Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Minnesota.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Default questoin

what is sts and how does it work for chippewa county? you can also pm me?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2005, 07:26 PM

STS in Chippewa County will not effect your going to Saint Cloud. You most likely will not be allowed to go on STS since you are a state commit and STS is a county Thing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Chippewa STS is where they let out certain county individuals go out and work off their Community Service while they are in Jail. They get credit for every two days they work they get one day removed from their sentence.

Frozen
Old 07-20-2005, 08:23 PM

so if i only get county time im eligble for sts? if eligble for sts its like huber and whats the process when i go for sts in the mrning and come back? i got court tomorrow at 2:30pm and plan at leaving at 6am.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:08 AM

Default court

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM29
so if i only get county time im eligble for sts? if eligble for sts its like huber and whats the process when i go for sts in the mrning and come back? i got court tomorrow at 2:30pm and plan at leaving at 6am.
court went the same just i have to notify the court in lacqui pare cty my new address within 10 days when i move because they got jurisdiction and so i will get extridited to serve time in that county.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM29
court went the same just i have to notify the court in lacqui pare cty my new address within 10 days when i move because they got jurisdiction and so i will get extridited to serve time in that county.

First and Foremost once again we need to re establish what is going on with you. Are you going to Prison or County Jail? Because there is a big difference. From this last post it seems to me that you are just going to county jail. If this is the case, I can't help you to much and you should ask your question in the MN Forum as a new thread. This Thread is specifically and only for questions about if you are going to The Minnesota Correctional Facility at Saint Cloud for Orientation and if you have questions about that.

Thank You

Frozen
Old 03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Lost in the MNDOC System

Frozen,

Im wondering if i know you or not from either St. Cloud or Stillwater? What is your real name. You can PM me or respond to this.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 PM

Hi, my son is in a county jail, if they find him guilt of credit card fraud, where is the first prison they will send him to. and how much time will he get.
also, he is from another state. so when he is done with in prison will he have to stay in MN on parole. do other prisoners treat other prisoners from other states alright? boston mother
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 PM

Default what is the prison system procedure MN

HI EVERYONE
my son is in a county jail, if they find him guilty of credit card fraud, where is the first prison they will send him to. and how much time will he get.
also, he is from another state. so when he is done with that prison will he have to stay in MN on parole.
do other prisoners treat other prisoners from other states alright? boston mother
Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 AM

Default reply

what county jail is he in and have you read any of the posts that follow your questions? the first prison he would go to would be in st.cloud for orienation/reception after being tansfered from county jail. i dont know how much time he will get and he might be able to transfer his case to his own state by requestng it. he will stay at st.cloud or be transferred to another prison. for the last question all inmates are to treat each other with respect.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Donation Award 

Default Money to St. Cloud?

Hey.. me again! Can you tell me the best and easiest way to send money to my son when he gets transferred to St. Cloud in March? I've heard of a way you can do it online and put it on a credit card. Thanks!! Sad Mom in MN

"The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated." ~Washington Irving
Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 PM

Hi, Ive never heard of the online thing here in minnesota. I do know that all money orders have to be sent to MCF moose lake now.

Let me try to track down some information on that online money thing and i'll get back to you or if anyone else knows can you please chip in a little information here.

Thanks everyone

Frozen
Old 03-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Donation Award 

Default More info.

Hi again... the online money transfer I think is only for county jail. For prison I think I'll still have to go through Moose Lake. Thanks for checking though! MN Mama

"The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated." ~Washington Irving
Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM
mary77

when the application is process it good for all doc prisions
Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM

My son is in St Cloud. He doesn't have many complaints except they"lost" his canteen money, He got charged 3x's the rate for calling long distance, and some of the inmates act too stupid to even be around. They take this as a joke and an invitation to be cruel to anyone who just wants to do his time without causing trouble. Probably the same everywhere. He does have a wonderful caseworker who has really been fighting for him in alot of different areas. Unfortunately the Head of the DOC knows my son personally, through his son, so my son gets denied everything he applies for. People with power shouldn't have criminal sons who get away with it because of who their dad is.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:16 PM

Of all the prisons I have had the "good fortune" to visit, St Cloud is the one that they treat visitors the most human. They are friendly & helpful. Good thing because the place is so intimidating in its gothic midevil castle form Place is so ugly, first time you don't even want to walk in, but the guards usually are cheery and do their best to make you feel better if you look uncomfortable. The one's with the guys are lazy jerks son says.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Donation Award 

The people working at Moose Lake are very cordial and respectful also. They make visiting there much more relaxed and comfortable.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM

I just wanted to add that my husband is in Saint Cloud and they do have phone cards, Don't know if that matters or not just thought that i would post for info in case someone wants to know.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM

You can also print a visiting application off the Minnesota DOC website. That is where I got mine so as soon as he got there I could send it in and not have to wait for him to mail it to me.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:44 PM

