Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongOverdue View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm new to PTO so I would love to hear from some of you with loved ones at the Manchester, KY federal prison...I have a really close friend that is currently there. He's been there for about 4 years now, with one more to go. I am planning on visiting there soon but I wanted to know for those of you that have visited, what are some good hotels in the area...It's about a 7 hour drive for me, so I was planning to stay for the weekend...And also how are the visitations? Dress codes? Can I visit both on Saturday and Sunday or is it just one day??

Hit me up with whatever help you can give me!!!! Thanks!!!!
Ok.. I'm back!

Visits are great. You can actually go Friday, Saturday and Sunday... IF they have enough points (that reminds me,... I need to check mine), anyway! Sorry about that! If you go back through this thread (older messages), you will find some good info about visits. Dress appropriately, nothing too tight, or revealing. Take change in a clear plastic bag... Wal-Mart has clear makeup bags for $0.97 that work great! The handbook only says $20, but they don't count it, and I always take more... he's a big guy and eats a LOT! At the visits, you sit in uncomfortable chairs, but you get to spend almost 6 hours together!

There are a few good hotels there. I stay in London and drive the 20 minutes in the morning to the prison. Some people stay in Manchester. I have done both, so it is really up to you! I have a Face Book page that I can add you to, it is private so no one sees your posts, or knows you are a member, but, on there, I have a note with links to hotels in the area. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...753136593&ap=1

I will add you to the group if you would like. We keep everyone posted on just about everything!

Hope this helps! Like I said, read back though this thread. There is a lot of info already posted. If you have any more questions, please let us know, and we will be happy to answer them for you!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 04:09 AM

I have not had much experience with visitations yet myself but I also stayed in London. It is only 20 minutes and there are several hotels to choose from. We also stopped at the visitors center on the way into KY and got some great coupons for the hotels. Hope you have a good visit!! : )
Old 03-16-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMomForNow View Post
I have not had much experience with visitations yet myself but I also stayed in London. It is only 20 minutes and there are several hotels to choose from. We also stopped at the visitors center on the way into KY and got some great coupons for the hotels. Hope you have a good visit!! : )

When were you there? Chrissee and I were there last weekend, and I will be back this weekend, well.. Sunday. I am taking my kids to see a friend of ours who is ill, in TN this weekend, and we will stop to see my love on the way home.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:19 AM

Default Some helpful info!

Hey all! On the FCI Manchester Friends page on FaceBook,
Have a great day all!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...753136593&ap=1

Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 AM

As far as hotels...I like the Best Western in Manchester because it's so close to him...but I really like all of the hotel choices and restaurants in London. I try to stay at the Red Roof Inn if I stay in London. It's a 9/10 hour drive for me, so sometimes that extra 20 minutes driving to London can be murder!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Hi i have a ex-boyfriend i been wanted to vist in manchester. i live in atlanta and just didnt want to take the ride by myself. how is the ride? i never visited anyone in prison before. I haven't seen him in 15yr that's a longtime. maybe if you didn't mind we can ride together. and will help with gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralizrn77 View Post
My boyfriend is at Manchester FCI (Medium) and somehow I have missed this thread?? Anyways...anybody with any questions, I know about Manchester. He has been there a little over a year now, I guess...I can't remember exactly when he moved there. Would love to chat with anybody else that has a loved one there too. I drive 6 hours each way to see him for the weekend about once a month.
Hi Everybody
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
As far as hotels...I like the Best Western in Manchester because it's so close to him...but I really like all of the hotel choices and restaurants in London. I try to stay at the Red Roof Inn if I stay in London. It's a 9/10 hour drive for me, so sometimes that extra 20 minutes driving to London can be murder!
I like the Roof in London too! It's my fave! The staff there is great, and always treat us really good. I mean, whatever we need, they make sure we have it! Even late night batteries, and HUGE band-aids for those of us that like to mutilate ourselves (accidentally of course) with our razors in the morning RIGHT before we leave for visit! The Roof has my vote 100%! I mean, I like BW in Manchester because it is close, but if you want to do anything after visit, you are gonna have to drive to London anyway. Of course, that is just my opinion!

