Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Nevada prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:52 PM

Default Does he have to send me a visitation form first?

Hello everyone,

I sent an application form to see my boyfriend at HDSP a month ago. I just called to check up on it and the lady told me HE has to fill out a form first in order for me to visit him. Iíve called before and they didnít tell me that, just said it takes 3-6 months to process. Iím so confused. Any help would be apprecited!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2018, 03:31 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,282 Times in 14,838 Posts

He has to request that you be added to his visit list:

Quote:
A. An inmate requesting to receive a visit must first submit an Inmateís Application for Visiting Privileges (DOC-3007) . This is required for each individual the inmate is requesting to include on their respective authorized visitor list...
http://doc.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/docn...2008282017.pdf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Bobbysbabe93 (08-17-2018), Sarianna (08-18-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 11:42 PM

Okay, Iíll tell him 😊 does this mean I have to send in another application once I am on his list?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:30 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,282 Times in 14,838 Posts

I'm not sure..... normal procedure is that if you're approved, they'll let the inmate know & he has to tell you.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'm not sure..... normal procedure is that if you're approved, they'll let the inmate know & he has to tell you.
Hmm okay..thanks for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbysbabe93 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,472 Posts

I am not personally familiar with how Nevada deals with visit applications - but I read through the Visitation Manual that Patchouli linked for you in her initial reply to you - did you read through it? To my understanding as per what the manual says it appears the process goes like this:

1. An inmate requesting to receive a visit must first submit an Inmate’s Application for Visiting Privileges (DOC-3007)

2. The visiting room officer will then complete the top portion of the Inmate Visiting Application form(s) (DOC-3000), initial, date, and mail the form to the prospective visitor(s). The Inmate’s Application for Visiting Privileges (DOC-3007) will be filed by the visiting room officer, awaiting return of the Inmate Visiting Application (DOC-3000).

3. The prospective visitor must mail the completed Visiting Application Form (DOC-3000) to the institution where the inmate is currently being housed for processing.

4.Upon receipt of the prospective visitor’s application, an officer assigned to the visiting room will confirm that the form is complete and that the inmate has submitted a request (DOC-3007) for the prospective visitor.

So to me it sounds like after your boyfriend has filed his application 3007 into the system, the prison will mail you application 3000 (after the Visiting Sergeant has filled in the first part of it) -- which, when you return it to the prison, will be matched with your boyfriend's application 3007 and they will then run the background checks and whatnot in order to approve you.

There is more information available in the manual about what happens when you are approved or denied.

Last edited by Sarianna; 08-18-2018 at 02:08 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Bobbysbabe93 (08-18-2018), patchouli (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
I am not personally familiar with how Nevada deals with visit applications - but I read through the Visitation Manual that Patchouli linked for you in her initial reply to you - did you read through it? To my understanding as per what the manual says it appears the process goes like this:

1. An inmate requesting to receive a visit must first submit an Inmateís Application for Visiting Privileges (DOC-3007)

2. The visiting room officer will then complete the top portion of the Inmate Visiting Application form(s) (DOC-3000), initial, date, and mail the form to the prospective visitor(s). The Inmateís Application for Visiting Privileges (DOC-3007) will be filed by the visiting room officer, awaiting return of the Inmate Visiting Application (DOC-3000).

3. The prospective visitor must mail the completed Visiting Application Form (DOC-3000) to the institution where the inmate is currently being housed for processing.

4.Upon receipt of the prospective visitorís application, an officer assigned to the visiting room will confirm that the form is complete and that the inmate has submitted a request (DOC-3007) for the prospective visitor.

So to me it sounds like after your boyfriend has filed his application 3007 into the system, the prison will mail you application 3000 -- which, when you return it to the prison, will be matched with your boyfriend's application 3007 and they will then run the background checks and whatnot in order to approve you.

There is more information available in the manual about what happens when you are approved or denied.
No, I didnít get a chance to read it yet but thank you for your help. I appreciate it
Old 08-19-2018, 11:51 AM

Thanked 1,001 Times in 566 Posts

You can print one off yourself and send it in. My husband is in HDSP NV and I've just done my daughters visiting form. They are very slow at everything so be prepared for a wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-19-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 02:01 AM

Thanked 1,001 Times in 566 Posts

I meant to say also that the inmate no longer sends the form out to you
Old 09-03-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbysbabe93 View Post
Hello everyone,

I sent an application form to see my boyfriend at HDSP a month ago. I just called to check up on it and the lady told me HE has to fill out a form first in order for me to visit him. I’ve called before and they didn’t tell me that, just said it takes 3-6 months to process. I’m so confused. Any help would be apprecited!
I just went through this process, I had also downloaded a form to send in but I called and was told if they receive an application without the inmate doing the form first they just throw it away. So I had my son do his form , about three weeks later I received an application in the mail and I sent mine in , about three weeks after that I was approved. I just returned home from my first visit. There was some waiting time but the process worked. This was for SDCC in Las Vegas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide67 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-03-2018)