Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Question FCI--Petersburg

I went to visit my boyfriend this past weekend at Petersburg. It was foggy, so they told us that we had to wait until the fog lifted. About 10:30, a man came down and told us that if the fog hadn't lifted by noon, they were cancelling visitation for the day. Noon arrived, and the fog was pretty much lifted but they cancelled visitation anyway.

While standing around and waiting, I was talking to this girl who told me someone had escaped from the camp, but they had found them.

I was just wondering if this fog policy was standard, or perhaps because of the escape they were being extra careful. I've looked online and can't find any news reports about this alleged escape. I was wondering if anyone had any information about this, or could point me in the direction of information.

I know they have to be careful and all that, but how crappy was it that I drove 6 hours, only to have to turn around and drive 6 more hours home, and didn't even get to see my man? It was real crappy let me tell ya. Although, it wasn't as crappy as the grandmother who drove forever from Ohio, or all the kids who were crying because they didn't get to see their daddies.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2006, 03:06 PM

I don't know about the cancellation of visits but FCI Beckley where my husband is at gets locked down quite often due to fog. He says alot of mornings that they don't get out until after noon because of fog also.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Donation Award 

here is a news article about the prisoner who escaped

http://www.progress-index.com/site/n...d=462946&rfi=6

Its sad actually...but it is a reasonable security issue. Not all places seem to be as strict with this but considering they had some issue so recently, I can see them taking the extra step. We had someone else recently say there was a delay due to fog but it was at another institution
Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Finally Free!

This weekend there was fog at Beaumont & my husband was worried that we wouldn't get in. By the time I arrived at 10:30 the fog had lifted & they were processing visitors...but it easily could have been just a good day to drive to Beaumont!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
I am forever his.....

Question FCI Petersburg

I am flying to Virginia to visit my fiance in FCI Petersburg medium, does anyone have any info or advice on visitation or anything else I should know.

I love you Steve!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

I am sorry I am not familiar with that facility, but I did find this for Visitation at FCI Petersburg Medium.

As for getting there from the airport, don't go on Pocahontas Parkway. It is really high tolls and you don't go that far. When you come out of the airport, go to the right (north) and get onto I-64 heading west toward Richmond. Then take I-95 South toward Petersburg. Take exit 54 off of 95 (Temple Exit), follow it to the light and go right, passed the Hardees and back underneath I-95. There is a big mall there and you keep on going past it, about 3 miles or so. It becomes a whole lot of nothing after the Harley shop and River Road will be on your left.

You can also take 64 to I-295 from the airport but it is a little more confusing coming in from that direction. There are a lot of hotels in Colonial Heights, Hopewell and Chester areas of varying prices. Good luck!!

Last edited by dwfighterva; 04-04-2007 at 07:15 AM..
Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I am forever his.....

Thank you, I have already looked over the info on BOP.gov. I was hoping that someone has actually visited there and could let me know how their experience was. Thanks again, for responding.

Also, thanks for the info regarding the directions that will be very helpful.

I love you Steve!

Last edited by 4ever&4always; 04-04-2007 at 07:31 PM..
Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 AM

Default FCI Petersburg

does anyone have any information on FCI petersburg medium facility?!?! like how it is, how the visits go and what not...I've looked at every thread on here and haven't found a one!!!!

please...any help would be appreciated...

Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 AM

I saw one on here but can't remember where!!!!It said that they were strict on visitation. There were some interesting hints. No underwire bras or hairbands, conservative clothing, wear freshly washed clothing to avoid problems with the random testing,keep extra clothing in the car, suggested sweat pants and tee shirt, plain etc. if you go to the b.o.p site for the facility, there is a very long and boring explanation of what is expected, but it seemed worth reading. If you find out anything please let me know. My man is going there sometime soon. He will be going to Low.
good luck..
Old 11-10-2007, 03:13 AM

well I'm going to visit him today for my first time....so I'll let you know..but my boyfriend in in the medium...

Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Default What can you tell me about fci petersburg va

any one know anything about petersburg.: :
Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 AM

I visited there once, the medium. You can pm me if you'd like.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 PM

Hey, there! My husband is in FCI Petersburg - Low. I can answer any questions for you.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default Anohter step Closer

Hey ladies, My man is going to the low in August. Any body familar with the programs there for time off?

