Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Is he incarcerated in a different state?
Yes, and it's hard on both of us. 935 81.16%
No, thank goodness! 217 18.84%
Voters: 1152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2015, 11:37 AM
I Adorn Him

Default He in Arkansas and I in New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbostonsgrl View Post
I was just wondering how this might effect how often you visit, and when you do if it's harder to say goodbye at the end of the visit.

I'm flying to Michigan for my first visit to see my man next Friday. I'll see him Friday (fresh off the plane...just couldn't wait) and Saturday, but due to some drama in his family I might not get to see him again during my vacation like he and I hoped. I know I'll cry when I leave that day because I'm not sure if I'll get to come back later during the week and who knows when I'll be able to come back to Michigan next.

Background to our story: I grew up in Michigan, so I still have friends there, he's there (I met him when I was 14), and his family is there (I'm close with his mom and his sister). My point is that I'm not just going to Michigan to see him, but he was my motivation behind the trip. Where I will be staying for a majority of the trip is 3 hours away from where he is. I just found out his sister was denied visitation, but his mom was approved and I have a feeling she is going to use not having a car as an excuse. Also, no one has gone to see him since he left county jail more than a year ago. He wants me to visit him again before I leave, but by that time I will have already gone above and beyond to see him in the first place. I was really depending on his mom and sister to be my way.
My love is now in Arkansas while I am in New Jersey - that 1300 miles apart. I have been able to visit him just twice in 2 years because one - the drive is long and two - need to get the money together to stay at a hotel. Hinm and I actually separated back in 2009 when he was still in California because he still had 11 years on his sentence and it was so far away from California. But in 2014 after I married and divorced realizint that I love my love - we got back together. He is now at Arkansas. I took a loan on my 401K to make the three day visit. It was very hard to say good bye - I cried both time I went. He is in the feds so I cant hold his hand, kiss him or even sit next to him. But seeing his smile and just talking to him in person is heaven to me. Saying good bye tears at my heart.
Little history - he was going to married a woman that has a child by his older brother and asked him to marry her. He didn't love her but he said that he was lonely and I he had asked me to go and I did. I had married - as he keeps reminding me. So he broke it off with her and now we are due to get married in October. I know that you can't help who you love - and I plan on finishing this ride out with him. He still has about 7 years but once we are married he will move closer and I will continue to visit as often as I can.
I have no family or friends close to him and his family is in Llas Vegas and New York. I can't find anyone that wants to take the trip there with me so I end up flying and renting a car to go visit. It costs alot but it is worth seeing my love regardless if we can't touch each other except at the beginnnig and the end.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:34 AM
Donation Award 

I'm in IN and he's in SC.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:17 PM

My husband has been incarcerated in NY since April 2015.....We were planning on leaving the state whn da kids finished school in June....Due to our circumstances in NY.....I had to still relocate to Georgia with our 4 children.....Although, he's sad tht we're gone....He knows tht I had to go.....But, I feel like I abandoned him.....even though he was the one tht messed up.....If all goes well.....He should be home August 2018.....Gonna be da LONGEST 3 yrs og my life.....WE MISS HIM!!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:29 AM

Red face Byron blanco bear

My love is in another State and even tho hes far away, I can feel him breathing and it aches, his heart beats are loud at times, and it makes me sad inside, for he could be in trouble or in danger of some kind..Pennsylvania the state and that's far away, but his letters keep me going each and everyday...
I know GOD will make a way to set him free or cut short his out date.
MzMidwest (09-17-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 03:39 PM

Red face I'm in NYC...he's in OH

It's been frustrating at times but we keep in touch primarily via JPay & calls. He used to write snail mail but got spoiled with email so I now send him packages with silly newspaper clippings & pics of me (with the occasional "naughty" one snuck in between). We've done a few JPay video visits but they tend to be wonky. Regardless, we're in constant touch but I won't lie. There are days when I just want to feel his warmth and smell his scent and it drives me nuts having him so far! We've never even met face-to-face (I know...crazy!) and from what I understand where he's currently incarcerated they don't allow touching. So even though I plan to visit him next month the torture will continue. Lord give me strength!
Old 08-16-2015, 02:37 AM
Arohanui Pepa
Donation Award 

We dont have states here. Just towns and cities etc. But there isnt a prison in every town or city, so pretty much no matter what prison a LO is in, its going to be a drive My darling is a about a 3 hour drive away. But we dont visit anyway. been three years and I havent seen him once. He finds it way too hard for me to turn up then leave without him. Ive also been though it all before with my EX, and I find it damn hard to leave too.
My darling comes home very soon though, so its all good

Old 10-05-2015, 10:48 PM
[url=https://www.TickerFa

I am in Tennessee and he is in Florida 10 hours away. It is hard because it is so expensive, but hoping to go visit at the 1st of the year
Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 AM

Default 18 hrs apart!!!

