Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
my son is hoping to transfer to Manchester from Texas in the next month or two. He is eligible for the camp. can any one give me any info? How long does it take to be put in for visitation once they are there? Any other info welcomed! Can a person visit both on fri, sat and Sunday?

I don't remember how long it took to get the visits set up, but it is a week or two at least. THey have to go through a few days of orientation, then they have to send you the visitation "application" of sorts. They mail it to you, and you mail it to their counselor. Then within a few days, your son will be able to tell you if you are approved or not. I am SURE you will be!

Visits are from 8:00am to 3:00pm Friday through Sunday. Although they are only allowed so many visits a month, you are allowed to visit all three days.

Go to this site http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/man/index.jsp and click on the FPC Handbook. It will tell you pretty much everything you need to know, and whatever else you have questions on, we are here to help!

I hope he gets his transfer! My fiance is in the FCI right now, but we are hoping he transfers to the camp by the first of the year.

We try to stay in touch in this thread and in the one about Manchester Lock-downs if anyone goes a day or so without hearing from their loved one. If no one has heard anything, then we pretty much know that there is a lock-down. We try to keep each other informed, and support each other through this time.

Glad you are here, and don't be afraid to post!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 AM

Are you allowed to leave for lunch and come back. Or once you are there do you have to stay? We are diabetics is why i ask. I sure hope he gets to transfer. He acted like he wasn't to worried about it. but then he found out he could! Now it's a different tune. We have not seen him in almost a year, so I am looking forward to it. Also I wanted to ask if you know if they ever allow more then 5 visitors. He has three children that we would like to bring to see him, So them, my husband and I. The problem is we really need help with them, so we would like to bring our daughter to help with the kids, and she has a daughter. I didn't know if they would allow 7 people every once in awhile?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Are you allowed to leave for lunch and come back. Or once you are there do you have to stay? We are diabetics is why i ask. I sure hope he gets to transfer. He acted like he wasn't to worried about it. but then he found out he could! Now it's a different tune. We have not seen him in almost a year, so I am looking forward to it. Also I wanted to ask if you know if they ever allow more then 5 visitors. He has three children that we would like to bring to see him, So them, my husband and I. The problem is we really need help with them, so we would like to bring our daughter to help with the kids, and she has a daughter. I didn't know if they would allow 7 people every once in awhile?

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to leave for lunch. They have vending machines there with things you can fix in the microwaves. Now, I am just speaking from what I know about the prison, and not the camp, but I would assume they are the same. If you need to take medication in for your diabetes, I am sure they will allow that. But there are things there to eat. Oh, and you are only allowed to take change in with you, in a clear bag (zip lock or clear plastic makeup bag). They say only $20/person, but they don't count it, and one of the guards, who knows my boyfriend and how much he eats! LOL, said that you can take more.

As far as the number of visitors, I am sure you would all be able to go in at the same time. But be prepared that if it gets over-crowded, you guys may be the first to be asked to leave, depending on how long you have been there of course. I know at the prison, they have a play room for the kids, and people pretty much just let the kids go and do their thing. I have NEVER seen any major issues with the kids in the playroom. They all play together, and it usually looks like a tornado has gone through when you leave! But at least they were good and having fun! Honestly, I would call first before taking that many people in. But I don't think they would have an issue with it.

I sent you the link to the handbook... right? If not, let me know, and I will get it for you again. I just do a search and look for the things I have questions about, and read only that part. The rest is very confusing! LOL

I hope he gets transferred too! I couldn't imagine going more than 2 months without seeing my sweetie, and a year would be DEVASTATING! Good luck to you and him, and we are here if you need us!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 PM

Default Was Thinkin...

Hey all.. I was just wondering.. and I know you have probably answered this before... but what is one thing that you miss most about having your loved one home with you?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:24 PM

Default New Lock Down - 8/30/2010

Hey all! I just got a quick e-mail from my sweetie... he said they were locking down, wasn't sure for how long. He didn't say why or anything.

Please, if you get any information, post so we are all informed. Hopefully it won't last long.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:27 PM

Default FCI Manchester - Lockdown 8/30/2010

Hey all... go to the "Lockdown" post...

