Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Hey does anyone know how many pages are we allow to put in one envolope??
I normally put 5-6 pages I know they are allowed 25 pics.in one go ,only White paper and White envelopes for my hubby, they remove The stamps before giving him The letter so I do not shop for pretty stamps anymore, most of his cards and letters gets photocopied .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanevert View Post
I normally put 5-6 pages I know they are allowed 25 pics.in one go ,only White paper and White envelopes for my hubby, they remove The stamps before giving him The letter so I do not shop for pretty stamps anymore, most of his cards and letters gets photocopied .
O ok. Thank you that helps alot im about to print out my pictures now
Old 01-17-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
O ok. Thank you that helps alot im about to print out my pictures now
AT his last prison he was only allowed 10 pics.so If your fella gets moved check what applys to that peticular prison! AT The prison before that one I could write on coloured paper and The stamps stayed on The evelopes
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
AT his last prison he was only allowed 10 pics.so If your fella gets moved check what applys to that peticular prison! AT The prison before that one I could write on coloured paper and The stamps stayed on The evelopes
Ok i just called the prison they can get 25pics in one evolope.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmusej For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-17-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 10:52 AM

I haven't heard from my LO in a few days...anyone eles not getting calls or emails? I called the prison but of course they don't answer.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:13 AM

Last time I heard from mine was yesterday 3.30pm....
The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagogypsy View Post
I haven't heard from my LO in a few days...anyone eles not getting calls or emails? I called the prison but of course they don't answer.
I got a email at 9:50am this morning
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmusej For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:49 AM

Can someone tell me what was the sight we can go to to send our LO's pictures????
Old 01-18-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Can someone tell me what was the sight we can go to to send our LO's pictures????
I use pigeon only or I just print them out at Walgreens. The pigeon only site has been acting up for me lately so Iíve just been using Walgreens but when itís works I like it.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I got a call this morning and two emails since then
The Following User Says Thank You to LynnrussT For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnrussT View Post
I use pigeon only or I just print them out at Walgreens. The pigeon only site has been acting up for me lately so Iíve just been using Walgreens but when itís works I like it.
Ok im going on there now. I couldnt remember what the site was that u guys were telling me a few days ago. Thank u.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Hey im on the phone with the prison now u want me to ask something hurry.... ok the guy that answered said they are not on LD

Last edited by Mrsmusej; 01-18-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Old 01-18-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Ok im going on there now. I couldnt remember what the site was that u guys were telling me a few days ago. Thank u.
Youíre welcome
Old 01-18-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I got a call this morning and two emails since then
Spoke to my hubby this morning and since 10 e-mails but he had not recived my morning mail but after 10 am all worked fine
The Following User Says Thank You to susanevert For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-18-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 12:23 AM

Hello everyone. Sorry for not being on here lately. I'm really busy with school so I won't be on here for days or weeks at a time. I wanted to give you all an update about my LO. I was informed by another inmate that knows him that he's ok but he's in the hole awaiting transfer to another institution. He's still at Big Sandy for right now until they move him. Here's an update about me: School has been stressing me out already but I'm trying to do my best to make it through. It's already the 2nd week of the semester and I have 14 assignments from 3 classes that I have to do. I'm getting headaches now and it's really bothering me but I'm going to make it through this semester since I'm not going to drop out again. After this semester, I will have 4 classes left and then, I will be done with my 2nd Associate degree either Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 but I will keep you all updated. I haven't written my LO in a long while due to school and I know he must be very worried about me by now. Please keep me and my LO in your prayers especially me since I'm doing the best that I can but I really need motivation and prayers from you all right now. I also have health problems and it is not easy but I keep telling myself to think positive and to push through daily. I really hate crying every day and night. I'm 25 years old by the way. If you would like to reach me, PM and ask me for my email since that's the best way to reach me for right now. It may take some time for me to reply back but I will.
The Following User Says Thank You to mariaacharles For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 06:30 PM

Default mail,pics, etc

Quote:

