Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Illinois prison system.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Mandatory Supervised Release?

I have a brother currently incarcerated in the Illinois Department of Corrections. He negotiated a 5 year sentence, and then when he got to prison, he learned he also had 2 years mandatory supervised release in addition to his 5 years at 85%. He has asked me to look into this, as he says there are several fellow inmates who have successfully gotten post conviction relief and gotten new plea agreements that include the mandatory supervised release period...In other words, he would get a deal for 3 years incarceration and 2 years mandatory supervised release(5 years total). Does anyone know about this, and has anyone's friends or loved ones currently incarcerated received this kind of relief?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 04:25 PM

I would also be interested in the mechanics and possible results of a Post Conviction Relief Petition. Since the loss of our sentence reduction appeal, this is going to be our next step. Has anyone had any luck with this vehicle and how did they go about addressing the prejudice issue in the process? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 AM

I can get some info from Roger on this as he has filed the appeal and is waiting to get the answers.

He had 3 years tacked on the end of his sentence. So hopefully there will be some relief somewhere.

When I get the info from him, I will be sure to pass it along.