Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM

LWOP here, the sadness come from knowing how young he was going in (late teens). Unlikely to be released.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,921 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi...my love was given death, not LWOP, however the likelihood of execution is very slight as our state has not executed anyone in about 15 years. I don't have to live with the daily terror so many do with the death penalty, but I cannot anticipate a time that he will ever be home. The situation is a challenge to our creativity; we create an intimacy knowing that every word we speak or write is reviewed by the world (or so it seems) and "alone time" is us through glass & a telephone...maybe not ideal but perfection doesn't exist and life without him would be hell. So I'll take what I have and work to make it better :-)
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 PM

Hi my brother in law / Bff is doing lwop hes been down 13 yrs. and was also sentenced to 75 yrs. i try to keep him happy but its hard real hard
Old 02-23-2013, 02:39 PM
missing and loving my man

My hubby is doing lwop in FL he was going to get death but he was 17 when he committed his crime
Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM
TDZWIFE

Until we find out if the parole board had a right to change the sentence the judge gave him then we to are lwop. He was sentenced by the judge to life with parole. But parole said he slipped through the crackks and should have been sentenced as a recidivist. So until I find some legal answers he is lwop ;(
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM

My husband is LWP sentence to 15 to life been down for 22years, denied twice...we have been part of each other's life's for the last 10 years, and one daughter together.

Parole hearing in 2015 I have hope he will come home.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM

Hey everyone, thanks for responding. I posted that awhile back and then left PTO for several months. I'm back now, with a brand new ID name, and hope to become more actively involved again.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM

My brother was just sentenced to Life without Parole for Conspiracy to Distribute Marijuana.... I'm not sure how this is even possible. He's never had a violent history, only 9 "custody points", but they are sending him to maximum security prison in McCreary. Anyone have any hope for him??
Old 04-09-2013, 02:43 AM

My man is LWOP for being charged with running a drug ring on the outside from state prison on a cellphone in his cell while serving time for dealing. He has 2 years left on his state bid then it's off to federal prison to serve his life sentence. He just got federally indicted ((again)) for running another drug ring from 2 phones in his cell 3 weeks ago. I don't know what to do with my baby when it comes to all of this but I love him. He's my light in the dark, my joy.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMyLifer View Post
My man is LWOP for being charged with running a drug ring on the outside from state prison on a cellphone in his cell while serving time for dealing. He has 2 years left on his state bid then it's off to federal prison to serve his life sentence. He just got federally indicted ((again)) for running another drug ring from 2 phones in his cell 3 weeks ago. I don't know what to do with my baby when it comes to all of this but I love him. He's my light in the dark, my joy.
I admire your patience , I would never accept bullshit like this from my loved one. The life sentence alone is a huge burden on families and friends. I see what it's doing to his parents, and he knows this himself and is very disciplined (thank god). I don't know if I had the energy to do this on a long term basis if he was sent to the hole every other week or was involved in other crimes in there.. It's already stressful enough to constantly worry about his safety in there, even though he always says he is probably much safer in there than I am out here on the streets

Last edited by caribbeanblue77; 04-09-2013 at 06:49 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caribbeanblue77 For This Useful Post:
HardHeadedWoman (04-09-2013), Inhishands (04-10-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 PM
far from home...

Although this topic was brought up from a long while back, I just wanted to throw in that mine is in for life, without the possibility of parole. His attorney is always saying that could change (almost claiming it to be like a 25 to life thing)...I am not holding my hand in anticipation! I can hope...but not too much or I will drive myself batty. It has only been 8 years, so far, and it has felt like an eternity, but I love him and I am devoted. We are both located in Arizona.

you were made to make it hurt.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM

My man is a lifer. I'd be lying if I said I don't wonder what it would be like if he were by my side. Looking forward to his calls, letters and our visits make me through the days....and I forget that he's not by my side. I love him with all my heart and I can't imagine my life without him. Him having life seems to not phase me unless I bring it up to someone that can't even understand loving someone who's in prison. God crosses path for a reason....I do believe there is a reason for all one does. My man has changed my life for the better. He brought a light that had been lost many years ago. I did the same for him. Our bond is strong because we have put God first. We dream and dream big....whether it becomes true or not we're in this relation for the life.

