Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Default Don't talk to the police

[quote=lil_athena;quote]

i have to...my daughter and her father are both po pos. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to JoyJoan For This Useful Post:
Tuesday123 (09-29-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2011, 10:18 PM
aseerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by USarmyFL View Post
That does not work anymore, if you do not play the game, you get screwed.. Watch the news lately? Ohh say, in the last 5-10 years?

us
agreed. the stakes are high and with decades of experience and research in psychological manipulation they get what they want; and if they don't, it doesn't take much to slap an 'uncooperative' witness or suspect with everything under the sun.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

They will screw with lawyers, evidence, witnesses, everybody to set you up, perhury they do everything they are so corrupt
Old 09-04-2011, 11:07 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,474 Times in 7,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack or View Post
They will screw with lawyers, evidence, witnesses, everybody to set you up, perhury they do everything they are so corrupt
dude, why are you here? You have nothing positive to say, no real information to give people, and can't seem to support anybody. Do you really need to make people as miserable as you?
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (09-06-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Default What video???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
dude, why are you here? You have nothing positive to say, no real information to give people, and can't seem to support anybody. Do you really need to make people as miserable as you?
Someone please let me know what video everyone is talking about? Thanks!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura-n-Larry View Post
Someone please let me know what video everyone is talking about? Thanks!

Look at the first two post on pg1 there are links to the videos

Or right here

Last edited by Patrickj; 09-29-2011 at 08:52 PM..
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Donation Award 

Those videos were enlightening -- so glad I watched both, to see the defense lawyer's view and the interrogator's view -- wow! I will definitely never tell a story to the police because they will absolutely take those words out of context -- that's how innocent people get locked up! Aaaaaaack!

Thank you for posting these videos.

got my toes in the sand and a drink (water) in my hand
The Following User Says Thank You to Survivor Cat For This Useful Post:
Tuesday123 (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 AM

Default Omg

FriscoLady...
I know what you are talking about. I feel so horrible, because I told my son to just tell the truth. He was assaulted at his own place with Brass Knuckles and after the 2nd or 3rd punch he can't remember. The other guy ends up getting stabbed and when my son comes too they are pushing him and telling him he stabbed him. The guy ended up dieing, and with in 20 min. they charged my son with 1st degree murder. My son, who was 19 at the time, has never been in trouble before, never in any gang, no tats, nothing....I told him that it was self defense and just tell the truth.....I wish I would have watched this video prior. I would have told him not to talk to any police officer.....because they are right.....they changed stuff around and made him look like a monster.....Thank God the jury only gave him 23 yrs and he can parole out in 11 1/2 .

SO THIS I CAPITALIZE.......DON'T TALK TO ANYONE AND DEFINITELY NOT THE COPS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoLady View Post
You will hear a reference in the first lecture to my niece's case. So my advice to you is this.

First and only words out of your mouth should be I want to speak to my attorney. If I had gotten to her prior she would not be where she is now. But I did not and she is doing life without parole.

After you advise you want an attorney twiddle your thumbs, pick your nose, do what ever you have too to keep from opening your mouth. But the best thing to do is just to sit there and ignore them impassively, do not show emotion, and most of all DO NOT TALK.

I did allot of theatre in High School and College and I had to deal with stage fright. Too keep from getting stage fright we were taught to pick out one individual in the audience and speak to them, not to look them in the eye but at the centre of their nose just above their eyes. It works for interrogations as well (and they are interrogations despite what the gentleman (right!) in the second video says). For despite what they are supposed to do, in my initial interrogation one cop kept trying to get me to say something. So I did:

"I want an attorney". Got just as bored saying it over and over as he did trying to befuddle me into something. And not maintaining eye contact with him kept me from really getting nervous.

Patti
OneOfMany (12-17-2011), Survivor Cat (12-09-2011), Tuesday123 (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts

I would also add that if you are placed in a police car,they are taping every action and word.Do not discuss anything if you are placed there with another person.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
I would also add that if you are placed in a police car,they are taping every action and word.Do not discuss anything if you are placed there with another person.
Glad you brought that up, snitches are everywhere trying to get their time cut.
NEVER tell your side to anyone but your own attorney
The Following User Says Thank You to leighmarker For This Useful Post:
Survivor Cat (12-09-2011)
Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Great info !!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 AM

This is the best thread on PTO. So informative and so very important! I cannot believe the attitude of the cop in the second video - the way he labeled people as being hoodrats and how he calls all criminals stupid but he got his former marine buddy off of his charges even though he blatantly admitted to stealing. It's disgusting. And he flat out admits to using tactics to lie, deceive and trick people into confessing.