He is home. Countdown to June 9th Wedding Date
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default Tainted Love Soft Cell

Ok update for fed family, baby arrived earlier that Aug at Petersburg. He is currently at the med in the shu for paperwork not arriving with him. So far there is little family at Petersburg so sticking together works for me any body with info holla. Kimberly, what good hope all is working out for ya and your fiance

Old 06-20-2008, 10:04 PM

I am looking for the info about this pace as well, but it doesn't seen like anyone knows anything about it If you get more info let me know, and I will do the same..Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

hey princess, good to see another person. Baby is currently in the hole due to his paperwork not arriving when he did at the prison. Have not seen him yet will be going down in July. We have to let each other know cause we are a small community.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default Around the way girl LL Cool J

Hey Princess, welcome to PTO first. We must keep each other informed for we are a small community in this big family. I am so glad to see some else in this fourm. My baby has been there for three weeks yesterday and still in the hole cause his paperwork has not arrived with him. How long has your peeps been there and who are they to ya?

Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM

Copy and paste this - BOP: FCI Petersburg Medium - in google and click that link. It tells you just about everything you want to know.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Waiting.....

My man has been there for a long ass time and I know that place inside and out, if you need any info, message me or whatever, I can tell you everything you need to know about Petersburg.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Waiting.....

This is for FCI Medium, I don't know about Low, but I'm assuming it'd be similar:

Visting:
You can't wear light browns at all. No low cut off shirts. Bras must have no wiring, but you must wear one. No hats or scarves and no keys, phone, or pens allowed. Must take off all jewlery before going through the walk thru metal detector. Some hairbands will set the detector off. If you bring money it can't be more than $40 per person and you must carry it in a clear little purse. Hours are between 8am-3pm on weekends and 5-9pm on weekdays. The weekends change from Saturday to Sunday every month. DO NOT get there after 9:20 and before 10:30am on the weekends, you WILL be waiting for count off. You can stay as long as you between those hours listed. And there is a random drug screening before going to see the inmates. If you choose to use the restroom before getting called up to go through the detector, there are NO locks on the bathrooms. Once you get into the visiting room there will be 4 plastic chairs and a little plastic table in between, the inmate has to sit facing the guard in the front. You can sit anywhere else within that group of chairs. You are only allowed two embraces (hugs and a kiss) when he comes and when he leaves If an inmate that is in the "hole" is going to the visitation room, you can count on your inmate taking longer to get there. They put everyone on a lockdown when moving those inmates. And if you are visiting one of those inmates they will be wearing a bright orange outfit (including shoes) and sit in the front beside the CO's desk. If you have any children there is a little TV room for them. There are some vending machines (quite expensive) and he cannot get up to go with you. You can get as much food as you can afford and there is a microwave if you choose to buy food that needs to be heated up. You have to sign in and out when leaving FCI petersburg.

If anyone needs directions getting there, message me and I can tell you what highway to take and where to go. Bring some extra clothing JUST incase you are denied for what you are wearing.

If anymore info is needed, just ask me and I'm willing to post more, I just didn't want to talk anyone's eyes? off, haha.

Info for Low: http://bop.gov/locations/institution...isit_hours.pdf
Info for Medium: http://bop.gov/locations/institution...isit_hours.pdf
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rene.E2008 For This Useful Post:
hopeful64 (06-25-2008), PepsiAddict (08-30-2010), stupidoncomp (10-09-2014), sweetnessva (02-18-2010)
Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default Still Water

Sounds familar to the low he was just in. Question ya did not talk about pictures? Baby loves pics and me too. Also you say sat and sundays switch what does that mean

Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Waiting.....

He can take pictures during visiting hours or outside. He has to have his shirt on and be presentable. Same with visiting, he can be denied to see you if he looks "rough."

If you want to take pictures for him anything is fine as long as the pubic area is covered (but your butt can be hanging out as long as it looks like you are wearing some sort of panty; thong, g string, etc) and nipples aren't shown. You can if you want put his name and # on the back, but I've never had a problem with the mail staff.

If you want to buy him books or magazines you can do so and when completing a form just put his # with his last name and you can't send them Jordans or Nikes. They say it's for saftey reasons.

And with the Sat/Sun thing it changes every month. I don't know what June is currently, but for example if this month's visitation is Saturday, then July will be Sunday, August will be Saturday and so forth. If that makes sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rene.E2008 For This Useful Post:
sweetnessva (02-18-2010)
Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Question I'll never hear the bells The Dells

And with the Sat/Sun thing it changes every month. I don't know what June is currently, but for example if this month's visitation is Saturday, then July will be Sunday, August will be Saturday and so forth. If that makes sense.
Thanks bunches. Now I am planning to be there In july and visit from thursday-sunday are ya saying that it will be on one of the days which will make visit only three days.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Waiting.....

Yup. You can go Monday, Thursday, Friday and either Sunday or Saturday depending on the month.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rene.E2008 For This Useful Post:
hopeful64 (06-27-2008)