Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2017, 07:18 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default I get to visit!!

So it's "only" been 7 months since last visit, but I am so stoked that I get to go visit again!! 7-7 is the day : ) Visits are the best! Just wish they could be more frequent..anyone else not get to visit their lifer very often? I wonder if it would make a difference if we knew they had an out date-knowing we'd have more time with them when they get out...As of now that's not a reality, so it makes these visits so much more special and important!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017), Bryanna814 (06-28-2017), Libby1234 (07-21-2017), Taliba00 (06-30-2017), WG406 (06-30-2017)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-28-2017, 07:26 AM
MizzyMuffling's Avatar
MizzyMuffling MizzyMuffling is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC & Germany
Posts: 1,592
Thanks: 1,514
Thanked 1,900 Times in 924 Posts
Default

It's extremely exciting and so far I was only able to go once a year since I'm in Europe and he's in North Carolina. But hopefully, once he's being moved to Minimum I can go more often because the visits are much more relaxed and not as strict plus at one point he gets weekends at home. But that will still be a while...
__________________
Follow your heart but take your brain with you...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-28-2017)
  #3  
Old 06-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Bryanna814's Avatar
Bryanna814 Bryanna814 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 214
Thanks: 183
Thanked 125 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
So it's "only" been 7 months since last visit, but I am so stoked that I get to go visit again!! 7-7 is the day : ) Visits are the best! Just wish they could be more frequent..anyone else not get to visit their lifer very often? I wonder if it would make a difference if we knew they had an out date-knowing we'd have more time with them when they get out...As of now that's not a reality, so it makes these visits so much more special and important!!
Woohoo. I am so excited for you and your love.
I am going to visit my love in October. It is also a contact visit. Our first visit ever, we have been together for 2 years. Yes, when our loves dont have a release date our visits even once a year are rhe the most beautiful things ever.
I cant wait for the details on your visit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:01 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
It's extremely exciting and so far I was only able to go once a year since I'm in Europe and he's in North Carolina. But hopefully, once he's being moved to Minimum I can go more often because the visits are much more relaxed and not as strict plus at one point he gets weekends at home. But that will still be a while...
Once a year...how do we do this?! lol the visits are the best-hoping you will be able to visit a little more frequently once he is moved!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-28-2017), MizzyMuffling (06-28-2017)
  #5  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:03 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna814 View Post
Woohoo. I am so excited for you and your love.
I am going to visit my love in October. It is also a contact visit. Our first visit ever, we have been together for 2 years. Yes, when our loves dont have a release date our visits even once a year are rhe the most beautiful things ever.
I cant wait for the details on your visit
I love first visit stories!! So glad you will be meeting for first time! Do share about it please please please lol : )
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-28-2017)
  #6  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:13 AM
MizzyMuffling's Avatar
MizzyMuffling MizzyMuffling is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC & Germany
Posts: 1,592
Thanks: 1,514
Thanked 1,900 Times in 924 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
Once a year...how do we do this?! lol the visits are the best-hoping you will be able to visit a little more frequently once he is moved!
One day at a time... talking on the phone, writing... and saving $$$
__________________
Follow your heart but take your brain with you...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-28-2017)
  #7  
Old 06-28-2017, 10:27 PM
Always_His Always_His is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Usa
Posts: 80
Thanks: 46
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

7/7 is only a couple days away , I hope you have a amazing visit , where are you coming from and to ? I also live in Pennsylvania and my loved ones is in pa doc jails
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Always_His For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-29-2017)
  #8  
Old 06-29-2017, 09:37 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
One day at a time... talking on the phone, writing... and saving $$$
indeed-couldn't have said it better myself! *sigh*
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-29-2017)
  #9  
Old 06-29-2017, 09:39 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_His View Post
7/7 is only a couple days away , I hope you have a amazing visit , where are you coming from and to ? I also live in Pennsylvania and my loved ones is in pa doc jails
So glad the time is flying..but know it will fly even faster on the visit.. D is at Coal Township. I live about 2.5 hours away-right near the ny border..which facility(ies) is your loved ones at?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM
chosenmemories's Avatar
chosenmemories chosenmemories is offline
Nigohilvi
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arizona/Alaska
Posts: 555
Thanks: 934
Thanked 584 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Excited to hear about your first visit! Definitely something wonderful to look forward to. Is it once a year because the facility only allows a visit once a year? That seems pretty harsh.

