Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 AM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default On and On Gladys knight and the Pips

Spoke to him last night. He got his fan however he is like its HOT. Is the visiting area hot as well? When he was in the hole it was cooler for him

He is home. Countdown to June 9th Wedding Date
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Waiting.....

Well it has been hot down here lately and humid too.

The visitation room gets crowded quick and with all those bodies it gets really warm in there. It's never really hot in there though. You'd be fine with jeans and a shirt.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene.E2008 View Post
And with the Sat/Sun thing it changes every month. I don't know what June is currently, but for example if this month's visitation is Saturday, then July will be Sunday, August will be Saturday and so forth. If that makes sense.

June's weekend visits are currently SUNDAY if the inmate's last number (minus the -XXX) is EVEN...for example 12334-083...

so July it will be Saturday....but be careful with the months that have 5 weeks in them cuz at the end of the month they have been known to switch over cuz the prison goes by a 4 week schedule...the inmates are given calendars with what the visiting days are and when they switch..but it's a matter of if they look at them

The Following User Says Thank You to hvensnt2u For This Useful Post:
Rene.E2008 (06-27-2008)
Old 06-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess83 View Post
I am looking for the info about this pace as well, but it doesn't seen like anyone knows anything about it If you get more info let me know, and I will do the same..Thanks

if you or anyone else wants to know more info about this place just pm me and let me know..I've been going to the Medium about twice a week for over a year know...kinda feels like my second home....

Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default UNITY Queen L

Hmm Ok we talking the Med correct? I will talk to baby tonight and see if this applies in the low, I am so glad we are building up our posting. listen I am coming down in July maybe you VA people can get me to some good food or some shopping areas while I am there?

Last edited by hopeful64; 06-27-2008 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: hey ladies waving
Old 06-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Waiting.....

Yup we are talking about medium.

Lol hvensnt. It is like a second home. Just a very intimidating second home with (some) pretty nice and (mostly) irratating COs.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Smile Summer Madness Roy Ayers

Hey ladies, spoke to baby tonight and he said we get all 4 days every month. He says it was hot as all get out today. Took like 4 showers today (could I have been water in VA today) anyhoo, he knows people like shoutin on the phone asking his people about visits. Its all good. Now they are saying that have to request his paperwork from the courts. And his visit list is good cause its in the computer however we have to fill out another paper for files. Counting down days :fb:

Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
all by myself

Thanked 1,355 Times in 753 Posts

hey everyone my man is in petersburg med. about to be transfered to the low do any of you know the difference between the two?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 AM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default Your love is king Sade

We can visit from M 5-9pm Thurs 5-9pm Fri 5-9pm Sat-Sun 8am -3pm. Have not gone to visit yet. check out the BOP website under FCC Petersburg. Good stuff with ya progress.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:46 AM

Default Need info on petersbug low

HELLO ALL I HAVE TO ss. TO PETERSBURG LOW ON DEC 2 FOR A YEAR AND A DAY LEVEL 14 NOT SURE IF CAMP OR LOW JUST SAID REPORT TO FCI PETERSBURG AND INFO SUCH AS THE INTAKE PROCESS SHU THE FRIST FEW DAYS WOULD BE GREST THANKS MICHAEL
Old 03-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Donation Award 

Default Anyone have someone at Petersburg, Low?

My fiance is at Petersburg in VA. Anyone else have a loved one at Petersburg?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
all by myself

i do i do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Donation Award 

Default Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant's wife View Post
i do i do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was there today for a visit. It's not too bad for what it is. I just concentrate on catching up with Terry, seeing his beautiful face and being able to hold his hand for a couple of hours. It recharges my batteries and helps me make through to the next visit.

Do you get to visit? What building is he in? Terry is in VA hall in the parking lot. He really likes his cellies and he's doing great considering. I think it's a million times harder on their loved ones at home trying to keep everything together but I know it's very hard on them too.

Thanks for the reply!

Stacie
Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
all by myself

i have not been to visit him yet i am closterphobic he's been in there 5 years, not sure if you figure this one out yet but they can call your cellphone i have att and my man calls me all the time with his prepaid minutes i told my man bout your husband being in there he said he's gonna look out for him i hope you don't mind

Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Donation Award 

Thanks, I don't mind at all and Terry has no clue how to deal with prison. He's just trying to figure everything out. It would be really nice to have someone who knows what's going on to talk to.

I'm not claustrophobic but I have really bad panic attacks when I drive a long distance so driving the 2 hours by myself to go visit has been hard. I do it though. I saw him yesterday and he's okay I guess.

I can't believe how much better I feel just talking to you knowing someone who's been there and has some clue how this all works. Right now we're terrified that he's going to get in trouble and moved from something because we don't understand all the rules. I put my head on his shoulder yesterday, both facing front, no touching just rested my head there and he got called up to talk to the co on duty. From then on I was afraid to even hold his hand for fear he'll get in trouble.

It's not fun to visit when you can't relax even for a minute. :O(

Stacie
Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 AM
all by myself

i know you can only really touch the first few minutes and the last few minutes of the visits. i told my man that he had no idea what's going on so he said he gonna try and find him even if they ain't close to eachother my man knows plenty of people in there. im glad you came to pto i was beginning to think my man was the only one in petersburg low. i get those panic attacks too they really suck

Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Donation Award 

I'm so happy I found this place and someone with their man in Petersburg too. I had nobody to talk to. Terry is in VA hall in the parking lot not a cell. He doesn't go to chow very often he just eats from his commisary. I guess it's just nerves. He walks on the track alot to relieve stress and be outside. He used to walk way too much like hours but it was too much. He needed to relax. I've been sending him magazines to read every week but they send some of them back. Then I send the same ones again and they'll give them to him. LOL It just depends on who's working the mail room I guess.

