Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Is he incarcerated in a different state?
Yes, and it's hard on both of us. 913 81.01%
No, thank goodness! 214 18.99%
Voters: 1127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2012, 10:40 AM

He is here in california,so am I but about 2 hours away past the grapevine and I get car sick easily.so ots hard for me to visit
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Account Closed

My Sunshine is in California and I live in Italy. I've never visited him yet. I'm collecting info for the "Big Flight" but I'm sure it's going to be really expensive... Anyway, I'll go there sooner or later! That's for sure!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSweetie
My Sunshine is in California and I live in Italy. I've never visited him yet. I'm collecting info for the "Big Flight" but I'm sure it's going to be really expensive... Anyway, I'll go there sooner or later! That's for sure!
Italy?Wow...that's far LOL.But that shows love knows no distance.
The Following User Says Thank You to mslaura0828 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 PM

My man is in NJ, and I'm in NC. Going for my first, (and probably only) visit at the end of this month. I cannot WAIT to see him!! But thankfully he gets out in August, so I think I can live with only making the trip once.

Greg's Girl
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stresskilla
my man is in nj, and i'm in nc. Going for my first, (and probably only) visit at the end of this month. I cannot wait to see him!! But thankfully he gets out in august, so i think i can live with only making the trip once.
where in nj?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlythelonely
mine is in another state, 400 miles/7 hours. He can be transferred to my state but he will still be fairly far away 250 miles/4 hours. A bit of a pain in the butt to drive but we are lucky to get to visit 3 days in a row/7 hours each day.
yes u are lucky! Which state is this
Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 PM

Me and my love are both in the same state and I am so thankful for that! We visit once a month and its a 3-4 hr drive one way and I only get a 2 or 3 hr visit once a month w him. But its so worth it. If I could afford to do it more often I sure would. Still got 3.5 yrs left of this and have 3.5 done just about so almost halfway thru this!! YAY!!! Cant wait to get over that halfway hump!!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

My husband is in Montana and I am in Florida. I just flew up here last Friday and got to see him for the first time in 3 months! It was great! I'll be leaving in about 2 weeks. They allow you to visit 5 times a week here. For 5 to 6 hours....that's a two So I'm getting as many visits in now before I leave. Not sure when I will be back as it does cost so much to fly and be up here. Luckily, I have in laws here that I am able to stay with.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:32 PM

Yea I'm in illinois and he's in manchester kentucky 6hrs away..
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM

My husband of 27 years is in AR & I'm in GA. His jacket is going before the parole board 2/22/2012 & if approved he will be applying for Interstate Compact transfer back to GA where we were both born & raised & have lived our whole lives. I'm praying that things go well & he gets approved in time to make an early kick out the beginning of this summer! Due to a lack of funds, I probably won't be visiting him until I go to pick him up & bring him home. He's been in Brickeys for about a month & still hasn't got to call me. I'll settle for letters and phone calls and keep my fingers crossed that things go smoothly & I pick him up this summer! Right now just hearing his voice would be wonderful!!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:48 PM

I am in IL he is in NY. I havent visited yet but hopefully within the next few months we will have one. It's hard being long distance and expensive.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM

In the moment I am in Europe(job) and he is in Texas, but the summer will come soon and I will go back to Texas and we will be able to have our visit every weekend again. I cant wait for this. I miss him so hard
Old 01-09-2012, 04:41 PM

My hubby is Arizona and I am in California 9hrs away
Old 01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
is it over yet?

We are only two hours away from each other. Bless those of you who have to travel the long distances!! I don't know what I'd do...

The Following User Says Thank You to W8n4LPP For This Useful Post:
puppyluv (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM

I'm in DC and he's in NC. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive if I do decide to go, but he's not going to be there long so I don't know if I'll even go because IDK if his visitor list will clear in time anyway.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepswife View Post
My husband of 27 years is in AR & I'm in GA. His jacket is going before the parole board 2/22/2012 & if approved he will be applying for Interstate Compact transfer back to GA where we were both born & raised & have lived our whole lives. I'm praying that things go well & he gets approved in time to make an early kick out the beginning of this summer! Due to a lack of funds, I probably won't be visiting him until I go to pick him up & bring him home. He's been in Brickeys for about a month & still hasn't got to call me. I'll settle for letters and phone calls and keep my fingers crossed that things go smoothly & I pick him up this summer! Right now just hearing his voice would be wonderful!!
Is this his first time before the parole board? I am nervous about that myself when my husband goes before the board. We have thought about a compact transfer but have held out.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Ashnbrandan

I am in NC and my man is in PA..about a 10 hour drive. He has been in since Sept and I will hopefully be able to visit him in Feb. If he doesn't win his appeal I am mostly likely transferring my job to PA so I can visit him every week. I can't take only seeing him a few times a year!!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnbrandan
I am in NC and my man is in PA..about a 10 hour drive. He has been in since Sept and I will hopefully be able to visit him in Feb. If he doesn't win his appeal I am mostly likely transferring my job to PA so I can visit him every week. I can't take only seeing him a few times a year!!

Where in PA? That's where I live
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM

Default I know this is an old thread but...

I am in NY and my fiance is in TN. I have not seen him in 14months. I gave birth to our daughter 6months ago. He went down to TN shortly after we found out I was pregnant and got caught up and I havent seen him since Boy do I regret bringing him to the bus station
Anyways... does anyone have any advice? I've done time with him before (yes, he is not new to jail) but it was in NY and the furthest I ever had to drive was 4hours and I didnt have an infant then. I want so badly to go see him but to drive that far with a baby would be awful and the jail he is at has the most expensive phone calls so we hardly ever get to talk (besides letters). Where he is now they are non contact visits and I think that would hurt us both, I know he wants to hold his daughter and I want to hug him SO bad. When he gets sentenced and transfered I will go see him but not as often as I would like probably. He wants me to move down there but I'd be all alone and my family is up here... I'm not sure what to do... I miss him so much
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM

Yeah my man is is prison in MD and I live in NYC about 4 hrs away. And I have made the choice to relocate so I can be closer to him.

Sent from my Evo Shift 4g using PrisonTalk
Old 01-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Relocating is a huge step. Especially with a baby. Decisions, decisions....
Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Ashnbrandan

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlost24

Where in PA? That's where I live
He's at Camp Hill right now about to be sent out to his home prison. He's thinking he will be going to Somerset, he should be shipped out within the next week or so. Until then we won't know for sure.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 AM
HEHOLDSTHEKEYTOMYHEART

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyLuv View Post
Me and my love are both in the same state and I am so thankful for that! We visit once a month and its a 3-4 hr drive one way and I only get a 2 or 3 hr visit once a month w him. But its so worth it. If I could afford to do it more often I sure would. Still got 3.5 yrs left of this and have 3.5 done just about so almost halfway thru this!! YAY!!! Cant wait to get over that halfway hump!!!!
You really have a great attitude. Keep it up!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 AM

My husband is 580 miles away.. I am so happy to see him, but when the last day of visiting rolls around I literally dread the "ladies & gentlemen visit is now over" ughh. I cried pretty hard the first time I went on what I thought was my last visit day..I was able to get another visit in tho and cried again..the last time his gma was with me I held it in for an entire day as soon as I got in my room I cried.. I hate crying in front of him..I think it hurts him.. Now I go back in a month...I see him every 3-5 months..

Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 AM

My love is 1123 (17hr) miles away I am in Texas and he is in Florida. I miss him to pieces more and more every day. I try to look at each day that gose by as one day closer to him being home in instead of x amount of days since I seen him last.

<3 him!