Very sad though... for once, we used up all of our visit points, but two! And I am NOT going for a one day visit! Ugh... Guess I will just wait a couple of weeks!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 AM

Hey all! Been spending most of my time on the FaceBook page, but I wanted to pop in and check on those of you that aren't on there! Just want to make sure everyone is doing well.

If you need anything let me know! I still get my messages from here too!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 PM

Did somebody say Manchester?? Lol what a life changing experience! The camp is ok we had fun there but the fci next-door is full of drama they call it a med-low but it's ran like a high security prison if you ask me!.. When I got to the camp it was lovely cellphones,DVDs redlobster snuck in all that! It just sucks because there are a bunch of snitches there that will drop a "cop-out" on you! (snitch forum) most of the c.o's where cool except for "tuck"& "bighead" tell anyone you know there to watch out for those two jerkoffs! Other than that it was a lovely sweet camp to do your time!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 AM

Default FYI - CorrLinks 4/7/11

Hey all, Just wanted to let you know that CorrLinks is down this morning. They asked a question on their FaceBook page if anyone was having problems, and of course, I couldn't get the site to connect. So.... they know there is an issue... how long it will take to get fixed? Who knows with them, but it ususally isn't too long. Then we will be rockin again!

Hope you all have a good day!

~LB~

Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
.:.:<3 Jess&B <3:.:.

Oh my gosh! LadyBug, I totally recognize you! I do believe actually last weekend (maybe the one before) I was actually sitting like right beside of you! I've seen this thread before and knew I recognized you! That's awesome! I'm adding the FB page by the way. It feels great to talk to others that know about the system and Manchester of course!

The Following User Says Thank You to bsboo10 For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsboo10 View Post
Oh my gosh! LadyBug, I totally recognize you! I do believe actually last weekend (maybe the one before) I was actually sitting like right beside of you! I've seen this thread before and knew I recognized you! That's awesome! I'm adding the FB page by the way. It feels great to talk to others that know about the system and Manchester of course!

Wow... I don't know if I should be flattered, or embarrassed! LOL No, it is good to meet you! I will add you right now! Welcome!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM

Talking New to FCI Manchester

Hi Ladies,

My man got to FCI Manchester at the end of March. I just got home yesterday from our first visit at the facility. It was a long drive and put a hurting on the bank account but it was definately worth it and I cannot wait to go again. I was curious to see if anyone is near Michigan and would be interested in ride sharing to go visit? I know it would help me out alot. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost'sGirl112 For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (04-18-2011)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost'sGirl112 View Post
Hi Ladies,

My man got to FCI Manchester at the end of March. I just got home yesterday from our first visit at the facility. It was a long drive and put a hurting on the bank account but it was definately worth it and I cannot wait to go again. I was curious to see if anyone is near Michigan and would be interested in ride sharing to go visit? I know it would help me out alot. Thanks.

Hello there! Thanks for joining our little group! I am not really sure where everyone is from, but I wish you the best! Hopefully someone on here can help you out! I am in Ohio. We don't have too much longer to go.. Woo Hoo! I only visit about once a month, if I can do that.. I totally understand about the bank account. Gas prices are NUTS!!!

Good luck! And welcome! Oh, is he at the FCI or the Camp? They are both there on the same land, so I was just wondering.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Hello there! Thanks for joining our little group! I am not really sure where everyone is from, but I wish you the best! Hopefully someone on here can help you out! I am in Ohio. We don't have too much longer to go.. Woo Hoo! I only visit about once a month, if I can do that.. I totally understand about the bank account. Gas prices are NUTS!!!

