Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 10-28-2015, 01:45 PM

Exclamation Niantic Annex Visits

Hi Everyone. My boyfriend has been in there for 2 mths and im really struggling. Can i visit more than twice a week and once on the weekend?? Like monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then Saturday
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2015, 11:05 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi and Welcome to Prison Talk!

I am sorry to hear that you're struggling--I understand! As far as visiting goes, according to the DOC website, this is what is allowed:

Quote:
(2) one-hour long visits on weekdays and (1) one-hour long visit on weekends depending on their ending number
Even numbers can visit on Monday, Thursday and/or Saturday. Odd numbers visit Wednesday, Friday & Sunday. Remember--he is allowed 3 visits--it isn't how many you are allowed. So if someone else visits on a day that you didn't, he only has 2 visits remaining. When I first started on this journey I was thinking of it as the number of visits that I was allowed, which is not the case. Also remember that currently they do not have personal visits on Tuesday.

I know that this is a difficult adjustment, but you will get through it. While I understand wanting to visit at every chance you get, this may not be the best thing. You need to remember to live and to have things that are outside of prison. It can be very tempting to start living as though you are in the cell beside him--you end up taking rec when he does (waiting for the phone to ring)...you schedule things around when you might speak to him or see him...Don't live as though you are in prison, too!

I don't know how long you have before he's released, but you need to take care of yourself. Use free time to replenish yourself; read a book, take a bath, go to dinner/movies with a friend, call your craziest girlfriend and gossip and LAUGH. Live! You will be better for it, and so will your relationship.

So...What's your point?