Quote:
The application for an individual visitor can be obtained on page 18 of the above visiting policy.
Print off the visit app, fill it out and mail it to him, per the NH DOC info I posted above

Old 11-02-2016, 09:56 AM

Default Visiting Form

So I can actually send it in now ?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:04 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady View Post
So I can actually send it in now ?
That's how I interpreted the NH DOC policy

As for the phones, I just read their phone policy and it looks like he has to add you to his list.

7. Phoning an inmate
- Phone Policy http://www.nh.gov/nhdoc/images/pdftrans.gifTelephone calls are a privilege. Inmates can call you collect. The recipient will be charged a connection fee as well as a per-minute fee. The proceeds benefit the inmate recreation fund. Inmates can have up to twenty (20) individuals on their calling list. Inmates can estbalish pre-parid accounts or debit accounts but cannot have pre-paid calling cards or cellphones in their property. To be removed from an inmate's calling list please contact the institution.

To establish a Pre-paid account call 1-888-506-8407
To establish a Debit account please call 1-888-888-8413
Frequently Asked Questions about the Inmate Phones
Any questions pertaining to pertaining to billing for inmate phone services provided by I-C-S must be referred to 1-888-506-8407

Old 11-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Only problem is I don't have his Inmate # and hes in transit now....?
Old 11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

If what sent him back is a warrant, is it for charges he hasn't been to court for? If so, wouldn't they send him to the county facility in the county that issued the warrant?

If the warrant is for parole violations and he has shelf time in NH, he should have a DOC number.

Check VINELink and see if there is a NH DOC # listed.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Cactus (12-04-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 11:47 AM

Default True

That is True, I think he's been seen before on it but I'm not so sure. I hate this and he's already gone so I don't know or which county it would be. I wonder how I find out what county calling procedures are or the company too?
Old 12-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,117 Posts
Default R&D

R&D was the toughest time I spent between Strafford County jail and NHP. Sometimes we were allowed to walk to the chow hall and other times we were made to eat that awful chow in our cells. Concord prison really sux and is extremely old, period.

I transferred out of that hell-hole and spent my time north in Berlin. The food is not that much better, but the programs were (at the time) easier to get into. All inmates are required to fulfill the court ordered DOC programs in order to get out early on parole (there are no "good time" allowances).

R&D phone calls really suck!!! They are expensive and way too short to express love and concern. The waiting list was long and difficult to transfer out from. I truly know how hard this must be for the both of you... But oh God now here I go!!!

Write, write and write again...that's my best advice to you! There is nothing greater behind that wall than to hear one’s own name called at mail-call. Writing to him on a regular basis will help you stay connected with each other. It will also give him something to focus on besides the politics behind that wall. This is an important message for me to share to you. I cannot express enough about its importance.

There's always something to write about! Today, we as a society depend too much on instant communication, so much so that we've forgotten how to write. It has been said that putting pen to paper is like an ice cube on a hot stove. Just like the ice, words will tend to flow on their own and in their own direction.

Much like a daily journal, share everything about you and the family every day. You both need that contact & reassurance and remember too that he will read and re-read every letter ever day!

That to me beats anything that could be offered or said by phone (which is too expensive) or at visits (which are too short).

And in my opinion receiving letters from family and loved-ones on a continued basis will help keep him from being institutionalized without hope.

JMOpinion...
Cactus~
The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:
Woodys#1Lady (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 07:00 PM

Default Thank you so much

I have been writing and plan to write a lot more. I have about 5 pages saved up that he wanted to wait for them once he got there. He is at the State Prison at Concord now got there the 1st. waiting to be seen has been able to call a couple times on other guys time but not for long. Still waiting for a pin number to call and etc. Thank you again for the concern and advise Means a lot. How long you been out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
R&D was the toughest time I spent between Strafford County jail and NHP. Sometimes we were allowed to walk to the chow hall and other times we were made to eat that awful chow in our cells. Concord prison really sux and is extremely old, period.

I transferred out of that hell-hole and spent my time north in Berlin. The food is not that much better, but the programs were (at the time) easier to get into. All inmates are required to fulfill the court ordered DOC programs in order to get out early on parole (there are no "good time" allowances).

R&D phone calls really suck!!! They are expensive and way too short to express love and concern. The waiting list was long and difficult to transfer out from. I truly know how hard this must be for the both of you... But oh God now here I go!!!

Write, write and write again...that's my best advice to you! There is nothing greater behind that wall than to hear one’s own name called at mail-call. Writing to him on a regular basis will help you stay connected with each other. It will also give him something to focus on besides the politics behind that wall. This is an important message for me to share to you. I cannot express enough about its importance.

There's always something to write about! Today, we as a society depend too much on instant communication, so much so that we've forgotten how to write. It has been said that putting pen to paper is like an ice cube on a hot stove. Just like the ice, words will tend to flow on their own and in their own direction.

Much like a daily journal, share everything about you and the family every day. You both need that contact & reassurance and remember too that he will read and re-read every letter ever day!

That to me beats anything that could be offered or said by phone (which is too expensive) or at visits (which are too short).

And in my opinion receiving letters from family and loved-ones on a continued basis will help keep him from being institutionalized without hope.

JMOpinion...
Cactus~
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodys#1Lady For This Useful Post:
Cactus (12-16-2016)
Old 09-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Ok I guess he is at Northern NH State is that Berlin?
Where is their visiting information