You can do money either by western union or by sending certified check or money order to Moose Lake to get more information on this they have complete instructions on how to do it on the Minnesota DOC website. You should read it, they are really strict, if you don't do it the way that they tell you it gets sent back to you
Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM

I need to know if there is anything that i can do for my husband who is in saint cloud he got a really unfair sentence 15 yrs for 7 3rd degree burglaries. When someone else got 2 years for 27 burglaries cuz they ran his concurrent and he had a past record. they did my husbands cosecutive one after another, because his dad told the police he broke into the prosecutors house we wrote alot of letters and got a detective in trouble, they were doing alot of things wrong and we tried as hard as we could but no one cared.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:57 PM

oh at the same time they sentenced another person with 3rd degree burglaries, ( I don't know how many but it was more than 3) and he talked to my husband who has a problem with prescription pain killers and kolonopin and before my husband got to go to court and say that the person used that in his own defense and because of that only got probation.
On another one that was at the same time (people were flipping over this in the local paper where you can write comments, a guy stabbed his girlfriend over 20 times, she almost died but didn't, he got 8 yrs. Who in the world would think that was fair???? My husband has never been violent or had a violent charge. He did this to her after her caught her cheating with someone in the government up here, I think with city hall or something, I am not completely sure but after that happened he had to resign.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
da mama

Here I am.......my first born, 33 yrs old, finally screwed up enough. At sentencing, the judge said my boy had been through court 44 times since he turned 18. Also stated was the fact that they (prosecution, probation & judge)can see that in the past 1 1/2 yr. he has cleaned up, and they had never seen him look so good! To bad he got a DWI, and fled/escaped. Yes, in & out of the system has saved his life...he was a meth addict. With the point system here in Mn, he got to his limit and got sentenced to 17 months, with 88 days credit. He insists the DOC has his out date incorrect. How is it figured out, I know about the 2/3 thingy, but still can't figure it out. He was incarcerated 2/19/08 and sent to St. Cloud on the 28th. What a joy ride this has been! First off, the neighber can recieve collect calls from him, but I can't. So I set up an account with Global tel Link. Then yesterday we go to visit, I got the directions from Map Quest. A 3 1/2 hour drive took 5. I had read the visiting rules on line, & thought I knew them. His pregnant girlfriend wore a hooded sweat shirt. BIG NO-NO. They relented and she had to tuck the hood inside. I set off the metal detector. Thought it was the rod in my leg......but NOOOOO. It was the wire in my bra. (other wise my ant hills flop like cropies!) They were accomodating though, and gave me a dull pair of toe nail clippers to cut the under-wire out. I just took the damn thing off. Then lost a quarter in the locker, couldn't figure out how to work it! Now, in order it visit again, I will need a doctors excuse for the rod in my leg. The ride home, with new directions, did only take 3 1/2 hours! Total time to see my baby, with only one hour of visit time was 10 1/2 hours. And $150 in gas. With such a short sentence, we were hoping, againts hope, that he would stay in Duluth jail or be sent to NERC. He is only allowed out of his cell for one hour a day, but how comforting to know, he does not have AIDS, hepatitus or gonorrhea! I had been told that a full cavity search is done after visits, so I told him to tell the guard to use two fingers, always good to have a second opinion! So that's the back ground, now how do we get the right out date and where is the Mn forum........thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:44 AM

I can help you figure out his release date but I will need some information.

17 month sentence.
Incarcerated 2-19-08 St Cloud on 2-28-08 GOT THAT
88 days credit Got IT

17 months you serve

12 months 20 days.
-88 days credit
9 months 22 days

So Im not sure if they included the time he went from St cloud or this last time he was in jail for credit. So it will be on or around one of these two days +/- 1 day for Leap Year.

If they used 2-19-08 his release date would be 12-9-2008
If they use 2-28-08 his release date would be 12-18-2008
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Chavas girl

They really do a full cavity search after each visit in St. Cloud? I had no idea. I thought it would have been more of a pat down or something like that. I mean, really now, the visits are highly monitored and we can't even hold hands or anything so why the full cavity search?
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavas girl View Post
They really do a full cavity search after each visit in St. Cloud? I had no idea. I thought it would have been more of a pat down or something like that. I mean, really now, the visits are highly monitored and we can't even hold hands or anything so why the full cavity search?
No, they only do a full strip search. The guards have you strip down completely naked, then they have you do what I called "the dance" while they search your clothing and shoes. This means that they'd have you show them the inside of your mouth, then lift your genitals, then spin around, show them the bottoms of your feet, and last but not least... bend over and spread 'em. The spreading part seems to be optional, though. Some guards require it, while other guards would rather not have to look there. (Always appreciated getting to skip that part.)

They never do a "cavity" search, unless they suspect you of smuggling drugs, and then they have to have a doctor or nurse present. For legal reasons, they aren't allowed to search inside your body without a medical professional.