Hi ladies,
I wanted to post on the last few subjects... beacuse I have kind of for the first time ever been having problems too. I've always loved to write as I explained about the email and ya'll can tell LOL, so I frequently write very long letters, upwards of 16-20 pages sometimes of its been a while. I never had a problem ever until this last lockdown and they sent one back I had spent a long time on saying it had something on it. Just to let you know I would NEVER take the time to write a 17 page letter or anything for that matter and do something dumb. I find it so frustrating when they do that becuz ive always assumed they test every paper for drugs etc however I understand that there are new substances that are problematic and this is the reason why all this security with mail. So now i do understand that most all letters and cards and pics will just be photocopied. And yes 25 pics seems the limit with really no limit to a letter. However my fiance notices that people using pigeon only or other online services that print and send for you seem to still get color photos while others just get copies. I have signed up for pigeon just to try, although one of you said it was goving you trouble? I am truly hoping this is a temporary situation as pics keep us all close to them, but these services may be the wave of the future.
I also noted some of you havent been getting regular correspondence, and I've had same problem..he had mentioned many lockdowns thru the say and often at night. For me its really hard to not get a goodnight, I don't sleep well. Will any of you post if you don't get goodnights as well, at least Inwill put my mind at ease earlier maybe? Teamwork will help us a little during these times of lots of lockdowns and lots of rule changes. To add to it they've been snowed in one or two days with staff unable to make it up the hill to relieve shifts so that can add to the half day lockdown issues and as I said they fight terrible morning fog this time of year too so lots of little reasons we may not hear from them! Take care and keep their health and well being in our prayers and each of yours peace and sanity too) <3
The Following User Says Thank You to carlosbride For This Useful Post:
LynnrussT (01-19-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbride View Post
Hi ladies,
I wanted to post on the last few subjects... beacuse I have kind of for the first time ever been having problems too. I've always loved to write as I explained about the email and ya'll can tell LOL, so I frequently write very long letters, upwards of 16-20 pages sometimes of its been a while. I never had a problem ever until this last lockdown and they sent one back I had spent a long time on saying it had something on it. Just to let you know I would NEVER take the time to write a 17 page letter or anything for that matter and do something dumb. I find it so frustrating when they do that becuz ive always assumed they test every paper for drugs etc however I understand that there are new substances that are problematic and this is the reason why all this security with mail. So now i do understand that most all letters and cards and pics will just be photocopied. And yes 25 pics seems the limit with really no limit to a letter. However my fiance notices that people using pigeon only or other online services that print and send for you seem to still get color photos while others just get copies. I have signed up for pigeon just to try, although one of you said it was goving you trouble? I am truly hoping this is a temporary situation as pics keep us all close to them, but these services may be the wave of the future.
I also noted some of you havent been getting regular correspondence, and I've had same problem..he had mentioned many lockdowns thru the say and often at night. For me its really hard to not get a goodnight, I don't sleep well. Will any of you post if you don't get goodnights as well, at least Inwill put my mind at ease earlier maybe? Teamwork will help us a little during these times of lots of lockdowns and lots of rule changes. To add to it they've been snowed in one or two days with staff unable to make it up the hill to relieve shifts so that can add to the half day lockdown issues and as I said they fight terrible morning fog this time of year too so lots of little reasons we may not hear from them! Take care and keep their health and well being in our prayers and each of yours peace and sanity too) <3
Hi,I also had some of my letters returned ,with a note uknown substances? I always send them back and he gets them,as of late my letters has taken 1 month before he gets them? I think it was wdnsday morning that he did not recive my e-mail until past 10 am and as our time difference is 6 hours they were mailed 2am KY time . My darling called and thought I was ill as he had not recived any mail ,first time that ever happened! Enjoy your day live to the fullest that you can
fbopnomore (01-20-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 10:35 PM

Anybody having trouble with the pigeonly site? Iíve been at it for hours trying to upload pics and keep getting an error msg! Itís so frustrating! Iím going to call customer service they are going to a real nice piece of my mind! So annoying I canít upload and send my pics but they make sure they withdraw their money out my back account each month.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Anybody having trouble with the pigeonly site? Iíve been at it for hours trying to upload pics and keep getting an error msg! Itís so frustrating! Iím going to call customer service they are going to a real nice piece of my mind! So annoying I canít upload and send my pics but they make sure they withdraw their money out my back account each month.
NO I have never had problems with them , Just make sure it is a blue dot next to your inmates namn, If it is red tou need to refreesh account!
fbopnomore (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
NO I have never had problems with them , Just make sure it is a blue dot next to your inmates namn, If it is red tou need to refreesh account!
Lucky you! But Yea the blue dot is their everything is active. Iím going to call customer service itís unacceptable! Paying for a service I canít even use so frustrating
Old 01-21-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Lucky you! But Yea the blue dot is their everything is active. Iím going to call customer service itís unacceptable! Paying for a service I canít even use so frustrating
I used pigeonly in the past and I liked it. Do you know if their customer service center is open today? I have money in my wallet from a while back before they switched it to monthly only and I was going to see if I can use the money in my wallet to pay for the services monthly.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
I used pigeonly in the past and I liked it. Do you know if their customer service center is open today? I have money in my wallet from a while back before they switched it to monthly only and I was going to see if I can use the money in my wallet to pay for the services monthly.
Yea. I like it too when it works lol. But Iím going to try calling tomorrow since today is Sunday not sure if Iíll get an answer today.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Yea. I like it too when it works lol. But Iím going to try calling tomorrow since today is Sunday not sure if Iíll get an answer today.
So they can print the pictures out on this site??
Old 01-21-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
So they can print the pictures out on this site??
You upload the pics from your phone or computer onto the site then they print them and send to the prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to LynnrussT For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbride View Post
Hi ladies,

Hi! Unfortunately big sandy is notorious for lockdowns..tons of mini lockdowns for a few hours and then extended ones for a few days or a week..the last 1 seems to have been the longest..about a month or so. When my husband was home before being transferred we got at least 3 emails a day and sometimes 7+ calls a day lol Now itís really hard because itís 1 or 2 calls a day & same with emails..on top of no visits because heís so far. No good nights definitely hurt..I couldnít sleep at all during the first
Month of him being gone out of state..as my husband would put it ďits Very activeĒ at big sandy therefore the cause of so many lockdowns
As for correspondence, I would assume since thereís different sections & stuff maybe some have more Day room time? Or some inmates in programs vs gen pop get more privileges? I donít know how it works..just throwing stuff out there lol
I know itís hard & is definitely lonely at times but thatís what this little BIg Sandy family is for
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nani1231 For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (01-22-2018), fbopnomore (01-23-2018), LynnrussT (01-22-2018)