It's really hard at times....I mean who doesn't want their loved one to be by their side. It's really hard! But time can only tell....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shrte78 For This Useful Post:
chocco (04-12-2013), trenner (04-27-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM

My friend of just over 2 years has LWOP and some! Convicted as a juvenile; he's done 26 years. I often think of how much life he has lost for making the biggest mistake of his life. It is so sad when I realise all the things he has missed and is going to miss; of all the sadness his Mum must have gone through over the years and still does to this day. As a mother I can only imagine it must be heartbreaking to have that helpless and hopeless feeling of not being able to help your child. They live thousands of miles apart and only see each other once a year - that must be hard. He doesn't get any other visits...like many on her have said, his so-called friends all dropped off when the time got rough. Although the future looks bleak and hopeless, we all must have faith that one day the men we love and cherish will be free from those shackles and walls; those relentless days of monotony and lack of physical contact. God is good and he will help us all through the road we choose to walk along. I'll be visiting and meeting my friend for the first time this August which I am looking forward to; I hope then, I can bring a ray of sunshine into his days for the short time I am there. I think all you ladies (and men) on this site are an inspiration to so many with your love and support that you all share...it's a real blessing!
The Following User Says Thank You to chocco For This Useful Post:
shrte78 (04-12-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 PM

My brother was finally transferred to Mccreary prison on Thursday. We are still waiting on his appeal, I'm sure it's to early to hope for anything in the appeal yet. Still can't understand LWOP for conspiracy to distribute marijuana.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM

I have to throw my 2 cents in on this one. My man was given LWOP when he was 26, he's 40 now...we MWI I thought I was crazy for even talking to him...but something about him drew me in. I went thru a period of thinking the bottom was going to fall out from under me and he was gonna use me...WOW did he prove me wrong, at times it felt like I was using him. What keeps me firmly glued to his side is his love, I can feel it surrounding me. It amazes me how strongly I feel for someone I may never have by my side...I never dreamed I could give up physical intimacy and be satisfied...but he's worth it, all of it. He is my rock, and he calls me his mountain (which im not sure if i should be offended lol)...its love, his love keeps me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hisbabygirl78 For This Useful Post:
caribbeanblue77 (04-21-2013), SexyChef1 (07-21-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 AM

Hello my Kenji Bear is LWOP in Limon Colorado, however I reside in Detroit Michigan. Miss him madly every single day.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 PM

I really liked what you wrote, and that is how i feel. mine is doing lwop in colorado - taken into custody at age 27 - 34 now. He said I can be physically intimate with another as long as he never ever hears about it, but I have no desire for it. I am content and happy and I don't miss it - just fanatsize about the man I love
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisbabygirl78 View Post
I have to throw my 2 cents in on this one. My man was given LWOP when he was 26, he's 40 now...we MWI I thought I was crazy for even talking to him...but something about him drew me in. I went thru a period of thinking the bottom was going to fall out from under me and he was gonna use me...WOW did he prove me wrong, at times it felt like I was using him. What keeps me firmly glued to his side is his love, I can feel it surrounding me. It amazes me how strongly I feel for someone I may never have by my side...I never dreamed I could give up physical intimacy and be satisfied...but he's worth it, all of it. He is my rock, and he calls me his mountain (which im not sure if i should be offended lol)...its love, his love keeps me
Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 PM

Mine is servinbg LWOP in Colorado and I live in NY - do you ever see him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiblue36 View Post
Hello my Kenji Bear is LWOP in Limon Colorado, however I reside in Detroit Michigan. Miss him madly every single day.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM

My fiance is in holman prison in alabama & is currently serving a lwop sentence & emotionally it is hard by me being in texas & he's 8 hours away i trying to deal with it & be strong for the both of us but realisticly i'm dying inside ;-( i am maintaining though.... He been down 4 years already
Old 07-17-2013, 12:40 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Ole Man has Lwop I'm in New Orleans he's in WV !
Old 07-20-2013, 04:51 PM

Was wondering if there are any states in the U.S. that give LWOP inmates Family Visits(overnight) if so would you please let me know which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilamami4you View Post
Was wondering if there are any states in the U.S. that give LWOP inmates Family Visits(overnight) if so would you please let me know which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
I believe New York does. My state, Washington, might now on a case by case basis. California doesn't anymore though I know a lot of people are trying to get them back. There are a few more states that have EFVs but I dont know the details about them. Hope this helped!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

When ole was hit with lwop ive never been so happy ...my love was facing RICO death penalty. Now we must appeal!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:56 PM

My son is LWOP. Just starting his journey. Scarred and disillusioned I will be here for him as long is God is willing.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Eyes wide open

I am in Oregon. Husband was sentenced to 220 years without parole or time off for good behavior. Child molestation. It has been 10 months since his arrest and 5 months since he was sentenced. Most all were Measure 11 counts. No trial. He plead guilty to everything. This is not a journey I ever thought I would encounter in my lifetime. I have never even had a speeding ticket let alone seen the inside of the DOC until last year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irisheyed For This Useful Post:
LadyJ8402 (11-03-2013)