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...=471460&page=5

Old 08-30-2010, 06:53 PM

Default Well.. that was quick~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Hey all! I just got a quick e-mail from my sweetie... he said they were locking down, wasn't sure for how long. He didn't say why or anything.

Please, if you get any information, post so we are all informed. Hopefully it won't last long.

Ok.. now I feel like an idiot! LOL they are off lockdown already.. there was a bad count or something silly!

Old 08-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,631 Posts

Don't feel like an idiot. You never know how long a lockdown will be and any information shared here is always helpful.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50 View Post
Don't feel like an idiot. You never know how long a lockdown will be and any information shared here is always helpful.
Thanks! It's been too quite there for too long... so when I hear anything, I always think the worst...

Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM

My son called and told us that he was being transferred to Manchester camp Oct 21 from Fort Worth, Dallas Texas! I am so excited I can't hardly stand it. It will be nice having him back in Kentucky. Better yet, Manchester is only around a hundred and Fifty miles from here, meaning I will get to visit him after not seeing him in a year. He was told that if the trip could be made in 24 hours he could ride a bus, if any longer they will fly him. So I am guessing he will be flying!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
My son called and told us that he was being transferred to Manchester camp Oct 21 from Fort Worth, Dallas Texas! I am so excited I can't hardly stand it. It will be nice having him back in Kentucky. Better yet, Manchester is only around a hundred and Fifty miles from here, meaning I will get to visit him after not seeing him in a year. He was told that if the trip could be made in 24 hours he could ride a bus, if any longer they will fly him. So I am guessing he will be flying!
This is AWESOME news! Congrats!
And to answer your questions from my page. I think it takes about a week or so for them to complete orientation, from there they will get their visitation forms to send home. I think that if you were on his list from where he is coming from, then you should be able to visit after this first week is up. Other than that, it takes a few weeks at least.

I haven't been to a visit at the camp, so I am not sure how they work. I know there are some people on this thread that have, so if any of you have any information, please share!

Once again, congrats!!!

We got his Halfway House date last week... 12/25/2011!!! What a Christmas gift! They don't release on holidays or weekends, so it will be the 27th, but that is ok too! Now, this is still all dependant on if we get the hold dropped or not... keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM

Yay - there are other Manchester women on here! I couldn't find very much information, so I'm thrilled to find this thread. My fiance is at the Manchester camp - he said that it is pretty laid back and not at all what he expected, but I don't know how much of that is him trying to keep me from worrying. I'm assuming the visitation paperwork could take a few weeks to get settled? I'm so anxious to see him!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 PM

I really as of right now know anything of Manchester, and won't until my son gets there and lets me know about it. He will be there till Feb or March 2012. He did tell me the other day that he things instead of a half way house, (which is the county jail) That he will be on home incarceration instead.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Jena - I also heard that the home detention is a possibility - apparently that all depends on the suggestions of those that interact closely with the inmate at the camp. I think they're called "unit coordinators" (?) At least, this is what my fiance is being told there. I hope your son is able to do that - it would be nice to have him home that much earlier!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 PM

sunflower fields and Jena! Glad to have you both here!! We try to keep everyone informed if we hear of a lock down or any problems at the camp and that the FCI. My fiance is at the FCI, but we have learned through experience that any type of lock down there also affects the camp in some way. So, if something happens, and you have any information at all, please post so that we can keep everyone informed!

Again, GREAT to have you here!!! I am actually in Manchester as we speak! Had an AWESOME visit with my sweetie, and looking forward to another one tomorrow!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 PM

Aww, that's great Ladybug! My guy called me 4 or 5 times today - I think all of the guys getting called down for visitation was getting to him. Were you able to stay for quite a bit of time or did you have to leave earlier?

I'll be sure to post anything I hear. That's one of my biggest fears - them being on lockdown and me not knowing what the heck is going on or why he's not calling/emailing. It's great to know that everyone works together to keep one another informed. Thanks so much!

