Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:35 AM

Default Early release and when to file

My husband is eligible for early judicial release. He became eligible after serving 6 months this month in july. His attorney told us he probably wont be granted early release until after serving a year. He was sentenced to 4 years, but his attorney said he will most likely get out in the year. So what im wondering is do you think it best to wait until the one year mark to file or file now or file shortly ahead of time. Im not sure how long the process takes and i wont be able to meet with the lawyer until next month or so.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 02:54 PM

Thanked 1,389 Times in 395 Posts

Listen to your lawyer... I do know here in Cuyahoga county they deny any and all in our position. Good luck!!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:30 PM

Darke county denies even after a year. Denied my son and it was his first offense. He was charged with a felony 1. The judge looked at his juvenile records that were sealed and denied him. He has never been ticketed or in the hole. He made Honors block after 6 months being there, he has been there over a year and his level has been dropped and his transfer was approved. He has also received his diploma from his High School he attended before he was placed in prison.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:20 AM

I know this post is pretty old but does anyone know if Lucas county approves very often? My guy has 3 year 3 months left of a 4 year sentence, he just started his prison time yesterday though so I know he would need to wait at least 180 days from yesterday before trying to get released early.