Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Donation Award 

You can send him books purchased through sellers like Amazon.com, they are shipped from the seller, not from you. That is the only way they will be recieved. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Actually, you can send him paperback books and magazines yourself. There are a few rules: they must be sent in an envelope or wrapped in brown paper (no boxes!!); there must not be anything else with them (no cards or pics or letters, etc.); it must be written on the front that the envelope/package contains books or magazines (just write the word "Book(s)" clearly on the front of the envelope/package).

All hard-cover books must be sent directly from a publisher, or vendor or store (such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.).

When inmates are finished reading a book, most of them either trade the book with someone else, give to someone who never receives any, or just give it to the prison library for others to read. Many inmates also hold on to more than 5 books at a time. It is a violation, but many of the facilities don't enforce the rule as long as there are no problems. Your guy will be able to find out how strictly it's handled where he is.

If you do decided to send him some paperbacks, make sure you write the words "Media Mail" up near where the postage will go. You will get a very inexpensive postal rate, and it will travel just as fast as regular parcel post.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Jesse's Girl

Default Manchester FPC

My husband has been at Manchester camp for almost a year. I have founf the gusards have been great, and he likes where he is. He gets to go out in the commnity and work, and they have other stuff for them to do. I like that when I visit the facility with my daughter, it doesnt feel like or look like we are in a prison. My daughter is 2 and I have told here daddy is at work, because I dont think it is right to tell her at such a young age. But any memories she may have will just be of a gray building.
He has told me that there is not a lot of violence there and the guards are really nice. I like the fact that there are no metal detectors to go thru to ake my daughter feel wierd about visiting daddy. So all in all, it is not a bad place to visit as far as prisons go, and I have been in a few different ones with other friends and relatives. Okay I think I have babbled enough already about it, but if you have any questions, I can probably answer them.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Donation Award 

Wow, I didn't know that because up till last year he was in medium (Feds) and that was certainly not the case. Is this just for FPC?
Old 04-26-2008, 05:03 PM

Default I have

a friend at FCI Manchester. It it not hard to be approved on their visitors list if you don't have any convictions. It took about 2wks for me to be approved. It is very easy to get to, I am going there tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:43 PM
loving him more and more

Default FCI Manchester information

My name is Erika and I would like to know if anyone had any information on the Manchester FCI. I had heard there was a guy that had been there but I have found no way to get in contact with him. I am concerned with the medium facility. Any information given will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
La La

My husband was just recently moved to FCI Manchester from FCI Beckley and he said so far it is way better than Beckley. The food, the guards, and he said they even get a weight room ! I haven't went to visit yet it's like 1,200 miles from me but hopefully I will soon ! I don't know much about that place yet wish I could help more .
Old 09-16-2008, 05:41 PM

Default new to the system

I am totally new to the system and have to do 15 months down at manchester FPC on a cyber crimes charge. That is without good time... I was wondering if anyone had any updated information about the camp? is schooling an option? How many people per dorm? What should I bring when I show up my first day? Is there work? freeweights or cardio equipment? Just some general information about the camp would be great..or some resources that will help me learn about what I am in for.... I hope my experience is an OK one. .

from searching the boards I have heard some good and bad things but the posts go back a few years...

- Brandon

Last edited by metadrop; 09-16-2008 at 05:43 PM..
Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:48 PM

Thanks! I only have a week left before I have to check in, But I will give my wife my login so she can keep updated!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 PM

Welcome to PTO! And good luck, those 15 months will fly by fast if you find activities to do during the day! I have no info on the FPC Manchester. Sorry, I hope you find someone else here that knows more.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM

please please please tell him to stay away from a guy named rick kontour aka ricky bobby. It's a long story but I knew him on the outside. He is such a coward that he had his girlfriend do some things to people out here in order to get his time cut. he will lie and entrap anyone he can to try and cut his time.please please believe me,i don't want to see anyone else fall victim to this coward!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 AM

Default Manchester Visitation Veteran's Day Weekend

My son is at the Manchester Camp. Just went to visit him on Veteran's Day Weekend. Visitation was cancelled by the warden. Be sure to call before you visit and if possible have your loved one call you if visitation is cancelled. Get a cell phone if you don't have one for just this purpose. You can get the cell phones where you just pay for the time you use if you don't have a regular cell at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

Manchester doesn't seem to be a horrible place. The camp is very clean, relatively new, well landscaped. It is nicer than most of the other places he's been.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM

My boyfriend has been at FCI Manchester (medium not the camp) since June 08.He says it looks like a college campus.They have plenty of classes to keep them busy.Everyone there has a job.I think its mandatory.He also said the food is just okay.My bf basically workout to keep his mind off the boredom and his issues.I went to visit April 09 and it was nice.The guards were very nice.I guess it was the "southern hospitality." We had a good visit.I was able to hold his arm and hand the whole time.It just broke my heart to leave without him.FCI Manchester probably isn't the best, but it's not too bad.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:13 PM

Question FCI Manchester, Kentucky 2009.Let's update people!

