Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks_queen View Post
Awesome email (standing ovation)!!
Thanks I am just so frustrated with this place and they have no common sense in dealing with situations that can be dealt with in such a different manner and results can be positive for all. Hopefully something happens.. I hope we all email, mail and call (although when I called just got the jump around to other people) the regional office. If anyone has any local media contact as well we can get that going. I am looking at civil rights organizations as well and any politicians that may have any leniency for prisoners and their rights so if anyone knows anything please share so that we can contact as a united group.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to litaM For This Useful Post:
Anne.Lavidaloca (08-15-2018), blacks_queen (08-15-2018), JestHis (Yesterday), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (08-15-2018), Yennifer711 (08-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 12:42 PM

Beautiful email!

Local news outlet:
news@wjhl.com
Investigative stories: inyourcorner@wjhl.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allfruitsripe16 For This Useful Post:
Anne.Lavidaloca (08-15-2018), blacks_queen (08-15-2018), litaM (08-15-2018), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfruitsripe16 View Post
Beautiful email!

Local news outlet:
news@wjhl.com
Investigative stories: inyourcorner@wjhl.com
Thanks and for the info as well ..
The Following User Says Thank You to litaM For This Useful Post:
allfruitsripe16 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litaM View Post
Sorry did not mean to confuse anyone IDK if the shu is full or not, that is just part of my complaint. Here is my email I have sent:
Ms. Angela Dunbar,

I am writing to you in hopes that the situation at USP Lee Federal Prison in Jonesville, VA is made better. The situation with the treatment of the prisoners is such that it is creating an even more volatile environment for both the inmates and the staff. The continual lockdowns for days due to new inmates being bused in and violence occurring is ridiculous. This process obviously needs to be changed on a management level not with the inmates. Those that are not involved and are trying to manage are being treated the same as those that are involved which situational wise is an unjust decision. They are denied commissary, access to the phone calls, showers, educational programs the list goes on. Those with positive attitudes and a calming presence for others are now becoming the frustrated, angry and aggressive inmates due to lac
communication with their loved ones. All policies in place advocate for continual family/friends contact and this is being denied to all by a few.

At all times, mail is being held away from them and mail they are sending out to loved ones is held in the same manner. We receive unsealed envelopes, delayed mail, multiple mail in a day with different dates and so on. This is something many of us have expressed a concern and a lack of attention has been brought to this matter. We feel even if they are on a lockdown when they are able to receive and send out correspondence in a timely manner this would help staff with having more manageable inmates, this is a common sense approach. I personally have contacted the post office and am aware that the mail is picked up every business day by staff from USP Lee and they are aware that some mail from inmates is left open the US post office employee puts a piece of tape to seal it. Is this not a definition of “Mail Tampering” that the prison itself is breaking? According to the United States Postal Inspection Service, mail tampering is any obstruction that potentially prevents the legal pickup and delivery of mail by a postal worker. This includes damage to or destruction of a mailbox, delivering mail or other items to a mailbox through any means other than the postal service, mail fraud, mail theft or submitting a false change of address to the postal service. The Legal Information Institute at Cornell University Law School notes that anyone who knowingly or willingly obstructs the passage of mail through the postal service could face a fine or imprisonment for up to six months. Destruction of a mailbox or of the mail within a mailbox can result in up to three years in prison. Are they not held to the same standard as we all are?
In closing our questions in a collective voice is this: What can you do to help us? What do we need to do in order to receive assistance in these matters? Do we need to go to the Media? Public Civil Right Organizations? Congress? We are not going away and will continue to push forward with or without your assistance but we feel we need to give you another opportunity to do your job and change this environment at USP Lee. I await a genuine response in regards to our concerns with the hope of continuing to make USP Lee a better place for all.

Thank you,
Any response to your email?
Old 08-16-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLadyLove View Post
Any response to your email?
Not yet, i also sent a copy in the mail yesterday. I am giving it until next week for a response. If not i am gonna go to the local media to see if they will run a story?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to litaM For This Useful Post:
Anne.Lavidaloca (08-16-2018), blacks_queen (08-16-2018), Yennifer711 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 AM

Called up today to see if any updates in coming out before, but got the same response monday their coming out most likely...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yennifer711 For This Useful Post:
allfruitsripe16 (08-16-2018), Anne.Lavidaloca (08-16-2018), blacks_queen (08-16-2018), litaM (08-16-2018), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennifer711 View Post
Called up today to see if any updates in coming out before, but got the same response monday their coming out most likely...
This is totally not directed at you but that way visits are done with, no one actually has to work and then Tuesday a bus rolls in, so a fight can happen and they go back on lockdown... typical clockwork for these SOB's... sorry ladies just had to vent a bit!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to litaM For This Useful Post:
Anne.Lavidaloca (08-16-2018), blacks_queen (08-16-2018), Yennifer711 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Not yet, i also sent a copy in the mail yesterday. I am giving it until next week for a response. If not i am gonna go to the local media to see if they will run a story?
Sounds like an idea! Trust me news outlets around here jump on stories cause they have nothing else to report on
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsLadyLove For This Useful Post:
Anne.Lavidaloca (08-16-2018), litaM (08-16-2018), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:15 PM

I have send a mail to Louis ferrante if he could give us some advice for Helping us . Hope he’ll answer.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne.Lavidaloca View Post
I have send a mail to Louis ferrante if he could give us some advice for Helping us . Hope he’ll answer.

Who is that?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks_queen View Post
Who is that?
Louis Ferrante is a former Gambino family mobster who, after spending eight years in prison, successfully appealed his conviction and became a bestselling true crime, business, and science writer. He hosts his own show airing on Discovery Networks International in 195 countries and was nominated for a Grierson Trust Award which is the highest documentary award in the United Kingdom, known as "the Oscars of the documentary world."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anne.Lavidaloca For This Useful Post:
blacks_queen (08-16-2018), litaM (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
This is totally not directed at you but that way visits are done with, no one actually has to work and then Tuesday a bus rolls in, so a fight can happen and they go back on lockdown... typical clockwork for these SOB's... sorry ladies just had to vent a bit!
Oh I think they hate doing visits because it ties so many of them up....they don’t really need 4 officers sitting in the visiting room watching.... just silly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsLadyLove For This Useful Post:
litaM (08-16-2018), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Oh I think they hate doing visits because it ties so many of them up....they don’t really need 4 officers sitting in the visiting room watching.... just silly
Especially after hearing n knowing how visits are done in other states...These contunous LD's are sooo emotionally draining...on them n us...and at some point I'm sure even the CO's are tired of the "drama" LD's cause...I prayed for all of them even the Warden this morning...that he'll n they'll have compassion...and understanding...
The Following User Says Thank You to THEDRSBRIDE1175 For This Useful Post:
litaM (Yesterday)
Old 08-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Hi!! Do they suspend the visitation privileges often??
Old 08-16-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJess_86 View Post
Hi!! Do they suspend the visitation privileges often??

Very often. Anytime it’s a incident, fight visit is suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to blacks_queen For This Useful Post:
QueenJess_86 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Agrer with all that plus they dont wamt the inmates to have visits-they dont want them to feel like they are cared about or have anyone in their corner which goes for thw mail issues and how they stopped books and mag's for a while and I know people (myself included) that have been turned away from visits for bs or no reasons at all just bc the CO's dont like that inmate or whatever. I believe their goal is to do nothing more than break them dowm as much as possible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JestHis For This Useful Post:
Anne.Lavidaloca (Yesterday), blacks_queen (Yesterday), litaM (Yesterday), Yennifer711 (Yesterday)