Great videos, though! Everyone in America needs to watch these.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USarmyFL View Post
That does not work anymore, if you do not play the game, you get screwed.. Watch the news lately? Ohh say, in the last 5-10 years?

us
I'd have to agree with ya on this one. Recently a suspect in FL was told by police "Listen I can stack you up with felonies, all want is for you to admit you keyed the nieghbors car and you'll get a notice to appear on a misdemeanor charge". Who's gonna keep there mouth shut then?

I think it depends on the severity of the crime, the higher the stakes the less talking I would be doing.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 PM
A woman in waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysmomma View Post
Eye-opening! My husband needs to see this when he gets out....We were so naive to believe that police are always there to help....He didnt know that anything he said, even the truth, would be turned against him....and now he's sitting in prison over something he didnt do.

Thank you, OP.
Yep so is my man. it's all really stupid. I have no respect for the police really
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Purpleorchids
Donation Award 

Cops are more and more this way because they operate under quota systems now, and they must drag more and more bodies through for processing. It's so completely out of control, that across the country, in some areas, the "arresting agency" isn't even listed as the local department. It is straight-up listed as "TRANSCOR" or another Halliburton/Blackwater/CCA (Corrections Corporation of Americs) subsidiary. "TRANSCOR" is the fucking transportation company that hauls people around.

You see, the transfer of arrestees and others is happening under multiple law codes, and there are actually legal vacuums that they must keep censored, so they need to have the arrestee (the property) be transferred. When I was subjected to domestic terrorism in Royal Palm Beach in my home, the arresting agency that confiscated my then husband was "TRANSCOR". Understand this, he was not part of any TRANSCOR business until he was taken to a NATIONAL GUARD parking lot and transferred into a van. He was arrested by a ROYAL PALM BEACH officer, and it was that man, and that town that subjected us to their racial homewrecking bullshit. Not TRANSCOR, but what I was also told is that this allows us to not be able to sue anyone or have any recourse because that COMPANY actually did NOT arrest. Get it, ladies and gentlemen?

You all understand that when the judges sit in front of the gold-rimmed flags they are admitting they are nothing more than foreign arbiters stitting on benches. The gold rim is an indication that we are a seized nation. Get on Youtube and watch sovereigns all around the world make judges get up and walk off the bench by challenging their right to rule when they are a foreign common-law agents. It's there. The judges stand up, walk back into their chambers, and the sovereigns leave. I am not joking you.

Prison is simply the transferring of human chattle to corporations, be them private or the state. Realize that all along, when DOC's are growing as crime decreases it's because it's work, a business, just jobs and shit. We all know it.

These companies are given multiple Constitutional Rights to operate
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purpleorchids For This Useful Post:
cecensis (05-22-2012), Mal79 (02-13-2016), Privitazion (03-27-2014)
Old 05-13-2012, 05:17 AM
A woman in waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImzadiValentine View Post
I hope I didn't screw up my husbands case because the police cornered me, Literally held me in a hallway and told me stuff that probably wasn't true in order to get me to say bad things about my husband. I really hope they can't make me testify against him because I won't.
Also, I am going to tell my children NEVER to talk to a cop EVER. I can see it now, my kindergratener telling the cop "I need an attorney" when they ask "What's your name?" It makes me laugh but that is what I am going to teach my children, when I have them.
By federal law no one can be forced to testify against their spouse! Period! You may state that too
Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebelle1973 View Post
By federal law no one can be forced to testify against their spouse! Period! You may state that too