Old 09-26-2010, 08:39 PM

my son is wanting to know, if anyone can find out, what the best paying jobs are at camp, and do they have a dirt or hard surface running track. Ha Ha. He is sure looking forward to being back in KY.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 AM

I think they assign the jobs to the guys, but that is what my fiance is being told. He's been there a week and they should be assigning him his job today. I think they have a dirt outdoor track. (My guy has been wearing it out - walked 20 miles one day!) I'll ask if they have a hard surface track - I could have sworn he said there was a track in the inside gym area. I'll email him now.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Default hello (help)

i am new to this board but not new to posting. can some please PM me and tell me how to start a new thread. i dont see the option anywhere
Old 09-27-2010, 12:38 PM

JenaG - Just spoke to him...found out that they have an outdoor field where there are football/soccer/etc games. There apparently is a hard track around it, but most of the guys walk on this dirt path. He told me to tell you that there are no fences in that area - just signs telling you that if you cross a certain line, you are considered an escapee.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
Aww, that's great Ladybug! My guy called me 4 or 5 times today - I think all of the guys getting called down for visitation was getting to him. Were you able to stay for quite a bit of time or did you have to leave earlier?

I'll be sure to post anything I hear. That's one of my biggest fears - them being on lockdown and me not knowing what the heck is going on or why he's not calling/emailing. It's great to know that everyone works together to keep one another informed. Thanks so much!
We got to stay the whole time both days! (knock on wood) we have NEVER had to leave early from a visit because of over crowding. We did have to wait a little longer to get in there Sunday because one of the COs acidentally took the keys home with them on Satuday. But, after they told us it could be up to an HOUR to get them there, they got it fixed in about 15 minutes!!!

We had a great visit, and as always, we fell in love all over again! I am one of the luckiest women in the world! Every time I see him, I get to fall in love all over again! Not that I ever STOP loving him, it just feels like it all renews itself!

As far as the lockdowns... when someone notices that they haven't gotten a call or email for a while (my fiance and I pretty much have a schedule.. LOL), then someone (usually me cause I freak out ALL the time... ) will post and ask if anyone has head anything. Then just post and let us know that you have or have not heard anything... which ever it is. There is also am Manchest Lockdown Thread... I will get the link and post it too... We usually try to post on both incase someone is subscribed to one and not the other.

Have a great evening all!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:47 PM

That's awesome that you were able to spend so much time! Thanks for all of the info and help, Ladybug. I'm sure I'll be bugging you on here with questions once I finally get approved for visitation...and I'll probably be right with you on freaking out and posting if anyone knows about a possible lockdown! (I worry quite a bit about him!) I can't imagine how great it is going to be to see my guy every once in a while. I think I understand the "falling in love all over again" thing. I think you see all of the reasons why you fell in love in the first place when you are in these situations. Well, thanks again!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
JenaG - Just spoke to him...found out that they have an outdoor field where there are football/soccer/etc games. There apparently is a hard track around it, but most of the guys walk on this dirt path. He told me to tell you that there are no fences in that area - just signs telling you that if you cross a certain line, you are considered an escapee.
Thanks for the reply. I am writing him as of now to give him the news. He called yesterday and told me that they have decided to let him ride the bus back to Ky on the 20th of Oct instead of the 22nd. (Wish I could be on the bus with him!) It will sure be glad to have him back closer to home! I have been reading about something called a "Ionizer" ? that is supposed to be able to detect drugs on your hands. I have read some visitors on here have tested positive after using hand sanitizer, or hand lotion. I do not want to get to manchester to see my son and something like that happen? Have you all heard anything like that? As far as the track, since he has been incarcerated he has started runing. They have a 10K run here in Bowling Green every October. I told him while he is there and can run he ought to prepare himself for the run while he is in prison. Give him a small goal to work toward.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:16 AM

That's really smart! I think that will help him break up his day, too...working towards goals. I just sent in my visitation forms to see my fiance - I cannot wait for the first visit! Like you, I keep reading posts about that "ionizer", too. Then, I saw another thread about how they don't use it at camps. I can't imagine going all of the way there to visit and then being turned away...that would be heartbreaking.

Maybe his_ladybug can tell us if they use them over at the FCI or not? If not, they definitely won't use it at the camp.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM

This is the greatest day ever!! I just got approved for visitation!! It happened way faster than I thought it was going to happen. I'm going to plan my first trip down for next weekend. Ok, so, now on to researching all of the visitation stuff. I just had to "scream" and tell someone. lol Hope you are all doing good!