Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
I am trying to fill out the paper so that I can go visit my son! Did one of you say that you sent the paper ahead of time to the prison? I sure hope I recall everything. My husband is a truck driver, so he has had several moving violations over the years, I am just going to have to tell them that! 35 years of truck driving and tickets... there is no way to remember all of them!
Hi, JenaG! I sent mine in a couple days after he got settled in, but I was told by my guy that I was supposed to wait for him to give me his counselor's name to address the envelope to. Still, it went through and I was accepted. The manual and visitor's info all tells you that the inmate will fill out some forms and then send them to you, but that was never done. He was just told to have me go online and fill out the form and then mail it in. Hope that helps - or I hope someone else has better info for you.

Hope everyone is doing good - I haven't been on here in a while.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_ladybug View Post
Trust me, we would rather someone question things early than not at all! I have posted after only a few hours... I get REALLY nervous! I am better now, but post whenever you think there might be an issue. My sweetie and I have a "schedule" too so when he misses the schedule.. .I FREAK! LOL
Believe me, I wanted to post right away! It's the not knowing that keeps coming up and scaring me - the sentencing process, the designation and now possible lockdowns. Ugh! I'm just a big basket of nervousness some days. I'm sure everyone can relate. Thanks, ladybug!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:34 PM

Quick question sunflowr... WHAT IS THE MAILING ADDRESS FOR THE CAMP...All I have found so far is the address for the FCI, or does all the mail go through there? I need to get the newspaper and magazine transferred from Texas to Ky that he gets.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Quick question sunflowr... WHAT IS THE MAILING ADDRESS FOR THE CAMP...All I have found so far is the address for the FCI, or does all the mail go through there? I need to get the newspaper and magazine transferred from Texas to Ky that he gets.
I think the address is the same for both places, but for mail and packages, I use the following: Manchester FPC, (his name & number), PO Box 4000, Manchester KY 40962

For the visitation form, they told me to mail those to: Manchester FPC, (counselor's name), PO Box 3000, Manchester KY 40962 (Just an fyi, I wrote "attention: visitation forms" on the envelope since I didn't have his counselor's name at the time and I got approved in about a week. Like I said before, they must be used to overly eager people like me!)

Old 10-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
I think the address is the same for both places, but for mail and packages, I use the following: Manchester FPC, (his name & number), PO Box 4000, Manchester KY 40962

For the visitation form, they told me to mail those to: Manchester FPC, (counselor's name), PO Box 3000, Manchester KY 40962 (Just an fyi, I wrote "attention: visitation forms" on the envelope since I didn't have his counselor's name at the time and I got approved in about a week. Like I said before, they must be used to overly eager people like me!)
Thanks so MUCH! Twelve more days and my son is back in Kentucky!!! His release date to either a half way house or hopefully to home incarceration is February 2012 as of right now. It looks like mine and yours get out about the same time!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:48 PM

are children allowed to sit on their daddy's lap at visitation? I think I read somewhere they couldn't, but in the forums they could. He has three kids, and when they finally get to see him, I bet they will be all over him!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
are children allowed to sit on their daddy's lap at visitation? I think I read somewhere they couldn't, but in the forums they could. He has three kids, and when they finally get to see him, I bet they will be all over him!

Yes... they can. The book says no, but they are pretty laid back about it. I took MY kids with me in July. He isn't even their step-dad, but they still let him hold them. I really hope you enjoy your visit!

Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Believe me, I wanted to post right away! It's the not knowing that keeps coming up and scaring me - the sentencing process, the designation and now possible lockdowns. Ugh! I'm just a big basket of nervousness some days. I'm sure everyone can relate. Thanks, ladybug!

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say.. yes.. we can relate! It is a scary thing to be going through, and luckily we have each other to help us! I have made two really good friends on here, and I can't wait to make more!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Yes... they can. The book says no, but they are pretty laid back about it. I took MY kids with me in July. He isn't even their step-dad, but they still let him hold them. I really hope you enjoy your visit!
I am so glad to hear that. I haven't told him one way or the other yet. He probably hasn't even thought about that yet. It has been a long time since he has been able to hug em! 2 years! (Or me hug him!) I was able to talk to him on the phone yesterday, I told him this was the longest time out he's ever had! Then threatened him within a inch of his life if he ever got into trouble again!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I am so glad to hear that. I haven't told him one way or the other yet. He probably hasn't even thought about that yet. It has been a long time since he has been able to hug em! 2 years! (Or me hug him!) I was able to talk to him on the phone yesterday, I told him this was the longest time out he's ever had! Then threatened him within a inch of his life if he ever got into trouble again!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I had my first visit today - it was awesome! They are definitely more relaxed than I thought. There are lots of things to make the kids feel comfortable, too. I'm so happy for you that he'll be back in Kentucky soon. I think you speak for everyone here in that this better be it for all of these men.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:59 AM

Default wanna know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua's Mom View Post
I have a son at Manchester FPC
can you tell me a little about manchester camp? visits, fence or no fence, work, living conditions, etc. thanks!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:59 AM

