Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
I am so happy for you!!!! Maybe things are begining to look up for you all.
Oh, how I Hope!!! I am on the phone every-other day with the lawyer to see if there are any updates. It's funny... he is a lawyer in a big city (Columbus), and I don't have to even tell him who it is any longer! He knows my voice!

Keep your fingers crossed, and as always, prayers are always welcome!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Oh, how I Hope!!! I am on the phone every-other day with the lawyer to see if there are any updates. It's funny... he is a lawyer in a big city (Columbus), and I don't have to even tell him who it is any longer! He knows my voice!

Keep your fingers crossed, and as always, prayers are always welcome!
Will that change his date out? I see you have 11 months...will he be out in 5 to a half way house now? My son had a charge pending against him before, he filled a 190 day writ, and they droped the charges. Untill then he wasn't able to transfer back to ky, and he said it would stop him from going to a half way house. Thankfully all that is behind us now! Hopefully for you also!
The Following User Says Thank You to JenaG For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
Will that change his date out? I see you have 11 months...will he be out in 5 to a half way house now? My son had a charge pending against him before, he filled a 190 day writ, and they droped the charges. Untill then he wasn't able to transfer back to ky, and he said it would stop him from going to a half way house. Thankfully all that is behind us now! Hopefully for you also!
Actually, no. It will be the same outdate as I have on my ticker. I have always said this will be when he gets out. He will then go to the HWH at that time. But there are so many other things going on now, too, that it may be even sooner than that! I don't want to go in to all that right now, until I know all the details. Going to see him this weekend (RIGHT CHRISSY? LOL), so hopefully I will find out more then. He sounds so good right now... we have so much going our way for a change.. it is almost scary!

Thanks for everything!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 PM

Yes ma'am! We are going to see our men this weekend Ms. Ladybug!!! I can't wait!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Yay! I'm excited for you guys!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
chrissee138 (01-17-2011), his_ladybug (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
Yay! I'm excited for you guys!

Wish you were going too! When does he get back? If you even know yet....

Old 01-14-2011, 02:03 PM

I wish I was too. The 10/11 hour drive doesn't seem so rough now! lol I still don't know when he'll get back to Manchester, but I finally got to see him after a month of worrying myself sick. The positives - I got to see him, he looks good and he still has his sense of humor...the negatives - the visit was 30 minutes (I think they cut us short, though...) and it was through 1" of bullet proof glass with a telephone. Ugh. I have been so spoiled by the visits in Manchester I guess! I can't wait to finally get a hug and kiss when he gets back down there. Have fun this weekend and drive safe, ladies!

The Following User Says Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (01-17-2011)
Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I wish I was too. The 10/11 hour drive doesn't seem so rough now! lol I still don't know when he'll get back to Manchester, but I finally got to see him after a month of worrying myself sick. The positives - I got to see him, he looks good and he still has his sense of humor...the negatives - the visit was 30 minutes (I think they cut us short, though...) and it was through 1" of bullet proof glass with a telephone. Ugh. I have been so spoiled by the visits in Manchester I guess! I can't wait to finally get a hug and kiss when he gets back down there. Have fun this weekend and drive safe, ladies!
We had a GREAT visit! I love being able to fall in love with him every time I see him! And you know... even when he gets home, I feel that it will be the same.... almost over!!!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Unhappy Boyfriend in manchester

i live in sc wish i could go see him
Old 01-18-2011, 02:23 PM

Ladybug - Won't that be incredible? When they're home and we can finally start our lives as whole families again? I cannot wait for that feeling.

Sunshine - Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. That's rough not being able to visit. I went about a month not being able to see him at first and then another month recently while he has been in transit...I couldn't imagine having to go any longer than that. Is he able to call very often? Do you two correspond with letters and emails?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine44 View Post
i live in sc wish i could go see him
Sunshine, I too hate to hear that you can't go see him. Ask him to check around there to see if anyone else there has family in SC that you might be able to travel with. I would suggest getting to know them first, before making a trip with them, but it is ultimately whatever you are comfortable with. Chrissee and I meet about half way and travel the rest together. It has helped us both out A LOT, and now I hate to go any other way!

Sunflower, We are both SOOO ready to get this over with! I am still doing some checking, but there is a good chance that it may be sooner than we think! Keep your fingers crossed!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 PM

Default going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Sunshine, I too hate to hear that you can't go see him. Ask him to check around there to see if anyone else there has family in SC that you might be able to travel with. I would suggest getting to know them first, before making a trip with them, but it is ultimately whatever you are comfortable with. Chrissee and I meet about half way and travel the rest together. It has helped us both out A LOT, and now I hate to go any other way!

Sunflower, We are both SOOO ready to get this over with! I am still doing some checking, but there is a good chance that it may be sooner than we think! Keep your fingers crossed!
i want to see him i need to ask him that i will get there one way or the other
Old 01-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine44 View Post
i want to see him i need to ask him that i will get there one way or the other

I can only IMAGINE what you are going through... We have been through a LOT.. the longest span we went without seeing eachother was July - Nov. 2009... There was sooooo much going on.. he was sentenced, then I had surgery, he was moved to the feds, then I got sick with H1N1.... FINALLY in November, I was able to go see him... but it was well worth the wait! Before, we just had 15 min video chats at the county jail... after 4 months... no visits.. I got to see HIM.. not a screen, not a phone... HIM... I got to hold him and kiss him... it was the most wonderful feeling in the world! I hate to admit it... but I almost didn't recognize him when he walked into the room! LOL

If you are able to go see him... let me know... we all have our little "money saving" secrets that we use down there! Every little bit will help!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:19 PM

Jeez, Ladybug. I didn't know you went through so much. Everyone has their stories, I know, I just didn't realize how much you two went through!

The Following User Says Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (02-05-2011)
Old 02-05-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Jeez, Ladybug. I didn't know you went through so much. Everyone has their stories, I know, I just didn't realize how much you two went through!
Aww... it isn't too bad, and I am in NO WAY trying to say we had it tougher than anyone else (and I know you aren't suggesting that either), we have actually had it pretty easy! I have been able to visit more than we had planned, and keep up with my kids (3 of them little rascals!), my job, AND I stared back to school after he got locked up... I just know what it is like to not get to see them, or to, like you right now, have a visit where you can't touch them... It's hard, and I relate, but I love him and we are making it work! Not just anyone can do what we are doing... we are a VERY special breed!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 AM

I am just heart broken. My husband has been denied visitation to see our son. I can still go, but I know that he was looking forward to seeing him as much as I was. He said that he would take me up there to see him as soon as the weather breaks...but I don't want things to be so rough on him...He gets out next February for his half way time...so another twelve months...I will be so glad when this nightmare is over with. I sometimes feel like we have been in prison along with our son. I called the prison, but they said that he (or son) will have to be the one to appeal the decision.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Oh, Jena. I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope your son decides to appeal the decision and I really hope something can be done. I'm sure it will be hard for all involved if they don't allow your husband to see him the whole time. I'm so sorry!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM

Smile

Quote:
Oh, Jena. I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope your son decides to appeal the decision and I really hope something can be done. I'm sure it will be hard for all involved if they don't allow your husband to see him the whole time. I'm so sorry!
I suppose we just wait and see. I am thankful he only has 12 more months to do. I can go see him, for which I am thankful for....I just really hate it for my husband. He loves and misses him as much as I do, and I know he hurts because of it. They denied my daughter also, so he isn't alone. Both of them are on two year unsupervised probation which started in June of this last year. Misdemeanor charges. That is the only thing that they have in common, so I assume this is the reason since both of them are denied. It is ironic though because he has been approved to come home instead of going to a halfway house, so who knows! I will just be glad when this nightmare is over and he is back home! I have threatened him with in a inch of his life on doing any thing else that will cause trouble like this in the family again! We will appeal and hope for the best, and be glad it is almost over with! Things could be so much worse!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Isn't that strange? He's been approved to go home in lieu of the halfway house, but can't get visits from his sister and father. I guess it probably is just because of their probation status. That's awesome that your son will come home, though. YAY! You made me giggle when you said that part about threatening him within an inch of his life if he did anything like this again. I have had that discussion a few times now! lol

Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Jena, I am sorry to hear that they were denied visits. I hope he appeals too. It can't hurt! I do know, that being federal, they are much stricter than state or county facilities about who they will let in. It is strange how it seems that they make up their own rules to suit themselves... but it is the Federal Government... and if they are good at anything at all, it is that...

I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted!

I am headed down there this weekend! I can't wait to see my baby!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 AM

Yay - have fun, Ladybug. I can't wait to have a trip planned...I'm getting impatient! Do you think they'd let me pick him up from this facility and drive him to Manchester myself? lol Anyway, have fun.

Jena - I forgot to ask how your son is doing in Manchester. Is it a lot better to him compared to the place he was at before?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Yay - have fun, Ladybug. I can't wait to have a trip planned...I'm getting impatient! Do you think they'd let me pick him up from this facility and drive him to Manchester myself? lol Anyway, have fun.

Jena - I forgot to ask how your son is doing in Manchester. Is it a lot better to him compared to the place he was at before?
Neal seems to be doing good. He said that a lot of the staff nit pic over insignificant things though. When he first got there he hated it compared to Texas...I found out later it was because they didn't have the weights. Since they have gotten them back he seems to be a lot happier. He did say that they don't have any programs as compared to what they had in Texas.
Other then that I would think he's most aggravating difference is the weather even though he has not said anything about it! Going from a mild climate to massive amounts of snow is bound to be a little disheartening! But all is well I suppose...spring is right around the corner and he only has 373 more days till he is back home!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM

Too funny - my fiance asked me to find out if they had gotten the weights back yet. (Side note - isn't it strange the things that they think/worry about with all of the time they have on their hands? lol) I'm glad they do. I think that helps a lot of the guys! That stinks about the programs, though. We didn't have anything to compare it to when my guy first got to Manchester, so everything was a great improvement from what he was expecting. I'm just glad that your son is closer to you than before and you can plan to see him as soon as the weather cooperates with you. YAY!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Default And the verdict is.....

THEY DROPPED THE HOLD!!!!

That's right!!! It is dropped! My baby will DEFINATELY be home this year!!

I was there to see him this weekend, and was a little disappointed last night when I didn't get an email from him, after spending all day with him... I got to visit this morning, and he came in the room (first one in as usual) and he comes over to me.. and instead of the usual hug and kiss.. he stops me and looks at me and tells me that he has good news and bad news... I looked at him and said ok, and tried to kiss him.. and he said no.. GRR!!! He said I have good news and I have bad news.. .again I aked... why aren't you kissing me! LOL He said, I got two letters from you yesterday.. I was like.. great, now kiss me! and he says "and I got a cop out saying that they dropped the PRC HOLD!" I screamed, and hugged and kissed him so hard!!! I started crying and couldn't even imagine anything better that he could have told me! What a wonderful Valentine's gift!!! Today was a really good day! Now.. to get his health back in order!

The bad news was that whatever this rash is that he has, is still spreading, and today, the stuff on the back of his legs was seeping so badly that it was soaking through his pants. It looked like he sat in a puddle of water. He hurts so bad, and they aren't doing anything but making him buy anti-fungal cream to put on it... it is really bad... I wish there was more I can do...

But... I hope you all have a great weekend, and remember, that even though your Valentine isn't with you in person, be sure that they are in your heart and you are in theirs. Love to all!

~LB~

Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 PM

That is incredible news. I'm so happy to hear that! So, he'll definitely be home this year. Yay!!!!!

The continuing health issues are very frustrating. It's hard to comprehend why they won't do more to help resolve that issue. Have they done any real testing or tried any other meds besides the anti-fungal cream?