Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:11 PM

Default What Happens After Sentencing??

My son has been in San Diego MCC for 7 months, and in the SHU for the past 3 months. He was sentenced 2 weeks ago and we are wondering how long it will take before he gets transferred to his "home" location?
Also, the MCC stopped all of his visits while in the SHU and he is afraid that when he gets to his new location, he still wont be able to get visits.
Does anybody know anything about that??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,974 Times in 11,672 Posts

For me, it took over a month before I was "designated" to my home prison, and then 5 more months of being moved all over the country, through 4 prisons, in chains, before I got where they sent me. That was unusually long, most prisoners have a much quicker/easier time in transit.

His restrictions in his "home prison" will be up to them. Most prisons put new arrivals in the SHU if they were there at their previous prison. If his phone restriction originated from a DHO report after a conduct violation hearing, there is a better chance that it will be enforced at his new prison.

Some wardens want new arrivals to get a fresh start, so there is a chance that his previous punishments won't carry over to his new prison, but you won't know until he arrives.