I think I'm "butting in", but my fiance is at the Manchester camp. There isn't a fence around the sides or back of the compound. The visiting room reminded me a lot of a doctor's waiting room or the airport terminal...but less comfy seating and add a bunch of vending machines and a couple microwaves. During visits, you can also go to an outside area where you can sit at the picnic tables. There is a playground for kids out there...games and cards inside for the kids, too. My guy says that the place reminds him more of a sports camp - no bars or handcuffs or chains...it's like a dorm. The beds are uncomfortable and he has to bundle up in his winter jacket and hat before going to sleep because his bed is right under the a/c vent, but the living conditions are MUCH better than he expected. Some of the guys that are in there have told him that this place is probably the best as far as the freedoms and comfort level, but I don't know where they came from before Manchester. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 PM

my friend got a letter to surrender to manchester fci. how will he know if he is going to the med or camp?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 PM

My guy is in the camp - his designation letter said something like Manchester FSP or something like that. Which I think stands for Federal Satellite Prison, but we honestly weren't sure where he was going until he walked in there. (It's aggravating that they give you this letter, but there are no details in it!) Oh, and they self surrender at the main FCI building...where the medium security prison is.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM

did you say you man had to surrender at the med security prison and then he went to the camp? do you mind me asking how much time he had? my friend has 10 months i think he said.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:55 PM

No, he surrendered to the camp - that's where is/was designated to go. It's just that the building that you surrender to is the main building where the medium security prison is. I just wanted to make sure you knew that because when he went to surrender, we went to the camp side and they directed us to the medium security side to check in and get processed. It freaked us out because we thought there was some mixup and he was going to be there instead of the camp like we thought...but after they get processed and everything, they take them over to the camp. My guy was sentenced to 20 months, but it looks like he'll be serving 16 right now. This is his first (and last!) time in and it looks like he'll be spending the whole time there in Manchester.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
No, he surrendered to the camp - that's where is/was designated to go. It's just that the building that you surrender to is the main building where the medium security prison is. I just wanted to make sure you knew that because when he went to surrender, we went to the camp side and they directed us to the medium security side to check in and get processed. It freaked us out because we thought there was some mixup and he was going to be there instead of the camp like we thought...but after they get processed and everything, they take them over to the camp. My guy was sentenced to 20 months, but it looks like he'll be serving 16 right now. This is his first (and last!) time in and it looks like he'll be spending the whole time there in Manchester.
I believe he told me his letter said Manchester FCI. He has 9 months to do and is a first time offender with a white collar crime. Seems he would be at the camp too but if his letter said Manchester FCI and you mans letter said Manchester FPC sounds like he is going to be housed at the med security prison. Did you know exactly where your man was going before you left the day he surrendered or did you have to wait for him to call and let you know? I appreciate your responses.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:22 AM

I'll have to look for the designation letter and see exactly what it said. Could your friend call the pre-trial services contact you had and ask them to confirm exactly which place he's going? I would think based on the sentenced time and the crime type that he would be at the camp. We weren't really sure which place my fiance was going, but we were told by the pre-trial services lady that she thought it was the camp. I went with him to Kentucky when he surrendered, so we found out where he was going when we actually got there. I hope I'm helping you in some way! I'm new to all of this as well, so I'm hoping someone else here can give you some direction too!

The Following User Says Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
santaclause (10-17-2010)
Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaclause View Post
my friend got a letter to surrender to manchester fci. how will he know if he is going to the med or camp?

Sorry I have missed these posts... and not sure if you have gotten your answer yet or not, but if it says FCI, that is the Med. The camp would have FPC or something. My baby is in the FCI... it is a good place, as far as prisons go. They are pretty laid back, and as long as you don't cause problems, they don't cause problems.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:18 AM

ahh!! They have postponed his departure from Dallas to Ky by 24 hours! Oh well. I will sure be glad when he gets back here! I don't suppose 24 hours will kill us!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
ahh!! They have postponed his departure from Dallas to Ky by 24 hours! Oh well. I will sure be glad when he gets back here! I don't suppose 24 hours will kill us!

lol I know it must be driving you a little batty! It'll be nice when he's back in the same state as you finally. Hang in there!

The Following User Says Thank You to sunflwr_fields For This Useful Post:
JenaG (10-24-2010)
Old 10-22-2010, 10:31 AM

Default Fci manchester

Hi, my boyfriend is wanting to transfer to FCI Manchester, does anyone know anything about this prison. Do they have any educational programs,etc. Thanks, Carol
Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 AM

They put our son on a bus from Texas to Ky. I suppose I told you they were coming through the city we live in...No lay over at all though. There was one in Nashville!!! 1 hour!! So instead of going to the bus station here and waving, we drove there at 1 Am and saw him!! We, along with his sister and her daughter had a nice visit. We got back home around 5:45 this morning!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:46 PM

Default My Mans at USP LEE in VA.

Hi everyone, my name is Carol. I live in NC. My fiancee is in USP LEE in VA. He's wanting to be transferred to FCI Manchester in KY. He has served 7 yrs. of a 15 yr. sentence. I will be moving to KY in a few months, that's where alot of my family is. Anyway, does anyone know how FCI Manchester is??? Do they have any educational programs,etc???? Please let me know. Thank you so much.