Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:16 AM

Default Saying See You Soon Again....Not Goodbye

Today is the day we take our son Zach and drop him off at the County Jail before 5pm, so he can start his sentence in prison. I'm breaking inside. Crumbling. I can't fix this. I can't put a bandaid on this. I can't kiss his scrapes. Things I did as he was a child to soothe and comfort him. All I can do this morning, is hug him tight and long, not wanting to let go, telling him how much I love him, does he know how much, telling him to be good and come home as quickly as he can to us. How I will always be there for him, no matter what, I'm just a phone call away and will be waiting for him. At 24, he is still my baby. The tears flow, my heart aches so to see him crying, he does not know what to expect, how to feel at the moment, he is scared. I wish I could take this away from him. I would go in his place if allowed. I have lived, his life had just begin. A good job, a long time girlfriend, never been in trouble before, just for this stupid thing at 18 yrs of age. I wish and pray for more forgiveness in this world. To see a changed person who is remorseful in what they have done. And stays on the right path, I just pray he stays safe and comes home early to us. God watch over him, all the angels in heaven watch over him, guide him. I know not what the plan is You have for him Lord, but this is tearing us and him up inside. Pray for my son please.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZachsMom93 For This Useful Post:
Libby1234 (07-31-2017), miamac (07-19-2017), patchouli (07-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2017, 10:31 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,647 Times in 14,988 Posts

Awww Momma, my heart is breaking for you Its ok to cry...really it is. And when the anger sets in, that's ok too. Its a grieving process and you'll go from mad to sad & back to mad all in 60 seconds or less - repeatedly Roller Coaster of Emotions. Please be sure to let us know how you're doing, vent when you want to, ask questions when you need to....we'll be here when you're ready.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Libby1234 (07-31-2017), MrsDeeKay (07-19-2017), ZachsMom93 (07-22-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 PM

No one will pretend this road is easy - I'm sorry.

My son has been in IDOC for 3+ years now with over 3 years left - heartbreaking. He too is incarcerated for a one night of alcohol-fueled chaos.