My trip to visit my husband is once a year because we live in different States and it costs quite a bit to travel out to Alaska.

I hope you'll return and tell us all about your lovely meeting. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Taliba00 Taliba00 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 35
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Hi smiles844:

Yes! I can relate to you! I get to visit my husband only about once every seven months... That's probably been the average over the last three years. He is in another state so it's always a big and complicated plan. Our visits are behind glass, too, but as hard as it is to believe, we still feel blessed each and every time. The hardest part, of course, is the leaving.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taliba00 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (06-30-2017), chosenmemories (07-05-2017)
  #12  
Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenmemories View Post
Excited to hear about your first visit! Definitely something wonderful to look forward to. Is it once a year because the facility only allows a visit once a year? That seems pretty harsh.

My trip to visit my husband is once a year because we live in different States and it costs quite a bit to travel out to Alaska.

I hope you'll return and tell us all about your lovely meeting. Enjoy!
No, he could have visit each week..wish I could make that happen! but life is so hectic and i've been sick.. Can't complain though with people being half way around the world from their LO's...and from AZ to Alaska-may as well be the other side of the world! that's quite a distance!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
chosenmemories (07-05-2017)
  #13  
Old 07-05-2017, 12:44 PM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliba00 View Post
Hi smiles844:

Yes! I can relate to you! I get to visit my husband only about once every seven months... That's probably been the average over the last three years. He is in another state so it's always a big and complicated plan. Our visits are behind glass, too, but as hard as it is to believe, we still feel blessed each and every time. The hardest part, of course, is the leaving.
It's so hard having so much time pass in between visits...and the leaving : ( HATE that part..like you're leaving a huge piece of yourself there..so so hard. He cried last time i was leaving and that's not like him-to show any emotion, so it really broke my heart Hope you have contact visits soon!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
Taliba00 (07-05-2017)
  #14  
Old 07-06-2017, 01:08 PM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Tomorrow is the day!!! I feel so happy, like i could burst! so so so excited!!!! lol
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (07-06-2017), Taliba00 (07-07-2017)
  #15  
Old 07-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Bryanna814's Avatar
Bryanna814 Bryanna814 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 214
Thanks: 183
Thanked 125 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
Tomorrow is the day!!! I feel so happy, like i could burst! so so so excited!!!! lol
Woohoo! Have a blast. I cant wait for details
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Nica's Avatar
Nica Nica is offline
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: His❤️
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 25
Thanked 1,222 Times in 759 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
Tomorrow is the day!!! I feel so happy, like i could burst! so so so excited!!!! lol
I'm excited for YOU and YOURS!!

Have a great visit, and God Bless ❤️
__________________
WE never stop Believin' as long as we have God, Hope, Faith, & each other...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Shawty2017 Shawty2017 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Usa NC
Posts: 94
Thanks: 33
Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenmemories View Post
Excited to hear about your first visit! Definitely something wonderful to look forward to. Is it once a year because the facility only allows a visit once a year? That seems pretty harsh.

My trip to visit my husband is once a year because we live in different States and it costs quite a bit to travel out to Alaska.

I hope you'll return and tell us all about your lovely meeting. Enjoy!
Not sure if mine is a lifer but it feels that way at times because we have no date of release and it bothers me all he does is go to parole board n they say come back in a year and nothing is panning out anyone know why this is im unknowledgeavle of how all this works n i want to know so i can try get a release date we only met once been together 1 year on monday n visiting next month to nj try to take it one day at a time but its hard for me n if he is a lifer i dont believe i would be in it til end i would be friends n move on
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-08-2017, 06:35 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,168
Thanks: 84
Thanked 1,280 Times in 840 Posts
Default

