Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:48 PM

Default Boyfriend moving to state prison, still GTL?

Im currently talking to my boyfriend through GTL in county will that be the same after reception when he can call me? I use my cellphone and was wondering if phone companies were going to be the same in state
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,823 Times in 5,322 Posts

It will still be GTL, but you will want to make sure you switch your account to California (oh gosh, guys...help me out...DOC? what does it say?).

It's a bit confusing because it looks like you should choose his specific facility, but you don't. It's a generic name for all state facilities.

Sorry, I'm having a brain bubble! But if you hit the drop down menu on GTL, you should see it.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
It will still be GTL, but you will want to make sure you switch your account to California (oh gosh, guys...help me out...DOC? what does it say?).

It's a bit confusing because it looks like you should choose his specific facility, but you don't. It's a generic name for all state facilities.

Sorry, I'm having a brain bubble! But if you hit the drop down menu on GTL, you should see it.

--- Its ok thankyou!! Is it best to just wait for his call before changing my account??
Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,823 Times in 5,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxness View Post
--- Its ok thankyou!! Is it best to just wait for his call before changing my account??
Actually, if he goes into a reception center, he won't have calls while he's there. I just realized that. I don't know his exact situation, but to the best of my knowledge everyone goes through one after leaving county. Some folks are there a few months, some longer.