Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
Yay - it was your first visit there? That's awesome! I bet it was good to see him, huh?
Yeah it was my first and I loved seeing him. The drive was so long and boring but seeing the look on his face when he got into the visiting room and saw me standing there made it all worth it!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM

Aw, that look on their face is great isn't it? How long is the drive from Michigan? It's about 9 - 10 hours from Maryland depending on traffic. I don't know about anyone else, but the "Welcome to Kentucky" sign is a beautiful sight no matter how long I have been on the road or how late I hit that border!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Aw, that look on their face is great isn't it? How long is the drive from Michigan? It's about 9 - 10 hours from Maryland depending on traffic. I don't know about anyone else, but the "Welcome to Kentucky" sign is a beautiful sight no matter how long I have been on the road or how late I hit that border!
The look was what kept pushing me to drive when I was running on very little sleep It ended up being more than I could ever imagine! The drive is 8 1/2 hours and I felt the same way when I saw the "Welcome to Kentucky" sign. I almost started crying though when I say the sign entering Manchester. The sign read "Welcome to Manchester; A town of Hope" I think it might have been the emotional side of me coming out due to lack of sleep but tears definately filled my eyes.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:44 AM

Oh my God - yes, I forgot about that! I totally teared up too when I read that sign for Manchester! lol Shew, 8 1/2 is a long drive...but like you had mentioned before, it's all worth it.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:33 PM

I'm new here my husband is in FPC Manchester since Tuesday. Can someone please give me some information on how often he's allowed to use phone and email. How does the points work for visitation?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Does anyone drive through Virginia to get to Manchester ? Maybe we can share the costs?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:59 PM

Hey, lovebirds! Welcome to the forum. I sent you a pm with the basic stuff...it's all in this forum already, but at least you'll have one message with all of the information. Hopefully, you'll hear from your husband soon...my fiance only took about a day and a half and he was able to call. It was maybe two days until he figured out the email system, though. Men...

Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Hey, lovebirds! Welcome to the forum. I sent you a pm with the basic stuff...it's all in this forum already, but at least you'll have one message with all of the information. Hopefully, you'll hear from your husband soon...my fiance only took about a day and a half and he was able to call. It was maybe two days until he figured out the email system, though. Men...

Yup! Sunflower has it under control! Give him a few days to get settled. He will have to have money on his books before he can call or email. Other than that, it shouldn't take long.

I am not sure that anyone comes through VA... Hopefully someone on here will let you know. I am from OH... soo.. VA would be a little out of the way.

Welcome to the group!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Hi all..my brother will be transferred to Manchester camp soon...just wanted to say hi and I cant wait to communicate and get to know you all

take care
-Miz Klazz
The Following User Says Thank You to KWilliams1177 For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWilliams1177 View Post
Hi all..my brother will be transferred to Manchester camp soon...just wanted to say hi and I cant wait to communicate and get to know you all

take care
-Miz Klazz
Hello and welcome to our group! We are pretty quiet most oif the time but try to do our best to keep each other informed of whatever might be going on! We have people here with guys at both the camp ad the FCI, so if you have questions, please ask!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWilliams1177 View Post

take care
-Miz Klazz

Hi and welcome to the group! Like Ladybug said, just let us know if you have any questions about procedures, visitation, etc. We look forward to getting to know you, too!

Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Default Hi, I'm a Newbie

Just wanting to read mostly and check out the atmosphere. My son will soon be headed to Manchester and I'm just looking for general info.
The Following User Says Thank You to panhead50 For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (05-03-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead50 View Post
Just wanting to read mostly and check out the atmosphere. My son will soon be headed to Manchester and I'm just looking for general info.

Hi! There is a lot of information in the thread through older messages, but let us know if you have any questions on anything we haven't already discussed here. Do you know if your son will be going to the camp or to the fci portion?

The Following User Says Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
panhead50 (06-08-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:

Hello there! I'm Brandi! I hope you find everything you need, and if not, let me know and I will be happy to help!

We are pretty laid back in here, and we really don't like drama. We keep each other informed if we think there may be something going on like a lockdown or something, even with email problems. It helps just knowing that someone else is dealing with the same thing you are.

We have wives, girlfriend, moms... men at the camp and men at the FCI... so we are well rounded, and have most all of the answers yo may be looking for. If not, we can work together to find them!

The Following User Says Thank You to his_ladybug For This Useful Post:
panhead50 (06-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Hello everybody! I am new on here and my husband is located at the prison in Manchester. He says it's not that bad, but he could possibly be telling me that so I won't worry myself to death. I have visited him once since he started his sentence in January. I stay five hours away so it is hard for me to go often, especially since I have a one year old.