I feel like FCI Manchester, KY is the forgotten place.There's barely any updated forums or posts pertaining to this place.Where's everyone Come on let's UPDATE.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Missing my baby!!

Default FCI Manchester

Can anyone give me any information about FCI Manchester? My boyfriend just got moved there and was wondering about it.Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Default Help brother in Federal Pen

My name is Becky, I am new here. My brother was supposed to self report to Manchester Kentucky On Aug. 30. Well he got into trouble and they ended up keeping him in 2 county federal holdovers since Aug 21. Today they moved him to Leavenworth Kansas. I only know this because I was told by the U.S. Marshall when I called today. He also told me that this was not his final destination. Why all this moving and does anyone know if he will be locked down, because he had rotator cuff surgery right before he left, and he has not been put into general population in the other county jails because of it. Anyone with family members here some insight on this place would be great. Thanks from a concerned sister
Old 10-27-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop2007 View Post
I am self surrending at Manchester in a few weeks. I am in the camp. Can anyone help me with info on it? What can I expect and what are the things to do? This is my first time in a prison. Thanks for the help.

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I have a son who will be going to the prison camp anytime now. He has been in Oklahoma for three weeks awaiting transfer to Manchester. This is also his first time in prison, and we are wondering the same things. Hopefully someone will answer your questions for you.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Default Care Packages at Manchester Camp

Does anyone know if an inmate at the Manchester Camp can receive care packages?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 PM

No care packages in federal prisons (unfortunately).
Old 12-12-2009, 05:36 PM

What about pictures? Are they allowed to be sent?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara&kiylon View Post
My boyfriend is at the FCI in Manchester and I've read as much as I can about it on the web. I just thought maybe someone else might have a loved one there. I could use someone to talk to.

my husband just there. i have heard nothing and was wondering when i would
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 AM

Default Visiting Manchester

Jesses Girl,
It's good to hear that Manchester staff are nice to family who visit. I am planning on visiting my boyfriend this summer. I'm flying down from Alaska and am hoping that you might be able to recomend a hotel or B&B that's not too expensive.
My boyfriend has been in Manchester Camp for a few years now and he seems to be very busy between bible study, work, and lifiting weights. he tells me that the camp is like a college campus and it's been really nice since they got email. I get to talk to him every other day sometimes and that alone makes it feel like he's a little closer to coming home.

My question is how do you deal with him being gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2007 View Post
My husband has been at Manchester camp for almost a year. I have founf the gusards have been great, and he likes where he is. He gets to go out in the commnity and work, and they have other stuff for them to do. I like that when I visit the facility with my daughter, it doesnt feel like or look like we are in a prison. My daughter is 2 and I have told here daddy is at work, because I dont think it is right to tell her at such a young age. But any memories she may have will just be of a gray building.
He has told me that there is not a lot of violence there and the guards are really nice. I like the fact that there are no metal detectors to go thru to ake my daughter feel wierd about visiting daddy. So all in all, it is not a bad place to visit as far as prisons go, and I have been in a few different ones with other friends and relatives. Okay I think I have babbled enough already about it, but if you have any questions, I can probably answer them.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:14 AM

Default Thank you for your kind words

My boyfriend is in Manchester and I live in Alaska so I don't get to see him as much as I would like. Like your son, my boyfriend tells me that he has a great repsect for the other inmates. He holds bible study for anybody who wants to come and talks alot about the classes,education opurtunities, and ALOT about the weight "pile."

I'll be visiting him this summer. Do you have a reccomendation on a hotel in the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchesterDad View Post
My son is in FCI Manchester Kentucky. I have visited him there 3 times. I found the gaurds / staff were restrictive but good to get along with. He speaks well of the other inmates and shows some real respect for them.

Most guys there are non-violent drug offenders who have spent many years in higher security prisons before working their way down to low security. Many are in for medicade fraud - something to do with selling unapproved medications said to cure illnesses, and collecting Federal money as payment. A few of the older men are there for while collar crimes of sliding money into their own accounts in their professional work.

My son says the furnature all appears to be milatary surplus issue, the food is better than Navy boot camp and the barber gives a terrible hair cut. There is plenty of room for sports, walking and recreation in general. There does not appear to be even a fense around the place. You could take a walk up the hill and just keep on walking home, but you sure would regret it when they hauled you back in and gave a real prison for several extra years.

The setting is actually very pleasant with tree clad hill sides. The visiting area is nice with lots of family members visiting the men there. While everyone has a job to do, the work is not hard and does not take too long, leaving you with a lot of free time. While certianly not a resort, it really is not that bad a place to be. The major down side is boredom. Send your boy friend lots of letters. Copy some of the good advise off of this site and send it out too him.

Remember "This too shall pass!"

ManchesterDad
Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 PM

My boyfriend is at Manchester FCI (Medium) and somehow I have missed this thread?? Anyways...anybody with any questions, I know about Manchester. He has been there a little over a year now, I guess...I can't remember exactly when he moved there. Would love to chat with anybody else that has a loved one there too. I drive 6 hours each way to see him for the weekend about once a month.
Hi Everybody