If you ever want to go visit you can come with me. The visiting room is really big and maybe it will help you if you're not alone. I have the visiting thing down now as far as what to do before I get to see him. If you get claustrophobic you can leave as soon as you start feeling that way. You can be out in less than a minute they're really fast and nice if you have a problem. I have really bad asthma and I've had to leave really quick to get my inhaler and they were really nice to me.

Thanks again. Meeting you has made me feel much better.

Stacie
Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
all by myself

oh so it's not like a small room where they close the bas behind you that's what bothers me as long as i know i can get i'll be fine, and im pretty sure everyone on the low is not in cells the other building you see one is the medium security my man was in there for 3 yrs before he got transfered to the low and the other building is a federal camp they have even less security then the low. and you know something i don't how do you send the magazines lmao my man been asking me but im clueless and when i try i get told i can't send the mag to a p.o. box. since i told him i would marry him and i have begun paperwork im gonna have to suck it up it wouldn't be cool to leave a man in prison at the alter by himself lol

Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Donation Award 

It's really easy to get magazines to them. You just get the magazine size envelope from the post office. I send five at a time, that's the limit. I send two envelopes a week to Terry. I get him all different magazines. The rags, People, Us, Golf digest, Time, Newsweek, tatoo magazines. I send books which you can as long as they're paperbacks only two in the envelope at a time. You send them to the exact same address you send letters. I also send him pictures and he's making a photo album. You address the envelope the same way you do a letter with name/number and then the petersuburg address. Make sure you put your return address and name and he'll get the package as fast as he gets your letters.

The room you visit in is really big with lots of windows. If you wanted to leave you can get out in two minutes. There are bars but they open really quick and they're basically used as a door. There are lots of vending machines with hamburgers, pizza, bbq, hot dogs. There's soda, chips, candy, coffee. You can have lunch or dinner with your guy. You should feel pretty comfortable and really, you could be out really fast if you felt claustrophobic.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
all by myself

ohhhh i thought the mags had to come from the publisher he gonna kick my but when he finds out it was that easy guess ill go to walmart today and hit up the mag rack i wonder how mad he would be if i sent him seventeen & vogue it's just a joke i wouldn't do that it would be funny tho. my man has about 2 million pictures stuffed into a photo album my mail only takes 2 days to get there which is really good the visiting room doesn't sound bad at all his brother was telling me it's just like up here and up here up go through bars they shut those bars then you have to wait until the guard opens the other bars in front of you i went once too see my brother and never went back

Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Donation Award 

You do have to go through bars twice but they open them immediately. I've been to see Ter 11 times and I've never been behind the bars longer than a minute. Then the visitors room is so big it's fine. I have really bad asthma and sometimes have to leave quick to use my inhaler and it only took them a minute to let me out and they didn't even know I needed my inhaler. They're just fast. I leave half an hour early then there's nobody but me leaving so it's fine. They're also super nice at low so they joke with you and make you feel comfortable.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
all by myself

i would want to leave early because i wouldnt be able to handle it if they were telling me to leave just because i would feel like im leaving him behind i know it sounds weird

Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 PM

Hello I will be sentenced on the 27th of this month and Petersburg is the closest to my house so I hope to be sent there. I am looking at 41 to 51 months. For bank fraud So can one of you give me so information on the Camp or the Low at petersburg. Please.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Donation Award 

Yes, I can definitely help you. My guy has been there and settled in for months. It's not a bad place as far as prisons go. Like most things in life it is to an extent what you make of what's available for you. It's a prison but my guy who had a very cushy life before going in says he could do his time standing on his head IF he could still provide for his family while incarcerated and not miss everyone so desperately.

My advise is to stay away from any groups who are not following the rules entirely keep clean, make the right kinds of friends and fill your day with whatever you can. Most importantly schedule your day so you don't become lonely and depressed. My guy reads, writes, plays games in rec, walks the track, cooks with his mates, goes to music and arts (there's some interesting things going on there during most days, music etc) and he's found ways to make his days speed by with NO PROBLEMS which is the most important thing.

You can private message me if you'd like and I'll give you some tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awynn1981 View Post
Hello I will be sentenced on the 27th of this month and Petersburg is the closest to my house so I hope to be sent there. I am looking at 41 to 51 months. For bank fraud So can one of you give me so information on the Camp or the Low at petersburg. Please.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 AM
tkbest

Default My son is in Petersburg LOW

Hi to all of you, just found your link on the site. My son has been in Petersburg for about three years, was moved from Louisiana, and originally wisconsin which is our home. we havent seen him in over four years due to our health and the distance. Up until the last four months he seemed to be doing good. Told us he keeps his back to the wall, never goes into a room with large groups, works out, walks and runs the track and mostly eats in his room. Something is up the last four months, he is due to be transferred back to wisconsin any day so we are just waiting to see him again. He is either paying protection money or getting extorted for something as he has been desperate for money, literally calling everyone to get money sent. I know he is not using anything, he hasnt written in awhile and last time I talked to him he wouldnt or couldnt say what is wrong. He gets his phone minutes back on the 11th and I hope we can find out what is up. We are worried for his safety. You cant call and talk to his counselor as that will just make it worse. we have had friends wives and girlfriends call to pass messages to us saying he to send money to his account asap or his health would suffer. all of the time he has been in prison this is the first time we have worried about him, he is so far away and we feel so helpless. Its nice to hear from others with family in Petersburg, there are not too many of us here at the site. My sons name is Jeremy he is just turned 30. Im not sure what unti his is, his letters just go to petersburg low with his name and number so dont know if anyone knows him. God Bless you all, we know what you are going through, and I do think that when they get sentenced we all get sentenced. Prison is a barbaric institution that doesnt work, youd think that a country that is supposed to be so advanced as the US would realize that.