Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:04 AM

Default Pay GTL through Western Union?

Anyone had any luck paying their GTL connect network phone account through western union? What comes up on WU is Direct Remit GTL and the WU lady doesn't know if that is the correct one to try. GTL's website still references forms that WU no longer uses. Can't get GTL to answer phone to confirm that Direct Remit GTL is the correct one to use.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 12:21 PM

I use WU online to add funds to my advance pay account with GTL...is that what you're trying to do?
The Following User Says Thank You to frona For This Useful Post:
Leighsfriend (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 12:29 PM

Nope, trying to use cash at a WU location. Do you use the Direct Remit GTL listing on WU? Tried that yesterday and not sure what account number they need. Tried my phone number and her prison number without success. Looked all over the connectnetwork.com webpage for my account number without any success. She's running out of phone time and getting cranky!!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM

I've only used WU online. And it's under pay bills and then Global Tel Link Advpay to top up my advance pay number. My phone number is my account number doing it that way. No experience doing it with cash at a WU, sorry. And I've only used the option through connectnetwork to top up his pin debit by credit card..but then he phones everyone all day long and burns through the money so I tend to use the advance pay option so he can't do that!
The Following User Says Thank You to frona For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:05 PM

I usually do her pin debit so she can call her mom without it costing her mom anything. She's probably calling her ex through it also but I don't think it's too much because it takes a while for it to run out and she calls me a lot. We use the advance pay as a back up when the pin runs out. Thanks for the Global Tel Link address. I'll try that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leighsfriend For This Useful Post:
frona (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 02:49 PM

The Global Tel Link worked for me. THANKS!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leighsfriend For This Useful Post:
frona (05-22-2018), Sarianna (05-23-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 12:14 AM

Ladies, does anyone receive calls to a land line through GTL?? I used to have a collect account, which meant inwas able to receive calls all month as many times as i wanted as long as i didnt go over 175 buks a month and my phone provider would bill me at the end of the month. Well know global tel link is yalking about that theres only a 20 dollar limit per month. Which is a lil over 1 hr phone call and since i went over they restricted my calls and are trying to switch my land line to a pre paid account. Meaning they want payment upfront before accepting call.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?