Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua's Mom View Post
I hope your men are off lockdown. I can only imagine the worry I would be feeling if my son was in that situation. We talk and email daily. I would be going crazy if I didnt' hear from him. He told me this morning that the camp is back to normal, so I hope that means lockdown is over for the FCI.

Glad to hear things are back to normal at the camp.. HOPEFULLY that means things will straighten up at the FCI soon!!! I had a whole 45 second phone call today, but it was better than nothin!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua's Mom View Post
Just stopping by to say hi to everyone. My son emailed me this morning and said the camp is back to normal. He never did hear what happened, did anyone ever find out? I feel fortunate that my son is at the camp, but I feel for all you ladies that have loved ones at the medium not knowing what was going on. Hang in there and take care.
We haven't heard for sure yet, but I am sure that we will be swamped with letters from them come tomorrow! At least we (I) better be! I was hoping for one today (waiting for my new pictures), but I didn't get it either... Oh well... maybe tomorrow! Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:00 PM

Hey all! Great news! The lock down is lifted, but they are still on restriction! This means they are allowed out of their cells, but not allowed on the compound.

My sweetie was able to call me tonight and said he already read my 14 e-mails I sent him, and e-mailed me back! I am SOOOOO excited!

Ok.. now on to business... he said that there were a couple of guys stabbed, but he isn't sure who all was involved, or how many. They are saying that it was an isolated incident, and shouldn't happen again. Now... I hope and pray that none of your loved ones were involved. I know that Saraliz's man and mine are fine.

Please post and let us know when you hear from your loved one, so that we know they are all ok!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:02 PM

Hey all! Great news! The lock down is lifted, but they are still on restriction! This means they are allowed out of their cells, but not allowed on the compound.

My sweetie was able to call me tonight and said he already read my 14 e-mails I sent him, and e-mailed me back! I am SOOOOO excited!

Ok.. now on to business... he said that there were a couple of guys stabbed, but he isn't sure who all was involved, or how many. They are saying that it was an isolated incident, and shouldn't happen again. Now... I hope and pray that none of your loved ones were involved. I know that Saraliz's man and mine are fine.

Please post and let us know when you hear from your loved one, so that we know they are all ok!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:16 PM

I got a call today about 12:30 and again at 1:30! We talked for few mins first call and 15 the second. He said they were told there was a fight in another dorm involving 3 guys, who were sent to local hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Thank Goodness everyone is okay.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused09 View Post
I got a call today about 12:30 and again at 1:30! We talked for few mins first call and 15 the second. He said they were told there was a fight in another dorm involving 3 guys, who were sent to local hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Thank Goodness everyone is okay.
That is WONDERFUL news! I am glad to here he is ok! I got the same thing.. first call was at around 12:30, and since I was at work, and not allowed on my cell, it only lasted about 45 seconds, just long enough to let me know he was fine.. and to check on MY FRIEND! LOL

Mine waited to call me until he knew I was home from work, then laughed at all the e-mails that he had waiting on him!

Anyway, gald they are all ok!

Old 03-18-2010, 07:20 AM

My son emailed me this morning and told me that he heard someone had gotten stabbed. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is ok, and you were able to talk to your husbands. A big sigh of relief!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Well.. from what I understand, the lockdown is now over. I am not 100% sure, but from the last e-mail I got, he told me that he should go to work tomorrow, but he is on religious idle (whatever that means!) and that he would start back on Monday. I wonder if they planned this around March Madness??? Hee hee hee ha ha ha

Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 PM

My husband is at the camp, he had told me that they were possibly not going to let them have visitors this weekend because of all the fuss but they did. I just went and saw him Saturday. It was a nice visit and we were able to sit outside some of the time.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedmama4 View Post
My husband is at the camp, he had told me that they were possibly not going to let them have visitors this weekend because of all the fuss but they did. I just went and saw him Saturday. It was a nice visit and we were able to sit outside some of the time.
That is great to hear! I am glad you had a good visit! I am on my way down there in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait!

He sent me an e-mail tonight and told me that there is a really good chance that he will be going to the camp next year, or as early as late this year! I am so excited! ..... I think! I am sure I will have a LOT of questions!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 PM

Good for him! It seems to just be really boring. My husband will eventually be transfered for the RDAP program but who knows when that will be! Hopefully he gets a furlough when the time comes...and it's not any farther away! I don't like driving 4 hours one way now. Happy to answer any questions I can when the time comes.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedmama4 View Post
Good for him! It seems to just be really boring. My husband will eventually be transfered for the RDAP program but who knows when that will be! Hopefully he gets a furlough when the time comes...and it's not any farther away! I don't like driving 4 hours one way now. Happy to answer any questions I can when the time comes.
He told me the other night, that if he does go to a camp... it won't be there... Said the warden doesn't like putting people in there, so he would either go to Ashland or Memphis... PLEASE PRAY FOR ASHLAND!!! It is only 2 hours away from me, and Memphis is like 9!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Hi my name Ukayla and my dad is moving there in a few weeks. Can anybody that no anything about FCI Manchester Kentucky. Please let me kno i would really love to learn more about the prison. Please feel free to hit the inbox up....anything!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM

hi
Mii name ukayla
My dad just starting going there and i really dont kno nothing about it.
But you said dont nobody kno how you feel i do...
I kno how it feel...its just me and mii daddy us agaisnt the world....
i miss my dad like crazy.....but im here if u need a friend
Old 03-27-2010, 07:28 PM

Hey all! Just dropping by, and thought I would send out a quick note to everyone! I hope you all are doing well!

Things have been quiet! My bf told me the other day that there was almost another lockdown there this week! For a quiet place they sure are getting nutty! Must be spring fever!