Good luck! And welcome! Oh, is he at the FCI or the Camp? They are both there on the same land, so I was just wondering.
Thanks for welcoming me and he is at the facility. I asked him about going to the camp but he told me he'd never be able to transfer into a camp. I was hoping he could because I was told by someone on our last visit that the camp's visiting hours are 8-8. Thankfully, I don't have much longer to go with my honey either. He is trying to push for 90-120 days halfway house which will get him out of the facility by the end of November.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks for welcoming me and he is at the facility. I asked him about going to the camp but he told me he'd never be able to transfer into a camp. I was hoping he could because I was told by someone on our last visit that the camp's visiting hours are 8-8. Thankfully, I don't have much longer to go with my honey either. He is trying to push for 90-120 days halfway house which will get him out of the facility by the end of November.
I don't think that their visiting hours are 8-8... Check this out.. it is the visiting regulations:

http://www.bop.gov/locations/institu...isit_hours.pdf

Whomever told you that was the hours was mistaken.. Sunflower... correct me if I am wrong....

As for the HWH.. right now, from what I am hearing, they are only giving 6 months... wish it was the full 12 months they are entitled to, but they are way overcrowded.

I just talked to "Sunflower".. her sweetie is at the camp, and she verified the visiting hours at the camp are the same as the FCI... 8-3. So... It wouldn't really make a difference. I'm sorry... But it sounds like a GREAT idea to me!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think that their visiting hours are 8-8... Check this out.. it is the visiting regulations:

Whomever told you that was the hours was mistaken.. Sunflower... correct me if I am wrong....

As for the HWH.. right now, from what I am hearing, they are only giving 6 months... wish it was the full 12 months they are entitled to, but they are way overcrowded.

I just talked to "Sunflower".. her sweetie is at the camp, and she verified the visiting hours at the camp are the same as the FCI... 8-3. So... It wouldn't really make a difference. I'm sorry... But it sounds like a GREAT idea to me!
I wish it was the full 12 months also but my man will be going to Michigan City and I heard that place is real rough from many different people so in a way I'm thankful he'll only have to deal with it for at most 120 days. But, you said you'e in Ohio? You're not far from me then. I drive straight thru Ohio to get to him. Would you be interested in ride sharing?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:

I wish it was the full 12 months also but my man will be going to Michigan City and I heard that place is real rough from many different people so in a way I'm thankful he'll only have to deal with it for at most 120 days. But, you said you'e in Ohio? You're not far from me then. I drive straight thru Ohio to get to him. Would you be interested in ride sharing?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:

I appreciate the invite, but I already ride with Chrissee on here. We have been sharing for about a year now, and our guys are good friends. I will see if I can find you someone though. I can have Scott to ask around if you like. He has helped me out before, and he owes me a few hundred favors! Just let me know!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the invite, but I already ride with Chrissee on here. We have been sharing for about a year now, and our guys are good friends. I will see if I can find you someone though. I can have Scott to ask around if you like. He has helped me out before, and he owes me a few hundred favors! Just let me know!
I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I will email him right now! I was about to anyway for my good night "kiss"!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 AM

It's been too long since I've been on here!! How is everyone? Visitation was awesome this weekend...got to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday with my sweetie. We also realized that we're comng up on our halfway point....and although I hate counting days (because it will definitely drive you nuts)...YAY! Hope everyone else is doing well. I should probably get back to work. It's been a rough one already...ugh!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
It's been too long since I've been on here!! How is everyone? Visitation was awesome this weekend...got to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday with my sweetie. We also realized that we're comng up on our halfway point....and although I hate counting days (because it will definitely drive you nuts)...YAY! Hope everyone else is doing well. I should probably get back to work. It's been a rough one already...ugh!
You were there Sunflower? I was there all weekend too on my first visit with my sweetie. I'm glad you had a good visit. I hope your week gets better.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:08 AM

Yay - it was your first visit there? That's awesome! I bet it was good to see him, huh?