Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Looking for info on Waseca FCI MN

Just as ever one says...the BOP does what ever they want to. I live in Duluth that has a prison camp...Sandstone FCI is just 70 miles south of me...so they are sending me to Waseca in southern Minnesota which makes no sense. I feel it's just one more way to punish me. If any one has been to...or has a friend or loved one in Waseca...I'd appreciate any information you can give me about the place. I'm guessing it's not much different the information I've got about Sandstone. I self surrender on the 20th of Sep.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 04:47 PM

FIrst of all, welcome to PTO. Just to let you know, I just returned from a 12 month bit at the prison camp in Leavenworth, KS. I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. Go figure. I was expecting Duluth or Yankton.

Anyway, I met many an inmate who was at Waseca. I can tell you this, they have, by far, the best food in the prison system bar none. I have
heard it is a pretty nice place to do your time. I know it used to be a college, and I have also heard it's kept up nice and is very clean. Most of those who came from Waseca would have given anything to go back, and they were supposedly being rewarded for good behavior by being sent to a camp.

Being from Duluth, the weather obviously won't come as a shock to you.

I don't know much else, but I hope that helps. Anything else I can help you with let me know.

All my best.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:02 PM

Thank you...I'm feeling better about it already.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:57 PM

bjidlh,
Glad you finally received your designation even though it wasn't as close as you would have liked. It sounds like a decent camp though, Hang in there and God Speed!
Take care....Tessa
Old 09-10-2005, 11:35 AM

hey bjidlh,
just thought i would let you know my hubby is self surrendering to waseca , september 30 also, write me at kissaberry@yahoo.com...... and maybe you all can at least half way know someone when you go in
lisa
Old 09-11-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Info on Waseca

My husband just went there all the way from Wyoming!!!!! It is 800 miles one way!!!! I took him there and everyone was extremely nice when we got there. They even gave us time to say goodbye! He has told me that it is all right and could be much worse!! If you have a good attitude than they are pretty cool. They do have programs and you can be outside alot. It is dorm style. It used to be an old college. Anyway, I hope this helps. I know how nervous you must feel, but if it helps I think there are way worse places you could be going!!! Good luck!
Mrs A O
Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 AM

It's kind of strange but I do not feel nervous. I think I'm more concern about doing every thing I need to do before leaving...such as giving some one the power of attorney over my affairs...updating my will...and getting my tax information together for the end of the year. I've been putting together a list of address and phone numbers of people that I will want to keep in contact while I'm in prison and plan on mailing them to myself this week. I've got a box of paper back books that I will have sent to me...a little at a time. And have found 3 magazines that I will subscribe to.

I've had 9 months since I plead guilty to work this through my brian and to look at all the angles. I've had a lot of help from people who have been through what I'm about to go through...and ones who have love ones currently in prison. Over all from what I have read about Waseca it doesn't sound to bad. I think your right...it could be worse.

Even though there is two Federal prisons closer to where I live than Waseca...I now feel that I'm lucky to at least be in the same state. I feel sorry for the ones that have to drive from two states away just to spend a little time with their love ones.