Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:47 PM

Angry Dv charge while absconding then contraband charge. How long will he serve? (Illinois)

The police arrested him charged him with domestic battery i feel so stupid for calling the had a no contact order on him and yday in court i ask that we can contact each other and they sais yes but couldn't drop charges ok thing is he is on parole and had a warrant prior to the domestic for absconder so cant bond out will have to go to idoc Stateville to see the parole reveiw board after this case which he requested to have a speedy trial n that court date is 2/3 i wrote an affidavit revising my statements to the police he is now in the hole as of tuesday because dumb ass cops didnt get weed off him so they did a shake down and found the weed in the county jail i just want to know how long could he possibly be gone from all this the fight was really nothing just stressed over bills after the holidays im sure we all have been there before and these raging hormones i just found out im 7 weeks pregnant i really started the fight being moody and anxious about bills our kids and regular adult life any insight will be helpful
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,247 Times in 15,255 Posts

How much time did he have on the shelf before he absconded? That time is now on the table as well as the DV and contraband. Its highly possible that he'll be a gone a while. Brace yourself: with the DV charge and you being the victim, there will most likely be no visitation once he hits prison. Breathe!! And hold on, its gonna be a bumpy ride

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Glow2017 (01-20-2017), Sarianna (01-21-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 05:23 AM

Im going to wait thats my baby lol and im not sure what to when the date he absconded i checked in october and thats what it said he was due to be released in November and i checked the county website to where he is being held and it says POSSESS CANNABIS/PENAL INST with a court day that really says 01/20/2019 but im thinking that will be today
Old 01-20-2017, 05:49 AM

a while like many years
Old 01-20-2017, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,623 Times in 11,025 Posts

Nobody can give you an estimate about length of time. We don't know how long he had left on his sentence, but they can make him serve it to the last day, or they can give him various length hits. The DV and contraband, well those can be dealt with in pre-trial and perhaps bargained a bit, but they take absconding seriously, and contraband even more so. The contraband is usually an institutional charge (taken care of in-house), while the DV would be real-world charges. Nobody knows. You'll have to wait a while to find out what the DA is going to offer, and what the prison has in mind.

Then, just so you know, the odds are very high that if he ever is allowed to parole again, he will not be able to see or live with you (at least not initially) because you were the victim of the DV and he cannot have contact with you. So go to the domestic abuse agency near you and start getting some counseling (he will need to do the same inside) to convince everyone that this has been dealt with and everyone is healthier and you can have contact.
chris idoc (01-20-2017), patchouli (01-20-2017), Sarianna (01-21-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:24 AM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 892 Posts

Your comment dumb ass cops didn't get weed off him says a LOT! No matter what happens calling cops dumb asses is not a solution. He is doing and has done shit that is against the law and you are a part of that. In my opinion, you both need to take responsibility for what is going on and not blame others for your misfortunes. I hope whatever happens, you both learn a lesson and get right with yourselves, so you can live a productive future.
chris idoc (01-20-2017), Critter07 (04-12-2017), safran (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 09:48 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,247 Times in 15,255 Posts

Me, personally, if I had pot (or any other contraband substance) on me and knew I was going to jail, I'd give it up rather than go into booking knowing I had it on me and hoping they didn't find it. A Contraband charge is a new felony, not just an "inside charge."

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
chris idoc (01-20-2017), safran (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Donation Award 

Glow,
Based on the pending charges and his criminal history including violation of a no contact order / OOP and absconding from supervision, I would say the Prison Review Board is going to find him to be a parole violator and mandate that he complete the remainder of his sentence within IDOC.

The bright side is that while he is in custody he will earn day for day on the remaining parole time he had from the date the warrant was issued.

The down side is if the Domestic Battery is upgraded to a felony and he is resentenced to IDOC he will have a 4 year parole term and will not be allowed to have any contact with you during that time.

Take Care
Chris
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
Critter07 (04-12-2017), nimuay (01-20-2017), patchouli (01-20-2017), Sarianna (01-21-2017), trauma4us (01-21-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,522 Posts

Hi Glow...how did things turn out?