Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The Best Diet
Low Calorie/ Low Fat 75 19.69%
Low Carb/ High Protein 97 25.46%
Jenny Craig ( or other pre- packaged diets) 4 1.05%
Liquid Diet (Medifast/ Slimfast) 17 4.46%
Weight Watchers 83 21.78%
Other 105 27.56%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM
No Regrets

We did the biggest loser contest at work for 3 months. We did body eat % lost to make it more fair for everyone (no men allowed) I didnt win but I did lose 58 lbs in the 3 months. All I did was but out white bread, potatoes, pasta and sodas. I stopped eating meals. (I felt more hungry the first week but got use to it) I ate a snack every 2 hours. I started walking for an hour every other day for 2 weeks. Then increased the time to two hours and slowly added in more days. The hardest part about that diet was making myself eat every two hours. Its hard when you're not hungry...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rommie For This Useful Post:
Maushel (06-28-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

I voted Weight Watcher's ( I just lost 25 pounds and easily). The prepackaged meals would work BUT, they don't teach you anything. Weight Watcher's educates you on what to eat. That you really really need once you meet your goal. Otherwise your going to balloon right back up.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 PM

NONE! Healthy, nutritious eating and regularly exercise!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Life,love,stress&setbacks

Just quit eating CRAP and get active.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 PM

Last year I was actually in a weight loss competition here in town. I worked out with a trainer 3 days a week as well as every other day on my won but as far as "diet" I tried to stick to low carb, low fat, high protein and kept my calories between 1200-1400 a day depending on how vigorous a workout I did. My biggest problem is trying to stay away from sweets! Between February and August I lost 90 pounds but then kind of fell off for a few months and gained back 30. Now that my man is gone I've tried to get back into the groove so I can lose at least the 30 pounds if not more this summer! I have found that the myfitnesspal app is amazing (for counting calories, water intake, calories burned) and the website has some great support! It's kind of like facebook for dieting lol
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up Diet-To-Go!!! Low-calorie meal-delivery!!!

I'd never had any real issues with my weight until about ten years ago when I started taking medication(s) for depression and anxiety. At one time, I was actually 100lbs over my "preferred" weight (which is set a little higher than my "healthiest" weight, but is where I feel most comfortable.)

I hate dieting, cooking, counting, and otherwise obsessing over food and/or weight. I do like to exercise, but it's hard to counter weight gain with only exercise if you're taking in too many calories.

I've been on a "modified" Atkins diet -- I cut out bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes -- lost a lot of weight and put it right back on again. It was to be expected; that's a plan that can't be sustained over a lifetime.

I've been on Weight Watchers twice, and I think it's one of the best diets out there. It really does work. But I personally didn't stick to it well enough, and I doubt that I would ever try it again at this point.

What ultimately worked for me was:
Diet-To-Go (http://diettogo.com/). It's a low-calorie diet that's also a meal-delivery service. OMG!!! I lost 40lbs in six months without effort. I mean, NO EFFORT. I didn't even go to the gym. It may seem expensive, but if a person can afford it, what you get is 100% worth the money. It's convenient, you get EVERYTHING you need to eat all week, the food is EXCELLENT, and it's very flexible with no commitments required.

This diet really hit me with a lot of revelations about calories, portion control, and healthy eating in general. Basically, it provided a model of the best way to eat, and as long as I keep replicating it, I'm good.

~ Maushel

Last edited by Maushel; 06-28-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 PM

i think the good old fashioned "if you eat it, work it off" works best but my mom lost over 100 lbs through weight watchers. When my fiance got arrested i went on a diet and lost 30 lbs (he loved ice cream and watching movies so i gained quite a bit while we were together on the outside) i think any diet will work if youre willing to work hard and not give up. The hardest thing is a diet is more of a change of lifestyle. If you stop dieting then youll gain back what you lost, just my personal opinion. Loved yoga and did corny exercise videos haha but it worked like a charm
Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Faith Filled

The hcg diet and it helped teach myself to cut out Sugar, and Starches! LOVE IT!!!!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:12 AM

Eating low carbs is the best kind of diet ever.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Im on Keto Im also a Yoga instructor. With age I cannot hang with the cardio anymore I am a Zumba instructor but my niece just cannot handle that anymore so I had to make some serious changes and quick because my weight was spiraling.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Coopers disciple

Low carb/no added sugar/no chemical sweeteners works very well for me. I also try to eat not as much meat as I used to and mostly eco friendly produce.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:41 PM

I don't have a strict diet that I follow even if I want to lose weight, I just eat moderately. I am not that of a fan of sweet food.