Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,590 Times in 1,962 Posts
Default That dreadful call...

Last night at work, practically all week, I had this anxious feeling I could not shake. My mind kept going to my love so when I had a break, I began to write him a quick letter. I never finished it but left it out to pick up with it when I got up this afternoon.

That feeling was a woman's intuition I suppose. I received a call from the prison late this afternoon. The woman on the other end in the most peaceful voice asked to speak with me, and my heart skipped. She then said, "I have someone here who would like to speak with you." Another skip (of relief but anxiousness as well).

My love told me in the quietest voice that last night was rough and he'd been rushed to the local hospital! I've been concerned about that since he was transferred there and we'd talked about it months ago and he said he was fine but frustrated with everything. I hadn't heard from him in a week and the last letter was received a week after the post mark date (it takes no more than two days for mail to get here). He sounded so tired but relieved. I tried to ask so many questions because I knew he could not speak for long but I let him know I was here and to make sure he's okay.

He won't be allowed to receive or send mail for sometime and now I sit in an unfamiliar place.

This is not what life should be like, yet we continue living.
Critter07 (05-14-2017), fbopnomore (05-13-2017), JordanIman (05-12-2017), patchouli (05-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,521 Times in 4,132 Posts

I'm so sorry. It's something we all try not to give too much energy into thinking about, but we also know it's a possibility and one we dread. Big hugs to you for strength and support, prayers for his speedy recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-12-2017), Renea0428 (05-14-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Carolina traveler

I had to talk to talk to someone so I called his uncle and his dad, and got two different responses. A dry "okay" from his uncle, and a very grateful and understanding conversation from his dad, who thanked me for taking the time to give him a better understanding of everything that's been happening.

I wish I had something to occupy my mind. I don't want to worry but my mind is drifting to the what ifs and whys but I cannot let it all weigh me down. I have to trust that he will be fine and get through this as everything else that has passed. It's the waiting and wondering...
Old 05-12-2017, 05:15 PM

I'm new to this why can he not get mail?
The Following User Says Thank You to JsGal2015 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsGal2015 View Post
I'm new to this why can he not get mail?
If he's at the hospital, he won't be able to send or receive mail, make calls or have visits.

The April 2017 edition of PTO Quarterly is now available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAmazingMrsB For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-12-2017), fbopnomore (05-13-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Carolina traveler

They've released him from the hospital but the major said they will have him on "constant watch". He asked if I received his letter this week, which I haven't so I asked and they were holding his mail for now.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,402 Times in 12,854 Posts

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this...I know how frustrating it can be and how worried you are Sending positive energy for his speedy recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,645 Times in 6,689 Posts

At least he was able to give you a brief call. Some folks don't even get that. I know this is difficult for you. Good vibes headed out for you and him.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
At least he was able to give you a brief call. Some folks don't even get that. I know this is difficult for you. Good vibes headed out for you and him.

That was a surprise with all the problems we've had with GTL, I wasn't sure when his next call would come but I was not expecting this. Most of the staff there are goodhearted and care about the men there. So I appreciated them allowing him to call before I saw anything on the computer that would alarm me and not be able to get clear answers.
fbopnomore (05-13-2017), LifeTraveler (05-13-2017), miamac (05-12-2017), patchouli (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 05:19 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,023 Times in 9,720 Posts

I hope he has recovered from whatever got him sent to the hospital, and "constant watch" is short lived. The important thing is that he was released from the hospital, and he was allowed to call you.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I hope he has recovered from whatever got him sent to the hospital, and "constant watch" is short lived. The important thing is that he was released from the hospital, and he was allowed to call you.

Right now it's the waiting game. For this to happen just before the weekend has me restless otherwise I'd be calling and trying to find out what is going on but I know how this will play out over the next few days.

I'm not worried so much about the "constant watch" as I am them dealing with what's going on with him. I've been calling for the past two weeks and they have told me "they understand my concern but..." so I have the feeling, more will be done sooner than later now. I have never heard that level of exhaustion in his voice before but he tried his best to reassure me in that short time that he was fine. He was more concerned about me not receiving his letters the past week and now so am I. I'd just sent him two earlier in the week, so I'm sure he has not gotten those either. He's a survivor, he's been through so much all these years and keeps pushing.
Critter07 (05-14-2017), fbopnomore (05-13-2017), nimuay (05-13-2017), patchouli (05-13-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,856 Times in 9,460 Posts

Best wishes for both of you, choclogs! Stress like this is so draining and frightening....probably even more for you than him!
choclgs (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 06:39 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,008 Posts

Choclogs- I saw the title of your thread and I had to read your post. I am so glad your love was just released from the hospital. What a relief.
Never never doubt your intuition.
I am sorry this is so stressful for you, but hang in there. We will be here for you.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following User Says Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
Last night at work, practically all week, I had this anxious feeling I could not shake. My mind kept going to my love so when I had a break, I began to write him a quick letter. I never finished it but left it out to pick up with it when I got up this afternoon.

