Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Default Medication in Kankakee county?

My sister in being held in Kankakee County for bank robbery. She is bipolar. I am wondering if medication is provided there? Or if there is a cost, or if anyone knows who I can call to find this information?

Long story short...she is an addict and does have a history of being creative with other's finances. Our dad is 69 and on a fixed income. He is sending her about $300/month for her medications. It's been almost 2 months.

I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the facility officer I spoke to said they were provided. It's just getting harder for him to fund this expense.

Something just doesn't feel right tho...
Any advice? TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Im not sure if this will help but my husband was initially detained in winnebago county then transferred to cook county. He is on meds for chrons and sleep meds for insomnia. I brought his meds to the jail and they gave them to him. Then when he was transferred to cook xounty they were provided to him. As long as she provides a valid prescription they sbould provide them. Is he putting the money on her books? Because if so then to me it seems like shes using it for commissary.
Hope this helps and im sorry for what your family is going through.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.a.t.72 View Post
Im not sure if this will help but my husband was initially detained in winnebago county then transferred to cook county. He is on meds for chrons and sleep meds for insomnia. I brought his meds to the jail and they gave them to him. Then when he was transferred to cook xounty they were provided to him. As long as she provides a valid prescription they sbould provide them. Is he putting the money on her books? Because if so then to me it seems like shes using it for commissary.
Hope this helps and im sorry for what your family is going through.
Thanks for your response and kind words!
Commissary is what I was thinking too. But that amount seems excessive for food?
She told me that the nurse onsite prescribed the meds, but that it had to be paid for.
Is there something I am missing? She also gave me a 888/604-7888 number to put money on her books asap this morning. Says it's cheaper then the jailatm.com we've been using. Is it possible the money is being funneled to something else? I am totally clueless here.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamax4 View Post
Thanks for your response and kind words!
Commissary is what I was thinking too. But that amount seems excessive for food?
She told me that the nurse onsite prescribed the meds, but that it had to be paid for.
Is there something I am missing? She also gave me a 888/604-7888 number to put money on her books asap this morning. Says it's cheaper then the jailatm.com we've been using. Is it possible the money is being funneled to something else? I am totally clueless here.
Well there is a possibility that it could go for other things. People sell everything in prison. And by sell i mean trade. There is also gambling but i dont know if that is popular with women. Store is quite expensive and could cost a few dollars for 1 item. But i personally agree that 75 a week is excessive. As far as i know everything is provided to them all medical services included. I would pwrsonally go by what the jail says for rhe most accurate answer. And setting upan online account is faster but idk if its cheaper. Ive never used a kiosk.
Edit: is it available through access corrections? Its a small fee i think the last time i paid was 5.95
Its hard. We want to help our LOs but we also have to take care of ourselves. We tend to put ourselves on the backburner. If 300 a month is too much then simply dont do it. You can provide her with all of the support she needs but if your family decides that tge amount is too much then do whats best for you all. Im sorry you have to deal with this but what ive found with this site, although im new, is theres support everywhere. Ill be praying for your family and sister.

Last edited by K.a.t.72; 06-09-2018 at 04:16 PM..