It's a common misconception that marriage offers blanket protection. There are several BIG exceptions to spousal immunity rules in Fed and state courts.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Cops will do anything to get you! they are liars but worst of all most off them are doing the very thing they are locking others up for. And judges! Got money and friends in high places? Maybe a little bribe! That will work! I have to say tho there are some good cops and judges but 99% are BAD!!! Thats what sucks! And my poor, naive sister has ALWAYS told the truth, never has been untruthful and sang like a bird on herself! Never asked for a lawyer or even kept that mouth shut! Even went to Prison her first time because she went to visit some friends one evening and they where doing Coke and one of them just feel out! She called 911 the other guy left. The young man was taken to the hospital and died not long after. One year later they come for her! The didnt take her in that night, didnt test her for drugs nothing! matter of fact she was clean that night! Cops had some lame excuse cant remember its been so long but she served 2 yrs. for it! Shes just to trusting and believes ANYTHING you tell her! To have been on the street for 20 yrs. you would have thought she would have had some common sense when it came to the cops dirty little games! Thanks goodness what goes around comes around!! Karma!! Now shes back in charged with I dont know how many felonies. She had a full script of Lortabs filled that was not hers. She was looking at 99 to life but got 7 yrs. on top of that shes was clean before she filled the script. She was prescribed Lortabs by her Dr. for back pain and thought well he threw that in the garbage I'll just get it filled till I can get back to my Dr. and save me some time! She had been getting this ladys pres. picked up many times! She was working for her and the lady was bedridden so my sis took care of her. Very good care of her. The Pharmacist that filled it immediatly called the police by the time she got back to her patients home the police where there. Wheres the drugs? Well come on I'll take you to them! 30 Lortabs!!! She handed right over to them. They cuffed her took her to county placed her under 50.000.00 bond and left! My mom had to take out a loan just to get her out. This small town in Alabama holds court one time a year. You go before the judge get sentenced and go where ever he sends you. But she has a long record of drug abuse and Im pretty sure that didnt help. They say this judge was pretty good about putting non-violent offenders on probation or house arrest whatever fit the bill but not her! 99 to life!!! 47 yrs. old and was done with the drugs now.....shes going to Tutwiler! I mean come on the prisons are filled to the max as it is! She wasnt hurting anyone but herself physically!! She was killing her family mentally but she did this all to herself! No one ever died or was robbed because of her addiction! Ever! I want her out and dont know how or what to do. Who to talk to or write. We also do NOT have money for lawyers etc. We are like most people just making it from pay check to pay check! I know there are many more cases like hers out there and there has to be another way besides putting them in prison. I know theres Rehab but it dont work especially the state funded ones. If you have money you can get in a real nice place with all the comforts of home and at least be treated like a human being! She has been in so many rehabs its not even funny. But she wasnt ever ready to give it up! Shes done it ALL!!! And done anything to get it besides kill, steal, or hurt anyone. She is a 48 yr. old with the mindset of a 12 yr. old. No, really she is. I am just so sick of the justice so called system! We live in a screwed up world where money talks and if you dont have money oh well.....down the road you go! Not to mention ALL of those who are imprisoned that ARE INNOCENT!!! I cant even go there!!! Ok so I have had my rant thanks for listening and I wish you all well as well as those you love who are behind bars! May God Bless each one and answer your prayers! Cece
The Following User Says Thank You to cecensis For This Useful Post:
kourtney48 (12-23-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM

yeah and thats why ur in a Prison Forum lmao obviously someone talked hahaha duh!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 AM

Default tangable crimes dont talk to the cops then too?

This videos a little too late even if you didnt talk to the cops if its tangable there's no way out I would like to see what they say about "tangable crimes"
Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 AM

Default where to get timlen??

where does everyone get those timelines?????
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Default awsome 4 u

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryzgirl View Post
It's a common misconception that marriage offers blanket protection. There are several BIG exceptions to spousal immunity rules in Fed and state courts.
How long were u separate?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Job/Resources Coach

this DOES work. people far too often incriminate themselves.

the only thing you are required to provide police is your name and address. after that, be silent. they will try to trick you and use "inciters", like calling you racist remarks, a finger in the chest, etc to try to get you to fight or run (automatic felony charges in my state).

be smart and do some basic, common sense things, like not going out at night, making sure your car (and your car's paperwork) is legit.

not 4 days ago, 4 young men were arrested in my city for having FAKE LICENSE PLATES. Nothing could be dumber. they also had drugs and guns in the car. again, nothing could be dumber. stay out of sight, don't do anything stupid utilizing basic common sense, and you have nothing to worry about.

remember--the burden of proof for getting a search warrant for a home is HIGH.
the burden of proof for getting a search warrant for a car is LOW.

Last edited by LifeTraveler; 02-23-2013 at 09:06 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Forever, and a day<3
Donation Award 

i knew some of what he was talking about in this vid, but learned some new things... i sure wish i had seen it before i was interrogated. i really screwed myself. never again.
and bars will eventually open,
But love and life will last

Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 AM

I have not properly introduced myself. In will do that later on. However, I wished my nephew had seen this video. He was never taught "do not talk to police, EVER". He is now doing LWOP because he was honest. They twistedbhis words. Now his life is ruined. If he had not talked to police he would not be in prison today.

PS anybody know a super good attorney in California? My nephew is in corcoran SATF on first degree murder w specials. He was present when the murder happened but did not participate in the violence.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frozen For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-11-2013), patchouli (04-11-2013)