I hope everybody is doing well. Please pray for me and I will pray for you all. I am glad I found this site. It is hard for my friends to understand how I'm feeling or what I'm going through. But they try to be there for me.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandl0628 View Post
Hello everybody! I am new on here and my husband is located at the prison in Manchester. He says it's not that bad, but he could possibly be telling me that so I won't worry myself to death. I have visited him once since he started his sentence in January. I stay five hours away so it is hard for me to go often, especially since I have a one year old.

I hope everybody is doing well. Please pray for me and I will pray for you all. I am glad I found this site. It is hard for my friends to understand how I'm feeling or what I'm going through. But they try to be there for me.

Hello there! My name is Brandi! Welcome to the group!

From what my boyfriend tells me, Manchester really isn't a bad place.. and he has been to enough others to know! LOL (Knock on wood) there has been very few lockdowns there, and really, the guys take care of their own business. The COs really don't get involved, unless they have to!

If you have any questions, please let me know! Most everything has already been addressed in the thread, but I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have!

I live about 4 hours away, so I know how hard it is to visit. I try to go every month, but it doesn't always work out that way. Hopefully you will get to go again soon!

We are here to listen!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:58 PM

Hi I noticed most of the posts are from fall2010...is there anyone that has a loved one in Manchester fci now? My old man got transferred there I know im more tripped out than he is lol...but was wondering if anyone had any up to date info...?!?!?!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autrysoldlady View Post
Hi I noticed most of the posts are from fall2010...is there anyone that has a loved one in Manchester fci now? My old man got transferred there I know im more tripped out than he is lol...but was wondering if anyone had any up to date info...?!?!?!
Yes! We are still here. We actually have another threrad that we post in most of the time. I don't have a lonk to it right now as I am on my phone, but I woll get it for you as soon as I get home. Manchester isn't too bad... And as you can tell... Lockdowns are not too common there.

You can PM me if you would like. I would be glad to answer any questions you have!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Hi! There is a lot of information in the thread through older messages, but let us know if you have any questions on anything we haven't already discussed here. Do you know if your son will be going to the camp or to the fci portion?
He will be goint to the fci. He is in Atlanta now on his way. Will probably be there next week. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:25 PM

Hi Brandy! My name is Shelia. When he gets there, how long before he can contact me and how soon after arriving can he have visits?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Hi Brandy! My name is Shelia. When he gets there, how long before he can contact me and how soon after arriving can he have visits?
It should only be a day or so before he can call or get you set up on email, as long as he has money on his books.

As for the visitation, if you were on his visit list from a past institution, I think it is almost immediate, (or the closest weekend), but if this is his first stop, then it takes a couple of weeks. He has to have his orientation, and has to get you set up on his visit list. He is supposed to send you the paperwork for that, but you can also get it at http://www.bop.gov/locations/institu...isit_hours.pdf

It is supposed to be sent to their counselor, but if you send it in before he can tell you who that is, you just send it to the prison. FCI MANCHESTER
FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
ATTN: WAREHOUSE
805 FOX HOLLOW ROAD
MANCHESTER, KY 40962

DO NOT send it to him. They won't accept it, I know that. I don't think you have to send one in if he is transferring, but you may want to, just to be safe. He will know for sure after his orientation. But as for phone and email, I think they do that almost as soon as they get there, and then when he has money, then he can call or whatever!

Hope this helps, and have a GREAT day!

panhead50 (06-10-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Exclamation question...

Hey all! Someone named Maria sent me a request on the FB page, and I don't know who she is. I don't want to block anyone (unless there is drama of course), but I need to know who she is.

If you are on here, Maria, please send me a private message and let me know so I can add you.

If any of you "regulars" know her, let me know so that I can add her!

Thanks Ladies!!!

Love,
~LB~

Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Thanks and how long r u allowed to stay in a visit?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks and how long r u allowed to stay in a visit?
They start checking people in at 8am. You will usually get up to the visit room by 8:30/9:00. The guys get in there shortly after that. As long as it doesn't get too crowded, you should be able to stay until visit is over at 3pm. It is a LONG day, but it is one of the best times!

panhead50 (06-15-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 05:42 PM

My husband is at FCI Petersburg and is about to be transfered to Manchester Camp. Could you please give me some info so I can let him know alittle about the place. Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhousecounsel View Post
(((cdkrs))) Welcome to PTO!

My hubby just got out of the camp at Manchester, but I'm assuming that your fella is at the medium. If you go visit I can give you tips on where to stay so just let me know if that would help. We have a member, Manchester03, that was in the Medium and he is always quick to answer Manchester questions. I PM'ed him a link, so he won't miss your questions. You might want to be more specific and let us know exactly what you want to know. You will find lots of useful information all throughout the Federal Forum, so you might want to just spend some time looking at old posts. Also, you will get lots of support here and find that there are many women going through exactly what you are going through. Hang in there and keep the faith.