Anyway! Just wanted to make sure everyone was doing well!

Old 03-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi Ladybug How are you?? lol...I am Soooooooooooo glad to have internet and TV back!! Moving is such a pain and its Tuesday, so no letter BUT I have Internet!! YAY!!

Old 03-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralizrn77 View Post
Hi Ladybug How are you?? lol...I am Soooooooooooo glad to have internet and TV back!! Moving is such a pain and its Tuesday, so no letter BUT I have Internet!! YAY!!
I am glad you got moved, and now internet! Welcome back to reality! LOL

I am sorry you didn't get a letter today.. neither did I (no surprise!)... BUT!!!! Soon! You will have e-mails back too! I am counting the days down with you girl!!!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:45 PM

17 days!! Woohoo!! I will just be glad to have email back so I can let his butt have it about this whole mess!!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:07 PM

Talking April Visit

Went to see my baby this weekend! As always, it was bittersweet. I love being there to see him, but I hate to leave.

We talked about a LOT of things Most that I won't share! LOL But we also talked about our future, and the things that we want to do. Main thing... (besides the obvious of course) is that we want to grow old together...

As per our usual visits, we got into trouble both days... Why is it that one couple can have his arm around her, and she is leaned up against him, and others can't!?! URGH! I know Sara... I know! LOL But that is ok.. we still snuck in an extra kiss. I told him no, and he said we would only lose visits for 2 months... well.. I'm not going back for 3!!! So.. WHAT THE HELL!!! Pucker up baby!!! LOL

Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 PM

I am hoping someone can give me some information. In a couple weeks I am taking my daughter to visit her father at Manchester FCI. I am just wondering what the visits are like. The regulations on the BOP website state you can wear jewelry. Is this accurate? What about underwire bra's? I know you get denied at alot of places because of them. Is it pretty laid back? I haven't visited a prison in 10 years. I always hate the first time!

Is each person allowed to bring money or is the total for the visit $20? Not that I think we will need more than that!! Thanks for any and all help!!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissee138 View Post
I am hoping someone can give me some information. In a couple weeks I am taking my daughter to visit her father at Manchester FCI. I am just wondering what the visits are like. The regulations on the BOP website state you can wear jewelry. Is this accurate? What about underwire bra's? I know you get denied at alot of places because of them. Is it pretty laid back? I haven't visited a prison in 10 years. I always hate the first time!

Is each person allowed to bring money or is the total for the visit $20? Not that I think we will need more than that!! Thanks for any and all help!!
This is a modified portion (to answer your specific questions) of a post I did some time back....good luck on your visit and Welcome to the Manchester thread!!

At Manchester, like anywhere else you've probably been, you don't have free reign during visit but its not too bad if you behave yourself and also, like anywhere, it will depend on the set of guards that is working as to how strict they are but generally, it is ok. You get to sit next to them the entire visit which is from 8am until 3pm Fri, Sat, Sun and Federal holidays....you usually will not see them until at least 9am, though, by the time you get thru security and they call them...also if there is fog it will be later...last Sunday, they had fog and then held them until after the 10 o'clock count and I didn't see him until around 10:30. You are able to hug and kiss at the beginning and end of visit and hold hands etc (very tastefully) in between. They have vending machines w/ food and drinks and they have a kids room with cartoons and little tykes type tables adjacent to the visiting room. Sometimes they have crayons and paper and they always have bibles and cards.
Make sure to bring the following w/ you:
1. up to $20 (per person) in change in a clear bag (a ziploc or small makeup case, etc),
2. your driver's license
3. your vehicle tag number.
(anything else you bring in, you will have to put in a locker...and if you bring in your cell, TURN IT OFF!! I heard of somebody having to leave visit early because their phone kept ringing in their locker, )
You have to wear closed toe shoes, pants or below the knee capris or skirt, nothing sleeveless and if you wear a jacket, you can't wear it into the visiting room so make sure any shirt under is not sleeveless. if you wear jeans, they cannot have any rips/holes above the knee (even the jeans that come like that), NO khaki/light brown, camo, grey, sweats, or screen print tees. Yes, you can wear an underwire, but you will have to go thru the metal detectors and it will set them off so they will use the wand on you and check your pockets, etc. You will have to take your shoes, belt and jewelry off so you may wanna keep all that easy to get off and on.
When you get there you have to sign in and then fill out a form and then have the guard out front put you thru security, then you go to another area and wait for the guards to come get you. Somedays this is a longer process than other days, so be patient. Make sure you use the bathroom before going thru security or you have to do the whole thing over again.

Good Luck!! Let us know how your visit goes!!

Last edited by saralizrn77; 04-19-2010 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks alot! I feel better knowing what to expect!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM

One other thing I forgot.....you can't go into the building til 8 am and they don't like you to sit in your car so i wouldn't arrive at the prison before 7:50 am or the CO's riding around in the trucks will say something to you (I know from personal experience!! )

The Following User Says Thank You to saralizrn77 For This Useful Post:
chrissee138 (04-20-2010)
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM

Ladybug...I already posted this on your wall but I am gonna post it here too (just for laughs, haha)
Chic...do you think if I broke into the prison tonight to kick A's butt......they would keep me (after I kicked his butt) and let me stay the rest of the night with him, but let me out in time for work tomorrow?? Because for real....I'm contemplating it!! haha

Old 04-19-2010, 08:57 PM

And I'm really not playing...if he doesn't get this crap straightened out tomorrow.....the counselor is gettin' an ugly phone call and I just might drive to KY!!!! And seeing me pull up in the parking lot...yeah, that would be my man on the yard with his head in his hands sayin'...."Oh Hell!! She is gettin' ready to get arrested!!" LMAO