He's in NY and I'm in GA but have already planned (purchased tix) to go see him next month!! It's been 6 months since we've started talking and I never would've thought that I'd be going that far to see someone
Old 10-26-2015, 05:02 AM

Thank God we're both in NY....right now he's only a three hour drive away. During the good seasons (spring, summer and most of the fall), I go to see him every weekend. In the cold snowy winters, I try to make it at least once a month; but that doesn't always happen because they get a lot more snow and the winters are even more harsh where he is...up by the Canadian border. Hopefully, this winter will be better since I just ordered studded snow tires for my car!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Dez For This Useful Post:
sweetfla (10-26-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 10:08 AM

He's in Ohio and I'm in Canada, about a 10 hour drive away. Thankfully we have video visits so we've been getting by on those, but I plan on visiting him in early 2016 once I get my new car because the one I have now I'm not feeling secure enough to make that long of a drive.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:28 AM
*Kairos Outside Volunteer
Donation Award 

He's about 45 minutes to an hour away from home. It's not too far at all. The traffic is just really horrible at times.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 AM
98% mean :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,422 Posts

He is on a different continent from me. We manage regular visits plenty of calls,letters and emails.
To be with you will save the day
'Cos I know
When I'm with you again
You just steal my heart away

Old 11-15-2015, 05:18 AM

Default Miles away:(

Well I'm in a different country altogether I'm in England uk and my man is in Allenwood pa and my love for him is so strong am going to visit him after Christmas.yikes first time on a plane too
Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Off to the Races
Donation Award 

As of yesterday, he was extradited back to Washington state. I've not heard his voice in two and a half weeks, and I haven't received a letter from him yet.

Considering he's on the other side of the country, visiting will obviously be next to impossible.

I had to call about twenty different numbers in WA just to get information to contact him; he hasn't even been to court yet so chances are I'll have to repeat this process all over again...and hopefully still be able to locate him. I'm hoping I can get a letter to him in time so that he'll at least have my address because I doubt he has it memorized. It was on the letters I sent him while he was in county here, but I don't know if they let him take anything when they moved him from SC to WA.

He was extradited due to parole violation, and considering his criminal history I'm betting that he'll be going back in.

We could run away together

Where we could be ourselves forever
Girls like me were born to be untamed and free,
But I still want the other half who completes me.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:34 PM

My Ruben is in Greenville Illinois and I'm in Omaha Nebraska it's not super far but I don't know how to drive and he knows this. So it really sucks. It's even worse because he wants me to visit him and there is no bus or plane or train or anything that goes straight to Greenville. So unless he gets transferred again I won't get to visit him which pains me to say.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:59 PM

Luckily we are in same state, 5 hours apart
Old 12-21-2015, 05:59 AM

I am in Mass and he is in northern Vermont, but it's better than Florida where he was. At least now I can visit him weekly.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:47 AM

Currently we are in the same state, but within the next 48-72 hours he will be in Iowa (I'm in Missouri). One sentence down, one to go!
Old 12-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Registered Loser

I'm in California, he's in Arizona : ( but it's only a two hour flight. I see him every three months
Old 01-23-2016, 12:50 AM

Im in Boston ma and they sent my hubby to Lewisburg Pa... The 9 hour drives each way once a month kills me financially but him and our kids are all that matters. So until he walks outta the system this is what i will do nmw...
Old 01-23-2016, 01:59 PM

im in arizona and he.is.in california.. i am.a singlr.mom of three boys no transpo year and fixed low.income havent.seen my love in a
Old 06-18-2016, 06:28 PM

Yes! He's in Georgia and I'm in Louisiana. I just visited him and it was great. Trying to squeeze out two more visits. One is most definitely and the other is on a hope and a prayer. Hopefully I'll be able to visit five times a year. That's my plan. I just have to save in advance.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:41 AM

Unhappy Missing my husband

My husband is in Oklahoma and I'm in Texas I can't see him BC its a 7 hr drive and its only a 20 min video visit he's suppose to be getting transfered back to Texas since we went to Oklahoma for his nieces graduation and hit a road block and he went to jail and he didn't have permission to leave the state we don't know when they will transfered they keep giving us a run around
Old 06-20-2016, 11:46 PM

Default Daddy's taken away from young children

My husband is in oakdale la. I'm in mobile al. It was hard when he left because he was on house arrest for 7 months before and was forbidden from seeing his children until after court. He has a 9 month old son he hasn't seen since he was 3 weeks old. This is very hard on us. His daughter is a big time daddy's girl and does not understand where daddy went. We tell her daddy is at work (he used to go out of town to work alot)I'm scared that at thier age they might forget who daddy is or be scared when they do see daddy again. What do you tell your LO if you have one so young and this happens and how to you keep them from forgetting who daddy is? He has 11 months left and has been gone 2 months plus the 7 months on house arrest.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:53 PM

Im in nyc and bae is in washington state this really sucks and being that i dont drive. WHERE hes being transferred to is in the woods 20 plus miles away from it all, even the hotels.