Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:26 PM

Default Parole transfer / Interstate transfer from Texas to Arizona

Hello, my fiance is currently in the parole process. He is incarcerated in Texas and I'm living in Arizona. He was to relocate to Arizona prior to his arrest last year. Will a state to state transfer only be approved if we are legally married? Me and my kids would be his only "family" here in AZ. We're in the process of getting married through TDC pending approval; will they honor this to consider his transfer? I'm established here in Arizona both career wise and financially etc. and we both feel it would be wiser for him to transfer here than for both of us starting fresh in Texas. We're also trying and hoping to avoid further separation after his release. Thank you in advance for any advice
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2016, 08:49 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,628 Times in 17,349 Posts

For Interstate Compact, as I understand it, he will have to parole to a family member in Arizona. Getting married at this stage probably will not be of any help. Sorry sweetie

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-29-2016, 07:10 AM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,409 Times in 771 Posts

Also Arizona must be willing to accept him for supervision.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 AM

Yes that's what I was thinking too. I figured marriage during incarceration wouldnt sway them. I guess texas here i come lol
Old 04-29-2016, 08:59 AM

Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts

When I spoke to ICAOS, you can get married while he's inside...but you need to apply for the transfer 120 days
Before his release. You can get married after his release and request transfer, but that depends on how many days he has left.on parole...along with everything else