Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of South Carolina.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:14 PM

Default What are the names of the different dorms in Kershaw Institution?

I just wanted to know if anyone may know about or or the names of the different dorms in kershaw institution that’s out in lershaw, South Carolina? My loved one when I look ups the dorm since they were moved it says now “OA” abbreviation isk what that is and I still haven’t been able to get contact with them for months please could anyone help me out with info on this thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,303 Times in 12,852 Posts

I moved your question to the South Carolina forums for better answers.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I moved your question to the South Carolina forums for better answers.
Thank u that exactly what I wanted but I didn’t know how I noticed after I posted that I posted in wrong forum is there a way to do that myself or to delete a post ?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,117 Times in 3,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny91 View Post
Thank u that exactly what I wanted but I didn’t know how I noticed after I posted that I posted in wrong forum is there a way to do that myself or to delete a post ?

No, sorry. You can't move or delete a post.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:26 AM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,560 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
I just wanted to know if anyone may know about or or the names of the different dorms in kershaw institution that’s out in lershaw, South Carolina? My loved one when I look ups the dorm since they were moved it says now “OA” abbreviation isk what that is and I still haven’t been able to get contact with them for months please could anyone help me out with info on this thank you
If I remember correctly, at Kershaw O= Oak and that's the A wing. They are one of the last facilities to use names for dorms instead of letters that many now go by.
Denny91 (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
If I remember correctly, at Kershaw O= Oak and that's the A wing. They are one of the last facilities to use names for dorms instead of letters that many now go by.
Oh thank you that makes sense with the abbreviation now that you say that. Would you know about the dorm what are type of inmates are housed there ? Is it like a open pop are they usually higher level inmates In There etc?
Old 12-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,560 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Oh thank you that makes sense with the abbreviation now that you say that. Would you know about the dorm what are type of inmates are housed there ? Is it like a open pop are they usually higher level inmates In There etc?
With the current situation, many offenders aren't grouped based on classification anymore. During the past three years, level 1 offenders have been housed at level 2 institutions like Kershaw, and so forth.
Denny91 (12-15-2018)