Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:19 AM

Default Collect Calling?

Just wondering for the Canadians out there...what does your cell phone bill look like? Because I have been searching and searching for rates or a service provider that helps with these collect calls, its getting a little out of hand...Any pointers on what or whom I should contact?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 PM

i highly recommend to anybody with a loved one spending time in a federal prison to get a VOIP line...

we have VONAGE currently but we're switching to talkit.ca very soon b/c its cheaper
they're both basically the same. you pay one time for the modem, then you own it. with Vonage its about $40 a month, where was talkit.ca its $60 for the whole YEAR! you hook it up to your internet router, then hook up a phone to the vonage or talkit.ca modem.
now with vonage you get free long distance anywhere in canada or the US
talkit just has canada but US will be part of it soon.
you get call waiting, call display, 3 way calling, conference calling, forwarding etc for no extra charge

he's in kingston, so we got a kingston area code
& instead of him calling me directly, he calls the kingston # & its 10 cents for the call (local calls are 10 cents, where as long distance calls are 17 cents connection fee + 10c per min) so the money on his phone card lasts alot longer. so everytime he calls me its 10 cents instead of 10 cents per minute
The Following User Says Thank You to sjai For This Useful Post:
Saoirse_06 (09-29-2010)
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM

I'm confused so if I get a homephone with talkit.ca, hook it up to internet and that's it?
I guess it sounds to good to be true
Old 09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Down For Life

Either get the hundred bucks unlimited(which i think is the best) or get a vonage number. Thing that sucks with that though is you have to send him money to buy the cards to phone you and if you run out of time you only get to put money on the card once a month. I've used both.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Pat'sGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Rabbit View Post
Just wondering for the Canadians out there...what does your cell phone bill look like? Because I have been searching and searching for rates or a service provider that helps with these collect calls, its getting a little out of hand...Any pointers on what or whom I should contact?
I stummbled across a website that apparently has deals with collect calling but havent had a chance to check it out for myself. It's canada relink . com
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Baby mama for life , xo
Donation Award 

I use trappcall , my man is in penetang , calls were 11 dollars and now they are 4 dollars a call . On Tuesdays they are only 2 dollars , and they come to my cellphone . I have phone this better then another one .
Old 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjai View Post
i highly recommend to anybody with a loved one spending time in a federal prison to get a VOIP line...

we have VONAGE currently but we're switching to talkit.ca very soon b/c its cheaper
they're both basically the same. you pay one time for the modem, then you own it. with Vonage its about $40 a month, where was talkit.ca its $60 for the whole YEAR! you hook it up to your internet router, then hook up a phone to the vonage or talkit.ca modem.
now with vonage you get free long distance anywhere in canada or the US
talkit just has canada but US will be part of it soon.
you get call waiting, call display, 3 way calling, conference calling, forwarding etc for no extra charge

he's in kingston, so we got a kingston area code
& instead of him calling me directly, he calls the kingston # & its 10 cents for the call (local calls are 10 cents, where as long distance calls are 17 cents connection fee + 10c per min) so the money on his phone card lasts alot longer. so everytime he calls me its 10 cents instead of 10 cents per minute
Can this method be forwarded to my cellphone number? Can you please do a break down of this, i'm a bit confused. Thank you for this very useful information