Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Default Why send him to Community Based Correctional as sanction for violation?

Well today my hubby had his prc violation hearing. His PO was talking about giving him 90 days and then when he went in front of them the PO switched up and suggested that he go to a community based correctional facility for 6 months. They have to evaluate him and in 2 weeks he will know the outcome. He doesn't want to go, from what he is hearing its worse in there then it is in prison. He already did 12 mandatory years so he did his whole sentence and not just part of it. Why would they send him there instead of doing the 90 days and then send him to a half way house? Can he fight it? I can see where he is coming from, I wouldn't want to do it..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 PM

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMindi View Post
Well today my hubby had his prc violation hearing. His PO was talking about giving him 90 days and then when he went in front of them the PO switched up and suggested that he go to a community based correctional facility for 6 months. They have to evaluate him and in 2 weeks he will know the outcome. He doesn't want to go, from what he is hearing its worse in there then it is in prison. He already did 12 mandatory years so he did his whole sentence and not just part of it. Why would they send him there instead of doing the 90 days and then send him to a half way house? Can he fight it? I can see where he is coming from, I wouldn't want to do it..
Does this facility do a medical evaluation? He may need one.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 PM

No from what I read it doesn't.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 PM

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,633 Posts

Are there transitional services offered? How much time on parole does he have to serve out?