Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjonaas View Post
Also enterprise is the same as alamo so they have the same rules
Thanks...that is good to know!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Go to websites of the major companies. They all publish their policies re forms of payment. You mention Enterprise, here is there page for example

https://www.enterprise.com/en/help/f...f-payment.html

Reserve ahead through the company website of whoever you rent from, follow their specific rules, print rules out as suggested and you should be fine.
Thanks for this!

Old 02-13-2018, 08:15 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I would still make sure with what ever rental place what exactly they expect regarding a rental car and using a prepaid card or secured card, to make sure this is correct!!! I couldn't use a prepaid card at FT Laud. airport car rental place a few years ago some stupid rule I forget why now but it was something to do with my card, I ended up just taking cabs and spending a fortune!!!
That is what I am afraid of. That is why I posted this question hoping that it might help others as well. I did happen to find a transport company that will be willing to pick me up from the airport and transport me between the hotel and prison. By me not knowing the area, I believe that might be the best route for me to go. It probably we come out the same price as renting a car.

The Following User Says Thank You to candy For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 06:11 AM

Thanked 5,283 Times in 2,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy View Post
That is what I am afraid of. That is why I posted this question hoping that it might help others as well. I did happen to find a transport company that will be willing to pick me up from the airport and transport me between the hotel and prison. By me not knowing the area, I believe that might be the best route for me to go. It probably we come out the same price as renting a car.
That is probably the best solution. Most prisons are in isolated area's and are not on major roads. Find out what you can bring in before you go, where I've been they never had lockers to store anything such as phone, purse, keys. It made life very rough for visiting if I wasn't driving my car.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
candy (02-15-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 07:40 AM

Thanked 2,459 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy View Post
Honestly if you can avoid this you are going to be better off. When I visit I can only bring in my keys, ID and my money for the vending machines. There are no lockers. If you get refused to visit because of your clothes you wonít have an extra set. Then you have to decide if you feel comfortable leaving your purse or phone in the car with the transport company. If for some reason you get denied visitation you may be waiting a long time for the car to come back if you canít contact them.

Just call the location you want to rent the car and ask them because each location is different. You may have to pay a slightly higher rate. Iíve never had a problem using a debit card but it was a visa debit, not a bank card. Be sure to ask if that makes a difference. I never had to pay a deposit as long as I could show a return flight and it had to be the official airline reservation.

Also, check with your insurance company to see if they cover rentals. Usually they do if you have collision coverage on your car. If they donít ALWAYS get the insurance or you could be liable for thousands of dollars if you get in an accident instead of just a deductible.

ďAbsorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your ownĒ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
candy (02-15-2018), xolady (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Honestly if you can avoid this you are going to be better off. When I visit I can only bring in my keys, ID and my money for the vending machines. There are no lockers. If you get refused to visit because of your clothes you wonít have an extra set. Then you have to decide if you feel comfortable leaving your purse or phone in the car with the transport company. If for some reason you get denied visitation you may be waiting a long time for the car to come back if you canít contact them.

Just call the location you want to rent the car and ask them because each location is different. You may have to pay a slightly higher rate. Iíve never had a problem using a debit card but it was a visa debit, not a bank card. Be sure to ask if that makes a difference. I never had to pay a deposit as long as I could show a return flight and it had to be the official airline reservation.

Also, check with your insurance company to see if they cover rentals. Usually they do if you have collision coverage on your car. If they donít ALWAYS get the insurance or you could be liable for thousands of dollars if you get in an accident instead of just a deductible.
Thanks Andy, I never thought about checking with the insurance company. I know that I have coverage for a Rental if I get in an accident to use while my car is in the shop. Yeah, I think that I will go with the car rental, because I wouldn't want to leave my purse in the hotel room, and especially not the transport van. I guess I was just assuming that all prisons had lockers.

The Following User Says Thank You to candy For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-16-2018)