That feeling was a woman's intuition I suppose. I received a call from the prison late this afternoon. The woman on the other end in the most peaceful voice asked to speak with me, and my heart skipped. She then said, "I have someone here who would like to speak with you." Another skip (of relief but anxiousness as well).

My love told me in the quietest voice that last night was rough and he'd been rushed to the local hospital! I've been concerned about that since he was transferred there and we'd talked about it months ago and he said he was fine but frustrated with everything. I hadn't heard from him in a week and the last letter was received a week after the post mark date (it takes no more than two days for mail to get here). He sounded so tired but relieved. I tried to ask so many questions because I knew he could not speak for long but I let him know I was here and to make sure he's okay.

He won't be allowed to receive or send mail for sometime and now I sit in an unfamiliar place.

This is not what life should be like, yet we continue living.
I haven't heard from my man since Weds. He has been in the prison Hospital. I got the call from a Celly of his. My heart is just in pieces not knowing how he is no call no nothing. I called the prison everyday to get the same answer. He needs to sign a Medical Release Form so they can tell me of any health Changes. I'm just so worried right now I know your feeling girl and know exactly what you going through. I'm beyond worried. I'm just waiting on a call from him. 😥😖😞
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemysqueezy For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-14-2017), fbopnomore (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
If he's at the hospital, he won't be able to send or receive mail, make calls or have visits.
I have a Visit set up for tomorrow if he is in the Hospital prison would he be able to see me if released tomorrow morning ?
Old 05-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemysqueezy View Post
I have a Visit set up for tomorrow if he is in the Hospital prison would he be able to see me if released tomorrow morning ?
I would call and check.

The April 2017 edition of PTO Quarterly is now available.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheAmazingMrsB For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-14-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 10:18 PM

Sending you guys prayers for a peaceful quick recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to sprits For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 06:33 PM

Thinking of you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to starshinedarlin For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-14-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Carolina traveler

I was able to speak to his counselor today and my love is doing much better. He's was only "constant watch" for the weekend and they will be transferring him to another facility. This has been a long week and a emotionally draining time with him being at this particular institution.

I appreciate your kind thoughts. This group is awesome!
Classygyrl10 (05-16-2017), fbopnomore (05-17-2017), LifeTraveler (05-17-2017), miamac (05-16-2017), patchouli (05-16-2017), sidewalker (05-19-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,521 Times in 4,132 Posts

Happy to see this update, hun.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,402 Times in 12,854 Posts

Relieved and so glad he's doing better Thanks for letting us know
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-16-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 24,015 Times in 12,473 Posts

Just saw this today.
Im sorry it was so stressful.
But Im glad he's doing better and hopefully the move will be better!

I wish they didnt make it so hard for loved ones to get information regarding inmates who are hospitalized, or to visit them. Or even a phone call once in a while.
One member in particular was just heartwrenching. (its an old thread and a tear jerker)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Carolina traveler

I found out this morning he's been transferred. After almost 30 years in this system, there's a limited amount of places he can go but where he is wasn't all that bad before. Sure the CO made me throw away my earrings the first time I visited there, then had a change of heart after the other one corrected her, but I'd already complied and threw them away they happened to be my favorite pair and I couldn't find a replacement but such is life.

I'm waiting to hear from him, either by mail or phone, but surely it will be mail first because GTL has placed a $10 limit back on the phone line. $10...he talks through that many calls in a day and a half but this is our experience with the phone lately. I'm a little more peaceful than I was a week ago
fbopnomore (05-19-2017), LifeTraveler (05-20-2017), patchouli (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,856 Times in 9,460 Posts

Ah, the power of patience! Glad you've learned it, and well.

If you don't learn it, you perish trying to get the prison system to DO something.
choclgs (05-19-2017), LifeTraveler (05-20-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 02:27 PM

Hello, so happy to see an update from you, I'm sending prayers your way in this difficult time. Peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to sprits For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-19-2017)