That's awesome. Hope you had a great visit.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
Shawty2017 (07-08-2017)
  #19  
Old 07-10-2017, 12:15 PM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Thank you all-it was a GREAT visit!! : ) as always lol my gosh though, how does the time go by SO fast?! It took 45 minutes to get in-was a lot of people coming for visits that day. The guards eyed me hard and i thought for sure they'd come up with some reason to turn me away lol-not sure why i was so paranoid this time. I was so excited to be there and to see him again, I couldn't get my shoes back on the first try lol my hands were shaking so bad! He was as nervous as i was-so silly, just nerves I guess. But we had such a good visit..talked about a lot of things..and forgot things to talk about til after the visit... I cried at the end-oh how i hate leaving him behind : ( Aside from that tho, it was so so good..I'm really blessed to know him!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017), Bryanna814 (07-10-2017), chosenmemories (07-23-2017), Revenwyn (07-20-2017), Taliba00 (07-10-2017)
  #20  
Old 07-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Revenwyn's Avatar
Revenwyn Revenwyn is offline
Married May 27, 2017!
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California, USA- Husband in Colorado
Posts: 482
Thanks: 370
Thanked 335 Times in 168 Posts
Default

I get to visit every 4-6 months or so, I'm in California and he's in Colorado. This last time I stayed for a month and a half with his mother though while we got everything in order to get married. But still, it's been 5 weeks without seeing him now and I'm starting to go crazy again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017)
  #21  
Old 07-23-2017, 09:25 PM
chosenmemories's Avatar
chosenmemories chosenmemories is offline
Nigohilvi
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arizona/Alaska
Posts: 555
Thanks: 934
Thanked 584 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawty2017 View Post
Not sure if mine is a lifer but it feels that way at times because we have no date of release and it bothers me all he does is go to parole board n they say come back in a year and nothing is panning out anyone know why this is im unknowledgeavle of how all this works n i want to know so i can try get a release date we only met once been together 1 year on monday n visiting next month to nj try to take it one day at a time but its hard for me n if he is a lifer i dont believe i would be in it til end i would be friends n move on
To answer your question Shawty most states have an inmate lookup website that offers details about their projected out date or expected next parole date hearing. Have you asked him for the details of his mandatory parole date, assuming he has one? Unfortunately parole hearings do not always go favorably, but take heart in the fact that he only got a year set off to his next hearing. Many people I know have gotten 5-10 year set off to next parole hearing. Much depends on the charges and the individual laws of the particular State.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chosenmemories For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017)
  #22  
Old 08-01-2017, 01:26 PM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
I get to visit every 4-6 months or so, I'm in California and he's in Colorado. This last time I stayed for a month and a half with his mother though while we got everything in order to get married. But still, it's been 5 weeks without seeing him now and I'm starting to go crazy again.
5 weeks can feel so long...hope you're able to visit again soon! Do you think you'll move to be closer?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017)
  #23  
Old 08-01-2017, 01:27 PM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawty2017 View Post
Not sure if mine is a lifer but it feels that way at times because we have no date of release and it bothers me all he does is go to parole board n they say come back in a year and nothing is panning out anyone know why this is im unknowledgeavle of how all this works n i want to know so i can try get a release date we only met once been together 1 year on monday n visiting next month to nj try to take it one day at a time but its hard for me n if he is a lifer i dont believe i would be in it til end i would be friends n move on
Have you gotten a date, or anything more definitive yet?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-27-2017, 09:01 PM
InLuvWithALifer InLuvWithALifer is offline
Loving my Lifer
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 23
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I am in NY by the border of PA and B is at Coal Township as well. I'd love to find out where you are, maybe we can carpool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
So glad the time is flying..but know it will fly even faster on the visit.. D is at Coal Township. I live about 2.5 hours away-right near the ny border..which facility(ies) is your loved ones at?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InLuvWithALifer For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017)
  #25  
Old 08-28-2017, 07:53 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Will pm you : )
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (09-07-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Highly upset, cousin rode with me to visit and messing w/ my visit time! Luvs__iridescent GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 25 10-21-2014 07:45 PM
Extended Family Visit/Trailer Visit @ Stafford Creek QTPIE Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 9 04-19-2011 11:21 AM
From special visit to regular visit need help Polunsky Unit Texas Prison ThePoetsWife Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status 3 09-11-2009 08:28 AM
Visit On Fri. 13th-still No Word Daughter Apprvd 4 Family Visit ms_jackson30 California Prison Visitation - General Q&A 9 01-31-2006 11:46 AM
Garza visit-Accidental Contact Visit! Texas Prison Grace1 Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status 7 11-09-2004 07:37 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics