Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrojane View Post
Thank you for responding. I'm guessing you mean assistant warden? I'm not real familiar. I spoke with my neighbor, a KY state representative and he is going to call in the morning. "fingers cossed"
Sorry.. AW is Assistant Warden... I hope your neighbor was able to get things done for you today!

So, your neighbor is the KY State Rep huh? Maybe he can help me with something... I have contacted mine, and can't get anything done... maybe if he contacted my Rep then we could make some progress!

You see, the state of OH has a hold on him that will take away his Halfway house time that he is entiled to. His state sentence will be served in December 2010, and they want to hold him in the feds until June 2012, when he should be going to the hwh in Dec 2011... they want to come down and cuff him and take him back to OH for a one day evaluation that we could take care of while he is in the HWH... they want to cuff him without a warrant, without any charges, and no case.. so.. we need to get it dropped... we have a lawyer working on it, but he isn't making much progress... we just need help.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 PM

Talking Just a chuckle to share!

Hey ladies.. first, let me say that I am sorry if this offends any of you, it is not my intention.. but this was SOOOO funny that I had to share!

So, I decided to look up one the the guys my sweetie talks about all the time on the BOP site... being a bit preoccupied with homework and FaceBook, I typed in www.bop.com... OMG! Yeah.. it is the farthest thing from what I was looking for! Just be careful what you type!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Hey ladies.. first, let me say that I am sorry if this offends any of you, it is not my intention.. but this was SOOOO funny that I had to share!

So, I decided to look up one the the guys my sweetie talks about all the time on the BOP site... being a bit preoccupied with homework and FaceBook, I typed in www.bop.com... OMG! Yeah.. it is the farthest thing from what I was looking for! Just be careful what you type!

lmao - too funny. Thanks for the giggle!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 PM

It's too quiet in here! How the heck is everyone???

How are we dealing with the holidays???

Old 12-03-2010, 10:08 AM

lol Yes, it is too quiet in here. I had a great Thanksgiving visit - 4 days of the best conversation ever. I also had the pleasure of having my first pat down experience. Oh, twice. I wonder if they're always a little more secure around holidays (with so many people coming in) or if it's just with the recent increase in contraband. Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing good!

Old 12-04-2010, 11:04 PM

It's been wild around here. (my Family) My niece was shot by her boyfriend luckily she is doing well now..I was at there house watching my mother in law..and my sister in law who has downs syndrome for two weeks...then two days before thanksgiving my mother in law passed away. My husband and daughter still doesn't have permission to visit yet! Ahggggg!!!!!! We haven't told our son about his grandmother...I told him not to long ago she wasn't doing well, he said if something happens to her, he didn't want to know. so we haven't told him. I sure hope things get better!!! Hope every one else on here is doing well!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Oh my gosh, Jena. I can't imagine what you've been going through handling everything all at once like this. I am so sorry to hear all of this. How will the recovery process be for your niece? I hope it goes easy for her. Please let us know if you need anything!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
It's been wild around here. (my Family) My niece was shot by her boyfriend luckily she is doing well now..I was at there house watching my mother in law..and my sister in law who has downs syndrome for two weeks...then two days before thanksgiving my mother in law passed away. My husband and daughter still doesn't have permission to visit yet! Ahggggg!!!!!! We haven't told our son about his grandmother...I told him not to long ago she wasn't doing well, he said if something happens to her, he didn't want to know. so we haven't told him. I sure hope things get better!!! Hope every one else on here is doing well!
Jena, I am really sorry to hear about all of the problems you are having.. there isn't anything worse than trying to deal with it all on our own. I really hope your niece is ok.

Just remember we are all becoming stronger women for doing what we do! Not everyone is cut out for this! Keep the faith, and keep your head up!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:17 AM

Things are looking good for my niece. She is being operated on today to repair some of the damage done to her thumb. They say that they are going to sew it to her belly for a while?? Never heard of such, but the hospital in Louisville is top of the line, so they should know what they are doing! Mentally, she doesn't recall the shooting...this may or not be a blessing. Regardless she is doing well physically, and it doesn't seem to have affected her mental abilities very bad thank God. Time will tell. Other then that we are just biding our time till we get to visit our son. Thanks for the support.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
Things are looking good for my niece. She is being operated on today to repair some of the damage done to her thumb. They say that they are going to sew it to her belly for a while?? Never heard of such, but the hospital in Louisville is top of the line, so they should know what they are doing! Mentally, she doesn't recall the shooting...this may or not be a blessing. Regardless she is doing well physically, and it doesn't seem to have affected her mental abilities very bad thank God. Time will tell. Other then that we are just biding our time till we get to visit our son. Thanks for the support.
Jena, I am glad that she is doing well. I hope the surgery went well today! I have heard of them sewing the hand to the belly for healing. If there was massive skin loss, it will help regenerate it... Yeah.. I watch WAY too much Discovery and Discovery Health! Please keep us posted on her condition! I hope youget to see your son soon!

Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM

I have never heard of that either - sewing the hand to the belly - that is wild! I thought I watched tons of Discovery Channel shows, too. lol

Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 PM

Default i am the daughter of a FCI Manchester Kentucky prisoner

i wanted to see if someone could inform me on what kind of things we're allowed to send the prisoner besides letters. from past letters i have realized that my dad is often bored with nothing to do and this makes him think about things too much. it concerns me. what things can we send them? books? magazines? crossword puzzle books? pencils? paper? or anything? Please help and let me know.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Talking I LOVE good news!

Got the best early Christmas present in the world today!!!! So, the lawyer called about the hold that Ohio has on him that would keep him from getting his HWH time... and keep him there until June 2012 and not Dec. 2011... well!!!! He said that all the state needs is a DNA sample and the hold is........

DROPPED!!!!

Yupp! That's what I said!!! I am soo excited! He called me tonight, and I got to tell him on the phone.. he hung up early just so that he could get to his counselor to see how to get it to them!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:47 AM

That is GREAT news! Please keep us posted on everything. I'm so happy for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (12-22-2010)
Old 12-24-2010, 05:37 PM

Talking Merry Christmas!

Hello all! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Old 12-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl2007 View Post
my husband has been at manchester camp for almost a year. I have founf the gusards have been great, and he likes where he is. He gets to go out in the commnity and work, and they have other stuff for them to do. I like that when i visit the facility with my daughter, it doesnt feel like or look like we are in a prison. My daughter is 2 and i have told here daddy is at work, because i dont think it is right to tell her at such a young age. But any memories she may have will just be of a gray building.
He has told me that there is not a lot of violence there and the guards are really nice. I like the fact that there are no metal detectors to go thru to ake my daughter feel wierd about visiting daddy. So all in all, it is not a bad place to visit as far as prisons go, and i have been in a few different ones with other friends and relatives. Okay i think i have babbled enough already about it, but if you have any questions, i can probably answer them.

i would love to hear from you anytime. We will start our visits to the camp in feb.2011
my youngest son is coming to manchester camp from yazoo city,ms.low
i know the low is suppose to be alot better for the prisoner. I sure hope so. We have less than 2 years before he will be home with us.
Do they all get to go out to work? Can they further their education while there? I have so many questions i could worry you to much. I will try to slow down but not knowing is tough. Thanks for your time.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 PM

Dess - The visits are great at the camp. Some guards are tougher than others, but it's easy to enjoy a visit even with the strict ones there. It took a few weeks for my fiance to get designated to work, but I think everyone HAS to work there. They have educational programs, but I didn't get too much detail on what exactly they have. They have an indoor gym area and an outdoor weight pile with a track and field. The camp also has a lot of organized sports teams - basketball, football, etc. My fiance told me that they have very few issues there at the camp - he's only witnessed a verbal altercation and that was quickly squashed by a couple of older inmates. I think they're pretty good about keeping things calm so they can keep their privileges. Hope this helps!

Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM

My man is going to USP Lee this week and I am looking for any information I can get... Is there anyone out there that can help???
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Happy New Year!

Hello Ladies! I just wanted to wish you all a very happy new year! Here's to hoping that we have a quiet year at FCI / FPC Manchester! Love ya all!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 AM

happy new year to all!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralizrn77 View Post
hi joshua's mom
i really hope we can get a good thread going about manchester....i don't know if it is just that boring of a place or what?? But its hard to find stuff on here about manchester
how long will your son be there and how long has he been?
Have the staff been ok with you and him?

my son is suppose to be at the camp the last of jan. 2011
we are coming from yazoo city ms low. We have 2 years to go and then he should be home. I always say we because my life is in their with him. He is 31 and has 4 children ages 6 thru 13. Got wrapped up in drugs. I have watched him grow up in a federal prison. We still have a forgiving and loving god, and this to shall pass.
Maybe we will meet at the camp. It is about 7 hours one way so i will only come once a month.
Thanks for any info you you would like to share about what we are getting into. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to dess12300 For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Happy New Year, everyone!

Welcome to the thread, dess12300! I don't know what Yazoo Low is like, but Manchester Camp is very laid back. There aren't any fences around the back, all of the guys walk freely around there and there is plenty to keep them busy and out of trouble. Visitation is great - a lot more relaxed than I ever imagined - and there are some areas and activities just for the kids. Let us know if you have any specific questions that we can answer for you. Again, welcome!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM

Woo Hoo! Welcome Dess!!! It is nice to see a new "face"! We are pretty quiet, and NO DRAMA! :P

We have a couple ladies here with guys at the camp, and some at the FCI. The rules for both are pretty close to the same, but the camp ladies no more about that side of it.

But, as miss flower said.. if you have any questions, just ask! I helped her out a little when she first got here, now she has her wings! LOL

I have made a lot of good friends on this thread, some that I talk to (outside of here) on a daily basis! It is great to have support like that!

Wishing you the best!

Brandi

Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dess12300 View Post
my son is suppose to be at the camp the last of jan. 2011
we are coming from yazoo city ms low. We have 2 years to go and then he should be home. I always say we because my life is in their with him. He is 31 and has 4 children ages 6 thru 13. Got wrapped up in drugs. I have watched him grow up in a federal prison. We still have a forgiving and loving god, and this to shall pass.
Maybe we will meet at the camp. It is about 7 hours one way so i will only come once a month.
Thanks for any info you you would like to share about what we are getting into. Thanks
My son turns 30 in Manchester camp in 8 days. He also has done a lot of growing up in prison. He was transfered to manchester camp last month after serving most of his time in Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas. He has 13 more months before he will be released to home incarceration. He has three chidren which were able to go visit and see he for the first time in a year and a half Sunday. He was so excited to see them, as they were to see him! I can't tell you anything about the camp as I have not been there yet. But my son says it is laid back. I assume this is good. Well good luck to you and your son.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Got the best early Christmas present in the world today!!!! So, the lawyer called about the hold that Ohio has on him that would keep him from getting his HWH time... and keep him there until June 2012 and not Dec. 2011... well!!!! He said that all the state needs is a DNA sample and the hold is........

DROPPED!!!!

Yupp! That's what I said!!! I am soo excited! He called me tonight, and I got to tell him on the phone.. he hung up early just so that he could get to his counselor to see how to get it to them!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited!!!!
I am so happy for you!!!! Maybe things are begining to look up for you all.